• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 2, 2018
Kratos would win.

However let me make a case for Geralt: the only chance he has would be if he manages to hit Kratos with Axii.

For those not in the know Axii is a hypnotic spell which can calm enemies, or more generally effect their mind.

For the sake of argument let's say Kratos' godhood does not give him a blanket immunity to this power. This is plausible - as mind tricks have been employed against Kratos to great effect.

Kratos' power is greatly enhanced by anger so this calming spell is going to limit him greatly. We see in gameplay at this level Kratos still requires numerous hits to defeat lessser Greek monsters which Geralt is probably comparable to in terms of endurance.

It's worth noting Kratos' combat style is based on using this raw strength. He whips chains around and savagely swings his axe. If the spell effects him enough he has to switch to a more skill based combat style - Geralt may stand a small chance.

Even without his strength Kratos is a skilled technical fighter - but as we see in God of War's stranger boss fight when taken by surprise he quickly ends up on the back foot as the quicker opponent gets the best of him.

Geralt and Kratos are relatively equally trained at technical fighting - but Geralt might have a slight edge with his Witcher reactions. Geralt might get one shot, and assuming he has a weapon that can do the deed, could potentially take Kratos by surprise and decapitate his head. Anything less would mean a quick death for Geralt.

At the point IF Geralt already knew what he was dealing with he might be able to perform a ritual to lay Kratos body to final rest, to stop him climbing out of hell for revenge.

There are a lot of ifs, buts and maybes there - but that's the one shot Geralt has.

Last edited:

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
You do realize that GOW has the most accurate depiction of Norse mythology and not a westenized version of it all? Portraying trolls as smart beraded warrirors, portraying dark elves with their real non human like features, portraying the light elves as the real threat too.
Tbh, I think whenever Norse stuff is compared to Kratos we should stick to the real deal, like real Norse Gods and not Norse Gods from Marvel or MCU or Norse creatures from western medias beacsue they are just westernized media depictions, to not say simplified or twisted just to appeal to the common public because the real mythological stories are kinda gloomier and not that appealing to everyone.
Just telling you so any confusion won't occur.

On topic, I think both Thor and especially Freya with wings would destroy Kratos if not fully powered or consuming all his past rage.

As a Dane who grew up learning about "our" mythology I know quite a bit about it.

Two things:
1) The Sylvanas comment was meant as a joke and a slight dig at Blizzard.

2) GoW version of Norse mythology is very far from actual Norse mythology.
Edit: it's true it's closer than a lot of other versions but still takes quite a few liberties. (Which is fine)

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Even if Geralt managed to get lucky and kill Kratos first it wouldnt matter, Geralt would sustain serious injuries and Kratos would just kill Satan and climb out of hell to finish the job

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
As a Dane who grew up learning about "our" mythology I know quite a bit about it.

Two things:
1) The Sylvanas comment was meant as a joke and a slight dig at Blizzard.

2) GoW version of Norse mythology is very far from actual Norse mythology.
Edit: it's true it's closer than a lot of other versions but still takes quite a few liberties. (Which is fine)

I know exactly which points you are refering too because I know enough of Norse mythology too, but I think what GOW is doing is kinda great tbh, they are not replicating the exact events which will make the whole GOW plot literraly expectable and not surprising at all. Greek folks said the same about GOW Greece but I thnik what they are doing with Norse settings is much much betetr, in fact they are creating their own timeline and events based on the Norse events which is very interesting tbh.
Anyway, we don't rule out that GOW is the closest and most grounded depecition of real norse mythlogy compared to any otehr game or media.

Thagirion

Dec 6, 2018
Now can Kratos win vs Mario ? (Mário can use Yoshi/all power ups)
Kratos gets one day prep time

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Kratos just smashes shit. Geralt is a thinking fighter and always comes prepared.
My money is on Geralt, that's assuming there are weaknesses to be exploited here...

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
He's weaker in that he's intentionally suppressing his rage. Also by the fact he no longer has the Blade of Olympus or the Blades of Exile, his 2 most powerful weapons.
well, if we're talking the most recent version of kratos, yeah he does. can i just remind you that he still had enough strength to literally part the earth with his struggle with baldur, and smash him through a small mountain? holding back your anger doesnt mean your overwhelming power means nothing

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
They'd fight for 30 seconds, realize they have a lot in common, and then go drink the nearest tavern out of business.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
maxresdefault.jpg

He survived this, what he hell is Geralt going to do to him?

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
well, if we're talking the most recent version of kratos, yeah he does. can i just remind you that he still had enough strength to literally part the earth with his struggle with baldur, and smash him through a small mountain? holding back your anger doesnt mean your overwhelming power means nothing
Who said it does? When your power is literally increased based on your rage, suppressing that (he spent literally hundreds of years doing so) is going to weaken you. Nevermind the fact he no longer possesses his most powerful weapons or the power of hope (the only reason he could beat Ares or Zeus). He's weaker, it doesn't mean he's weak.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
i don't see any game char winning against Kratos, he is also very smart in a fight and people tend to sell him only for his strength.

Then you don't play a lot of games because there's literally tons of video game characters that would absolutely thrash Kratos.

One such example is Shu and Neo Granzon (hell any top tier from SRW) who would crush Kratos like an ant.

Last edited:

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Some of the Dragon Ball lineup from Fighterz could beat Kratos i think.

Well 2 users with Dragon Ball avatars, so obviously will think about this. :p

In fact read my previous posts. GOW was suppsoedly being Dragon Ball like when it coems to pwoer destruction and feats but due to grounded gameplay and mostly limited hardware, they toned donw Kratos' power by around 1000, yet with GOW PS4 we still got a glimpse of Dragon Ball fights when fighting Baldr.

I expect GOW PS5 to show combats with the level of Dragon Ball especially when fighting Thor.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
This will probably get laughed at by people not as familiar with the character, but Pit from Kid Icarus seems like it would be an actually interesting match up.

Adult Icarus was no match at all for Kratos whou could easily steal his wings with noeffrots at all so his kid version wouldn't even stand a chance.
/s

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I know. Anyway I would like to know how they will manage to have a good vision between the real power of Kratos and the PS5 hardware without falling in something unplayable or so damn anime like.

Edit btw, just this moment I stumbled on this. What a coincidence. XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Kratos: is one of the Hakaishins /gods of destruction levels
Geralt: MR. Satan
Chotto matte

aerozombie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe with some Batman level intel and planning Geralt can win. Otherwise, you put them in an arena without warning, Geralt gon' die.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Fighterz has no decent feats on its own. If you scale it off the manga/anime then yes they would absolutely demolish anything in God of War. God of War is not that powerful in the grand scheme of things.

Pretty much, just looking at the general level of power in the fights in the new God of War, Krillin could beat everyone there.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Lol how is this even a question??

Kratos can kill geralt with one finger and 1% of his force...

Do people think that a magic shield can do something vs a guy who kills gods for breakfast?

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
The question should have been : who can wins in a fight against Kratos
15 pages laters, we would have a thread closed with the only answer possible : Kirby.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Geralt wins for being the better character.

Kratos wins in any conceivable variety of fight to the death. He's been killed and climbed back out of hell because he was mad. I don't think a mcguffin exists in either universe to beat that.

Deleted member 50761

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
Well 2 users with Dragon Ball avatars, so obviously will think about this. :p

In fact read my previous posts. GOW was suppsoedly being Dragon Ball like when it coems to pwoer destruction and feats but due to grounded gameplay and mostly limited hardware, they toned donw Kratos' power by around 1000, yet with GOW PS4 we still got a glimpse of Dragon Ball fights when fighting Baldr.

I expect GOW PS5 to show combats with the level of Dragon Ball especially when fighting Thor.
Don't get me wrong I love GoW but Kratos wouldn't even be close to Goku or Vegeta, especially not Broly or Gogeta. Assuming Kratos can't breathe in space, Goku could drop him off on the Moon in seconds.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
Kratos just smashes shit. Geralt is a thinking fighter and always comes prepared.
My money is on Geralt, that's assuming there are weaknesses to be exploited here...

This is such a misconception. Kratos was a high ranking Spartan general leading an army before even figuring out he was a demi-god.

Herr Starr

Oct 26, 2017
Norway
Anyone who votes Geralt has no understanding of that character whatsoever. There wouldn't even be a fight between the two. Geralt would take his horse and ride in the opposite direction, and if he was forced into a confrontation, he'd yield instead of submitting to a ridiculous duel against a god. And even if he did fight, he'd get trounced. Geralt struggles against groups of humans and knows it. There is nothing for him here.

I mean, even if you ignore the books and focus on the games, where Geralt is significantly more powerful, he still doesn't even get a chance to fight against the only godlike character he meets (the game would autokill you if it got to that), and he gets killed in a cutscene against a non-god monster he comes across in one of the expansions because he's so clearly out of his element, despite preparing himself.

In short, this poll is stupid. It would probably rank high in a poll over the dumbest polls on ResetEra.