• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited to see Duggan do something exciting with X-Men as a team. I've not enjoyed Hickman's book.

Last edited:

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Polaris winning the fan vote was completely expected and a little disappointing.

Hopefully it doesn't screw over X-Factor.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
This seems cool, but didn't they just reboot X-Men recently? It seems weird they're already going back to #1 again.

Written by Gerry Duggan? So what is Hickman going to be doing (if anything)?

Basically 'X-Men' has been the all purpose Krakoa book. There's been no official Flagship X-Men team so they're essentially spinning that book out into two new books, this one focusing on the new team, and Hickman's Untitled Book which is continuing the stuff he's been writing.

OP
OP
Nakenorm

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Don't you start shipping

But i like the idea
They recently had a thing for each other. But Laura doesn't remember any of it.

X-Men-19-Wolverine-Synch-Relationship.jpeg

The Watcher

Oct 29, 2017
Isn't Rogue hella broken at the moment? It's been a while since I've read X-men, but doesn't she currently have the ability to mimic powers without touching/draining their life, use multiple powers at once, and all while not absorbing memories?

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I was really bummed that Polaris won the vote but Synch and Laura are amazing adds.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
I didn't know Synch was still around. I hadn't read the comics since Generation X was still around but I figured they were all forgotten about by now.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Time passes differently in the vault. They were gone for a few months but for them it was seemingly a century or so. But only if they make it out of the vault could Cerebro remotely back up their minds.

Only one made it out.
Longer than that, I think they said they were in there for hundreds of years.

That panel where he drops to the ground outside the vault and calls to Xavier, a second before the Children descend on him...so good.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Longer than that, I think they said they were in there for hundreds of years.

That panel where he drops to the ground outside the vault and calls to Xavier, a second before the Children descend on him...so good.
Then being resurrected and he's the only one who remembers. 👌

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Its a really neat team for a new generation. Its basically Krakoa's way of saying: just because you fear us, doesnt mean were not going to stop being super heroes. Love the new team members like Synch and Laura joining the team.

Polaris is the only one that feels out of place lol.

Hewlett

Oct 27, 2017
This is a solid lineup. I assumed we were going to get Logan but Laura's Wolverine is even better, especially since we'll get some good follow-up with her relationship with Synch.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Its a really neat team for a new generation. Its basically Krakoa's way of saying: just because you fear us, doesnt mean were not going to stop being super heroes. Love the new team members like Synch and Laura joining the team.

Polaris is the only one that feels out of place lol.
Polaris was literally the one that was voting on by fans.

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
So Jean and Lorna backed up by mimics Rogue and Synch... thats a whoopin waiting to happen.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Excited for X-Men to be a proper book instead of the current "What's going on in Krakoa?" book it is now.

I wonder if Leah Williams has enough pull to get Gwenpool on X-Factor if she wanted to. Who better to help with investigations and you need to replace Polaris, although that might be cheating.

Edit: Oh fuck, I forgot she was on the Classified book too

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Synch and Rogue on the same team is an interesting move. Doubling down on the power mimics.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Especially since he can use powers in different ways then the original user, and also he can use folk's latent powers. remember when he got TK from Emma Frost?
A nigh unkillable max level TK with the power to fly and drain you of life while touching you and shooting punch lasers out his eyes. Synch is gonna be the kind of superhero you get when you let a small child pick a character's powers

OP
OP
Nakenorm

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I just hope this doesn't mean that Rogue is leaving Excalibur. I actually enjoy her together with Captain Britain etc.

Trike

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Jean Grey looks like a trick-or-treater photobombing the x-men

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
just resubbed to MU after years of not owning a tablet, I'm trying to google the complete reading list since Hickman took over (every title even the off shoots and shit, not just the hickman written stuff) but I'm coming up short, any good guide (like the good ol' Hickman FF/Avengers chart or the Marvel Cosmic Chart)?

OP
OP
Nakenorm

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
just resubbed to MU after years of not owning a tablet, I'm trying to google the complete reading list since Hickman took over (every title even the off shoots and shit, not just the hickman written stuff) but I'm coming up short, any good guide (like the good ol' Hickman FF/Avengers chart or the Marvel Cosmic Chart)?
Just start with the house of x. Each issue tells you exactly what to read next on the last page, And that continues to the rest of the comics as well.
XzG66Z2.jpg

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Synch is like a dollar store Mimic, and I'm pretty sure they retconned Mimic to be a mutant at some point.

OmniGamer

Oct 27, 2017
I hope Jean and Lorna have some good bonding moments...the first two X-Gals! Rogue and Jean could be fun too. And they better not put Jean in a den mother role a la the late 90s. I'd be shocked if Jean and Laura's past interactions(teen Jean era and X-Men Red) will be brought up at all

Great to see Synch in the big leagues. He's got a lot of raw power to tap into and a healing factor to copy to boot. So glad he's around and not goddamned Hope Summers.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
Y'know, I long ago made peace with the fact that modern Jean Grey will never have a proper super-hero code-name, but I just wish they would get the poor woman out of the sixties, Marvel-Girl, Go-Go boots costume. Especially after they had already tried to revive that shit with Rachel...

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I love seeing Laura and Synch together on the team after that amazing issue in the Vault. Great roster.

I guess this means they'll kill that Hickman book they used to set stories and add background. I hope that classified book functionally replaces it.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Y'know, I long ago made peace with the fact that modern Jean Grey will never have a proper super-hero code-name, but I just wish they would get the poor woman out of the sixties, Marvel-Girl, Go-Go boots costume. Especially after they had already tried to revive that shit with Rachel...

Phoenix was a great code name, but they re-assigned it to a space deity in order to get on her death, and now the Avengers have taken that.

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
Can I have Chris Bachalo drawing at least one of these, I loved his work on whatever run that was years ago.

This team seems cool but it also feels very safe. Synch is definitely the highlight.