• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Feb 21, 2019
Clearly you have not played both TW3 and GOW4. Geralt plays like a drunk ballerina compared to Kratos
I have indeed. Point being is that a sword slash is a sword slash, a punch or axe hit is a punch or axe hit. Kratos punch and axe hit can kill gods. Geralts sword slash can kill vampires.

There is nothing about these actions by either that are inherently powerful.

Regardless, its just fan fiction. A fun debate, but inherently meaningless. All if comes down to from my perspective is which one is more fun. I think Geralt is more fun to play as (even if the gameplay is not as slick as GoW) (though in the games, he does not kill gods, thus must be weaker).

How about...the vampires in witcher's world are stronger than the gods in Kratos world...thus, Geralt is stronger.

(This whole thing is actually a little silly).

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I have indeed. Point being is that a sword slash is a sword slash, a punch or axe hit is a punch or axe hit. Kratos punch and axe hit can kill gods. Geralts sword slash can kill vampires.

Regardless, its just fan fiction. A fun debate, but inherently meaningless. All if comes down to from my perspective is which one is more fun. I think Geralt is more fun to play as (even if the gameplay is not as slick as GoW) (though in the games, he does not kill gods, thus must be weaker).

How about...the vampires in witcher's world are stronger than the gods in Kratos world...thus, Geralt is stronger.

Psst, Geralt won't fight Higher Vampires (the actual powerful Vampires in his world) on his own, the only one we see who could maybe fight Kratos, kills Geralt in a single hit, because he's no match for them and Geralt wasted his time, that's how weak Geralt is to him.

Feb 21, 2019
Psst, Geralt won't fight Higher Vampires (the actual powerful Vampires in his world) on his own, the only one we see who could maybe fight Kratos, kills Geralt in a single hit, because he's no match for them and Geralt wasted his time, that's how weak Geralt is to him.
Higher Vampires can kill even the most powerful gods in Kratos world in a single blow. Prove me wrong.

(My point being in comparing any two characters in fiction, especially those not existing in the same world where there is even a semblance of cohesive rules...which there aren't anyway)...The discussion of whether one fictional character is more powerful than the other is simply a romp in fan fiction.

Feb 21, 2019
Even assuming Kratos is "more powerful" (which he by definition can't be because its made up fiction), that doesn't translate to more fun to play...more fun to play is all that matters in a game. Some folks like Kratos, some like Geralt more. Its all good.

Kirby is the most powerful video game character.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Higher Vampires can kill even the most powerful gods in Kratos world in a single blow. Prove me wrong.

(My point being in comparing any two characters in fiction, especially those not existing in the same world where there is even a semblance of cohesive rules...which there aren't anyway)...The discussion of whether one fictional character is more powerful than the other is simply a romp in fan fiction.
No one thinks otherwise. But we can compare feats the characters have done and have a fun discussion based on them. Kratos' feats significantly over shadow anything Geralt has done, so less so here, it's a mismatch. And sure we could also just say Kratos has been shown to have unlimited power and could just raise to anything if the writer chooses, so therefore is stronger than anyone, but that's just boring.

Semfry

Oct 25, 2017
The thread creator making a vs thread that's inane even by usual standards and then getting banned (albeit for racism) while whining about post-modernism and cultural relativism is Art.

Feb 21, 2019
No one thinks otherwise. But we can compare feats the characters have done and have a fun discussion based on them. Kratos' feats significantly over shadow anything Geralt has done, so less so here, it's a mismatch. And sure we could also just say Kratos has been shown to have unlimited power and could just raise to anything if the writer chooses, so therefore is stronger than anyone, but that's just boring.
You do see my point. :D Its all fiction. You can just make it up as you go along.
The thread creator making a vs thread that's inane even by usual standards and then getting banned (albeit for racism) while whining about post-modernism and cultural relativism is Art.
This is amazing. HAHA.

cnorwood

Oct 28, 2017

This is why in vs battles you go by feats not character status. Kratos does not win because his enemies are gods like many in this thread are saying however it's because the gods in GoW have feats far beyond anything shown in The Witcher. If it was character status then Kratos is beating Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagann, when by feats he is just getting stepped on

Gameplay styles it's up to personal preference and I was kidding

Feb 21, 2019
This is why in vs battles you go by feats not character status. Kratos does not win because his enemies are gods like many in this thread are saying however it's because the gods in GoW have feats far beyond anything shown in The Witcher. If it was character status then Kratos is beating Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagann, when by feats he is just getting stepped on

Gameplay styles it's up to personal preference and I was kidding
Feats? The mere act of walking in Novigrad is harder than tackling a god in Kratos world! (Im kidding too, its all fun)

Jimmy Joe

Aug 8, 2019
Twenty years ago I used to be big into "who would beat up who" arguments

Nowadays I'm mostly about "how would that story work" discussions

I gotta think that Geralt would make it out of this alive, not by fighting but by sharing vodka with Kratos around a campfire while commiserating about the challenges of raising a kid who's so much more than you are

Feb 21, 2019

I gotta think that Geralt would make it out of this alive, not by fighting but by sharing vodka with Kratos around a campfire while commiserating about the challenges of raising a kid who's so much more than you are
This is the spirit!

Jan 10, 2018
This would probably be like Superman vs Batman. Geralt would know that his strength would not suffice so he would come up with a plan to outsmart Kratos. He is a master planner after all who is not afraid to put himself through torture even to get what he wants.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
This would probably be like Superman vs Batman. Geralt would know that his strength would not suffice so he would come up with a plan to outsmart Kratos. He is a master planner after all who is not afraid to put himself through torture even to get what he wants.

The problem is No weakness for Him to exploit. Geralt may try to step to Atreus but the Boy could beat him by the end of GOW4

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest

In my mind they just drink quietly neither wanting to talk. Then Geralt challenges Kratos to gwent, proceeds to beat him repeatedly making Kratos mad. It all goes downhill for Geralt from there.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
What's Kratos kryptonite?Atreus already beats Geralt
Arthur Morgan could probably kill Geralt
Yeah,Arthur would have more chances against Geralt than Geralt against Kratos,especially a fist fight.

Jimmy Joe

Aug 8, 2019
In my mind they just drink quietly neither wanting to talk. Then Geralt challenges Kratos to gwent, proceeds to beat him repeatedly making Kratos mad. It all goes downhill for Geralt from there.
You say that, but I think Kratos would really get into learning a hobby

Gwent is probably the means by which he ends up reclaiming his humanity, in the end

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Even assuming Kratos is "more powerful" (which he by definition can't be because its made up fiction), that doesn't translate to more fun to play...more fun to play is all that matters in a game. Some folks like Kratos, some like Geralt more. Its all good.

Kirby is the most powerful video game character.

latest

Oct 31, 2017
The Blocc
Kratos would probably beat the dogshit out of Geralt. He's got range, power, athleticism. Geralt would just try and poison him and use magic that really wouldn't do much to stop him from getting torn apart.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kratos killed the entire Greek Pantheon. Geralt's feats doesn't even come close to that. Geralt would get destroyed in seconds.

ProtomanNeo

Oct 27, 2017
In their raw or normal state Kratos. However, I think that Geralt does have the potential through knowledge and magic of defeating Kratos.

Last edited:

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
In their raw or normal state Kratos. However, I think that Geralt does have the potential through knowledge and magic of definitely Kratos.

If you throw them both in a ring then yeah there's no contest, but that's about the least interesting comparison. If Krato's was a job posted on the bulletin board, Geralts either taking the job with a solid plan or just say fuck that. Geralt has beat immortal creatures and gods before because there's usually a plan.

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
I haven't played a single God of War game and The Witcher 3 is one of my all-time favourite games, but even I know poor Geralt would get curb-stomped by Kratos. One is a mutant human with realistic but slightly expanded abilities, one is the son of a god who goes around smiting gods.

Doesn't make any sense at all to compare them.

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Geralt is a far better written and interesting as a character, a much better father to boot, but Kratos is stronger.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
DBZ Goku is basically Yamcha compared to end of DBS Goku.

Actually he became very rusty in DBS at some pojt that a bulelt could hurt him so much which made fans questions his power. I mean his father in law couldn't get hurt by burts of bullets in first DB. Power is very relative even in Dragon Ball. Like I explaiend multiple times, GOW could have been like Dragon Ball Super but was so much toned down due to limitd hardware and gameplay perspectives. I can imagine the next GOW on PS5 to feel and look more overwhelming with power and close to repersentative to the real Kratos power and others gods which isn't that far from most powerful fighters in Dragon Ball.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Actually he became very rusty in DBS at some pojt that a bulelt could hurt him so much which made fans questions his power. I mean his father in law couldn't get hurt by burts of bullets in first DB. Power is very relative even in Dragon Ball. Like I explaiend multiple times, GOW could have been like Dragon Ball Super but was so much toned down due to limitd hardware and gameplay perspectives. I can imagine the next GOW on PS5 to feel and look more overwhelming with power and close to repersentative to the real Kratos power and others gods which isn't that far from most powerful fighters in Dragon Ball.
You mean that laser in the movie?

I always though that weird episodes like that could be explained away if you assume that DBZ durability isn't down to their skin and flesh actually being that durable, but being coated with the Ki emanating form the body.

If Goku didn't have his Ki up at that moment, that would explain how he could get hurt... or by that pebble Krillin threw at him that one time in Z... or even how their clothes remain intact.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017

I always though that weird episodes like that could be explained away if you assume that DBZ durability isn't their skin and flesh actually being that durable, but being coated with the Ki emanating form the body.

If Goku didn't have his Ki up at that moment, that would explain how he could get hurt.

Oh you remidned me of that laser in the Frieza movie. No, I was talking about Goku when he was working as farmer and he was shot by bullet from some kind of gangsters and he neitehr could feel the bulelt to dodge it but he was bleeding from it after while his brother Raditz could catch a bullet and return agaisnt that farmer.

Now thinking of this, while power difference can be discussed, I actually I think Kratos has a more physically robust body than Goku or any DB character, such low level elements can't hurt him so easily. In fact Kratos and baldr hhave the most indestructible bodies in known stories (besides Saitama of course bu this one is just a parody).
Saiyans can live more than 100 years but they will be much weaker later while Kratos and his gods could live for thousands of years and not lose any health or power, on the contrary they can become stronger.
So when it comes physical bodies, Kratos ihas the edge over any DB character except maybe the destruction gods themselves.

Last edited:

Deleted member 50761

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 11, 2018

I always though that weird episodes like that could be explained away if you assume that DBZ durability isn't down to their skin and flesh actually being that durable, but being coated with the Ki emanating form the body.

If Goku didn't have his Ki up at that moment, that would explain how he could get hurt... or by that pebble Krillin threw at him that one time in Z... or even how their clothes remain intact.
This is how I've always explained it to myself.

Unless Kratos attacks Goku while he is asleep he would get straight up Kamehameha'd off the planet lol.

cnorwood

Oct 28, 2017
u wot m8? Goku would easily beat Kratos in a fist fight, Goku's speed alone totally outmatches Kratos.
Yeah but his physical strength pales in comparison

Ah what. Goku has a ton of physical feats. Like being able to stand up in what was close to being a blackhole
When was this, and was there anything else to suggest it was close to a black hole other than narration?
We talking about comparing Kratos to a Planet destroying tier character like Goku yea ?

And thats just in Z , haven't fully watched Super so am assuming theres shit in there thats far more ridiculous.
Goku is nowhere near a planet destroyer physically and there is nothing in the show/manga that even suggests it. Even post cell saga Goku needs to go SSJ to lift 10 tons in one hand.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah but his physical strength pales in comparison

When was this, and was there anything else to suggest it was close to a black hole other than narration?

Goku is nowhere near a planet destroyer physically and there is nothing in the show/manga that even suggests it. Even post cell saga Goku needs to go SSJ to lift 10 tons in one hand.

Actually Kratos was hit and stabbed by the most powerful beings and weapons in the world and he survived and ecen crawled back from death.
But there is a very important detail that I forgot, the most important one in fact (that I even posted myself some time ago).

From here:

Kratos realized that he is cursed and can't even die, and he is condemned to wander for the eternity, and if he doesn't want to get insane, he needs to change".

So there is literally, nothing that can kill Kratos regardless of its power level.
Devs designed Kratos and planned him to become death itself at some point since the start of the series.
Kratos has a cursed life, cursed existence and cursed body more than anyone else.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017

Vegeta literally blows up a planet on the way to earth. And this was in the first saga of Z. Goku now is faaaar more powerful than that.

Comparing Kratos to Goku is even more of a joke than comparing Kratos to Geralt.