• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017

Holy fucking shit, that is impressive, even more so than Chris Pratt getting into shape for Guardians of the Galaxy.

Eidan

AVALANCHE
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Jesus. I literally saw this guy in a gym in LA just a year ago. He looked nowhere close to this. That Hollywood Superhero Transformation regimen is insane.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Woooow, that's great, he looks incredible! He seems really happy with it too, which is even better.

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
It showed up in Silicon Valley as well this past season. I was like damn he got guns. Guilfoyle better look out.

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
This is like when I found out Derek Hough was also a thirst trap and my brain can't reconcile the information

Gatdamn

Dec 2, 2017
I so want this to be good.

The Eternals are a premise with unlimited potential that nobody - even Kirby, really - has ever been able to fully deliver on.

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
Props to him both on all the work he put in but also for letting people know how he got there.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That's impressive but I wish Marvel would mix things up with how a superhero is supposed to look and not simply give us Fat Thor for the cheap laughs. We often talk about the objectification of women and the troubles actresses have to go through to "appeal" to the general audience (and that's all true and has to change), but here we have Kumail, a funny and intelligent guy, that stands out for his charisma and humor, that wasn't in extreme shape but wasn't that bad (he was "normal" I would say), that has to go through all this to fit into the role model. I'm not sure I'm onboard with this. And I know he feels proud, worked his ass off and deserves too look this good. But as he says, this transformation is almost impossible for someone living a normal life without the resources he mentioned.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Wish I could afford people whose job it was to make me look my best. For some reason though, he looks a little older in the face.

wholahay

Dec 18, 2017
I hate to be like, I'm not like other girls about this but I've been watching gay Twitter have a horny meltdown about this for the last 45 minutes and I absolutely cannot understand. Nothing to do with Kumail specifically--he's cute. But the vascularity and the cutness here are actively a turnoff. And yet this is what our culture demands for movie stars now? I dunno, man. I dunno.

SneakyBadger

Oct 26, 2017
Damn that's impressive. And I love the humility of acknowledging that his results wouldn't be feasible without Hollywood money and resources.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
damn, I guess when its your job to get ripped for a role, you can spend the time and energy to do it right

NinjaDBL

Oct 27, 2017
lordt

giphy.gif

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
I thought that sort of giant arm veins was the result of steroids. that's what my body building friend told me about Stallone's similarly huge veins. surely Kumail didn't roid up for this role?

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
That's impressive but I wish Marvel would mix things up with how a superhero is supposed to look and not simply give us Fat Thor for the cheap laughs. We often talk about the objectification of women and the troubles actresses have to go through to "appeal" to the general audience (and that's all true and has to change), but here we have Kumail, a funny and intelligent guy, that stands out for his charisma and humor, that wasn't in extreme shape but wasn't that bad (he was "normal" I would say), that has to go through all this to fit into the role model. I'm not sure I'm onboard with this. And I know he feels proud, worked his ass off and deserves too look this good. But as he says, this transformation is almost impossible for someone living a normal life without the resources he mentioned.

Marvel will never do this. They are still very very much mired in the american standards of beauty and any other body type is, at best, normal and boring and, at worst, to be mocked.