• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
"Immediately gets his ass whooped"

Glad I wasn't the only one to notice this lol. The Kano one was similar though this one is even more egregious since he loses haha. I feel like they miss the point of a character reveal is to highlight the character they're revealing. Unless this is a Jacqui Briggs reveal also in which case why label it the Kotal Kahn reveal?

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
They showed a bunch of Kotal on the Kast tonight, I'm not that upset he got bodied here.

Character looks rad.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I expected to get excited for Kotal Khan. They instead got me hyped for Jacqui.

Mesoian

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 28, 2017
Kotal Seems like my kind of character. Throw mixups and long range mids, he's basically Mika.

But yeah, Jacqui seems dope, even if she seems SUPER hard to play.

javac

Oct 28, 2017
i don't know why but this shit is killing me, he got his ass kicked in his own reveal lmao i'm dying here

Oct 28, 2017
Kotal Kahn always was a jobber. The Kombat Kids have been running a train on him since 2015.

They gave Jacqui a damn aegis reflector? Say no more. I'll give her a shot.

But does anyone else think her animations look a bit off compared to other characters we've seen?

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Hahahaha, Kotal got fuckin bodied.

This game looks insane, I wish I was any good at MK.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I've already seen folk say Jacqui already has so much more personality based off of only 5 seconds of intro dialogue.

The fuck you talking about. Literally sounds like the same Jacqui who had more personality than most of MKX's cast.

Save for Ermac, who had more personalities than everyone combined.

Spacejaws

"This guy are sick" of the One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Jackie is looking much more interesting character design wise. Played through Mortal Kombat X recently andliked the idea of her character but though the actual design was really plain coupled with her personality been pretty dull and being overshadowed in her little spec ops team (which felt more Power Rangers than Special Forces but I digress).

Looking forward to this iteration.

fadedbones

Oct 25, 2017
Fuckin A
I didn't know so many people liked clowning Kotal. I'll see y'all online or something dang :(

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Kotal's jaguar attack has a weird ass animation where after tearing out the opponent's throat he just... Runs back and allows them to get up.

At least have the victim throw him off or something.

Gunslinger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Would you guys be hype when Shao Kahn goes hammer mode on Kotal Kahn . I think Kotals days are numbered in MK.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, so it seems this is going to be a trend. When Kano was revealed the other week with Cassie we saw Cassie giving him an ass whooping and it looked like a Cassie reveal but instead it was called the Kano reveal. Now we're seeing the same thing with Kotal and Jacqui.

I'm guessing we're going to see all the 100% goody goods beating up these others for the rest of the reveals lol.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I actually give a shit about jacqui now... she just looked so bleh in the last game but now the way she moves and her unique stuff makes me glad shes in. If all the kombat kids were in MK X the way they are now in MK 11...whew.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My brother is a Kotal Kahn main and I had to tell him before he saw it because goddamn that's brutal lol