• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
Just jumping into to say

this is not true*

and shouldn't be normalised**

* God of War, Spiderman, Red Dead 2, Witcher 3, Mario Odyssey, BotW, HZD, MGS V, and, well, I'm done listing great games that launched great but you get the idea.

** Because, you know, don't lower your expectations or demands, because normalising this shit shouldn't be acceptable
It's going to be normalised whether you like it or not, unfortunately.

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
Oh cool, I'll try with gamepass PC.
*A bit of research later*
I have to pay a sub for fast travel? lol

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Really?! They used to charge you caps you barely got, all the game does is create problems & make you pay your way out of the created problems.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
My brother has been enjoying this game greatly the past year or so. He often tells me about his adventures in it, and he hated Fallout 4.

I've been tempted to jump in and give it a go, but I haven't yet. One day, perhaps.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
They rebalanced the game, huh? Maybe I should check it out again.

The always online and shitty monetisation will keep it from being a good game in my eyes though.

No? Where did you heard that? From I can find, the stupidly expensive subscription service only gives you fast travel marker but you can still fast travel to any major location you've discovered without it.

Teepo671

Nov 1, 2017
Guam
It's great but they still haven't fixed a crapload of bugs. I played the game until around level 72 when the game launched, took a break and started playing again shortly after the legendary run began and ran into bugs that I remember at launch. If you can look past the massive number of bugs and the godawful performance on consoles it's definitely a fun game though. Since I came back it's been the only game I've played and I've logged in close to 800 hours by now.

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
They rebalanced the game, huh? Maybe I should check it out again.

The always online and shitty monetisation will keep it from being a good game in my eyes though.

No? Where did you heard that? From I can find, the stupidly expensive subscription service only gives you fast travel marker but you can still fast travel to any major location you've discovered without it.

Oh, ok, less bad. lol
Sorry.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
You do not need to pay a sub to fast travel, but it does cost you in game caps. There are also a couple free fast travel locations you can use to traverse the map and cut down on your fast travel charge.

Fallout 1st sub allows you to place a survival tent down anywhere on the map that can be used as a free fast travel marker. It also comes with some camp basics.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
completely sidestepping the dude's point up above but okay you do you

Go back and read the original post I replied to. It had nothing to do with "personal opinion" - it was literally this: "It was never as bad as the dogpiling it got at launch to begin with."

It's cool that some people found enjoyment with the initial launch product, and everyone has a right to their own opinion. But the fact of the matter is that it was bad enough to warrant significant criticism at launch, regardless of any one person's ability to look past its issues. It was only after I said the game was bad that the "uh, well, personal opinion" stuff was brought up. So, sorry, but I'm not in the wrong here. People need to stop being so aggressively defensive about everything - especially this thing.

Deleted member 10726

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
I enjoyed Fallout 76 before Wastelanders already, gotta admit tho I only really stuck around to complete all quests after its release.

I know there's an endgame with gold bullion but it is boring as heck so I dropped it since you really just run out of stuff to do once you hit the point where your daily allotment of fun is doing some short radiant quests you can only do once per day.

gothmog

Oct 28, 2017
NY
I reinstalled it last week based on another one of these "Hey it's good now" threads. Got bored after two hours. Is there some exciting game path I should be following from the beginning?

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
completely sidestepping the dude's point up above but okay you do you

"it didn't deserve to get dogpiled"
"it did deserve to get dogpiled"
"no, you don't get to tell me what my experience was!"

responding to a very similarly worded sentiment in an unnecessarily melodramatic way is often a form of sidestepping in itself, tbh

but anyway

Deleted member 25128

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
You can seriously play through almost everything solo. Many times the group stuff takes like 10 mins at a time and its basically drop in and out.

Yeah appreciate that you can play solo... I guess its me getting older and having such a massive backlog, I don't generally buy online only games these days. Last one was the Division. I try to stay clear of it, because being a game collector, just don't like the idea of having a game I can no longer play when I actually get around to playing it.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
If you are going to Give F76 a chance:

GET

A

FALLOUT 1ST

SUB

I can't stress enough how having your private server changes the experience in terms of lag and stuff. Otherwise, in public servers you will have to deal with 0.5 delays with every action you make.

Sure Im gonna pay huge gaming corporation a freakin sub for allowing me to have something as basic as private server. Lmao.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
If you are going to Give F76 a chance:

GET

A

FALLOUT 1ST

SUB

I can't stress enough how having your private server changes the experience in terms of lag and stuff. Otherwise, in public servers you will have to deal with 0.5 delays with every action you make.
I can't speak for PC but i have 1000 hours on the Xbox version and i can't say i have ever had an issue with delay or lag outside of launch. The reason big update has been flawless for me and my friends. Although, FO 1st is great. Fun fact, if you just want the box, armor etc. you can get a month and cancel it right after and xbox will refund you.

Worldshaker

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
I'm glad some people are enjoying this still.

I just can't go back to this laggy/janky game. I've tried a few times, but it just feels so half-baked. I'd rather play Destiny 2 or WoW instead. I'm still mad at myself for buying this day one.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I thought Wastelanders and on was a clear improvement from base game, and it runs well on my computer now. I feel like they really whiffed on Faction and Ally stuff though still, they needed a ton more variety... Some of the Wastelanders raider story quests and characters are legitimately good too.

I like the game enough to keep it installed to poke around whenever there's a major update.

DosDaddy

Feb 17, 2019
I got it just after wastelanders. My only complaint is weapon/armour damage rates and my constant lack of ammo. 1 hour of ammo making/finding per 15mins of questing is annoying. But other than that I enjoy it alot. Hell the BR mode is even okay.

Pandaforce

Oct 28, 2017
It's still a buggy mess, but there's fun moments to be had. Worth trying out if you have Gamepass, but still really not worth more than $10 or $20 imo. Big game breaking bugs go months without ever getting fixed (some have existed since launch with no plans of getting fixed).

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Not even one good NPC, not one really memorable story, combat is still clunky.

Eh. Pretty good? I guess if you have low standards or play with friends.

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt it. The game was absolutely terrible on PS4 when I played around a year ago. The game would need a signfiicant performance boost and it would need to fundamentally chamge the way it delivered its story, which I doubt it truly has

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if I'd call it "good," but I finally started a fresh character and find it way more compelling to play after getting quests from NPCs in the world.
Not sure how much more I'll end up playing, but I guess I'd have to say I'm enjoying my time with it. I still refuse to pay a damn (optional) subscription for it, though.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
When I redownloaded it I was baffled by how good the first parts of the story quests were, and then realized that the endgame is back to the same barren bullshit it was prior and without mods I just can't be bothered (unless they've added FUNCTIONING Private servers and mod support now?)