• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, that must have been one hell of a payday. Epic exclusivity is bad enough, but at least it's still on all platforms. Cutting out the consoles like this is unheard of.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Oh cool exclusive games I can't play because I don't live in the right country

Ain't the streaming future wonderful

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
So what you're saying is that unique PS4/Xbox features such as an "offline mode" not avaiable on Stadia make the Stadia version a dealbreaker even though you don't need new hardware to use it.

Hmnmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm why does this sound so familiar?

I wish I can like this response because it so proves my point:

Exclusives suck.

Jamrock User

Jan 24, 2018
But I'm sure those defending EGS practices will chime in and say that this is good for the developer since they are getting paid by Google extra money and folks can easily play it on Stadia cuz Google is giving out Stadia Pro for free as of recent.

Right????
My guy...Google stadia actually doesn't work outside of the states and limited other countries. I understand what you're trying to say but doesn't even compare in the slightest.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
There are lots of games on consoles you can't play in some countries.
You juste arrived into gaming ?

Mate, I can create a Taiwanese PSN account anytime I want to buy a game only released in Taiwan, or any country. I can't do that with Stadia. The entire country is blocked from accessing the service.

Oct 25, 2017
UK NW
Well on the other hand they've been seeing how other companies have been doing the moneyhatting to their platforms/services and now they are just following suit. Things are going to get really stupid when Amazon, Google, MS, Sony, Facebook, Apple and others are all moneyhatting specific games to their platforms/services/ecosystems.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
lol @ paying for Serious Sam console exclusivity.

If this moves 50 extra Stadia's, I'd be impressed.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I lowkey hope that Stadia pulls this shit with something like Cyberpunk for a month of exclusivity so people can get a real taste of the outer limits of this paid exclusivity bullshit.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Thats not the same. Epic game store is not any different when it comes to playing the games then Steam store. Stadia is different from PS4/Xbox. Not everyone can stream.. some have slow internet or spotty internet. Its not the same.

So what you're saying is that unique PS4/Xbox features such as an "offline mode" not avaiable on Stadia make the Stadia version a dealbreaker even though you don't need new hardware to use it.

Hmnmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm why does this sound so familiar?

Actually incredible.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
it's just another service
I see what you did there..I chuckled a bit ;-D

But yeah exclusivity like this and in general is always bullcrap. I'd rather live in a world where there isn't horseshit like this.

This all but ensures it will bomb. Bummer.

So all of about ten people get to play it in this exclusivity period. Nice...
Not sure it will pan out like this considering its a PC franchise to begin with historically.

Uhhhhh good luck I guess

It's on Steam so I'm sure it will be fine but doing this to keep it off console is weird.
Its not only weird but Anti-consumer just because google wants to keep it off consoles since its placed itself as their direct competitor. Simply paying to have the games off its competitor for a year even though stadia itself isn't that good imo.

Damn, that must have been one hell of a payday. Epic exclusivity is bad enough, but at least it's still on all platforms. Cutting out the consoles like this is unheard of.

What? Lol. EGS exclusivity and Stadia exclusivity are two totally different things. Afaik you DOWNLOAD THE GAME on EGS exactly like on Steam, you're not playing remotely.
Steam is a full Digital content platform and not just a launcher. Steam back in its early days when it just had launcher and a store could've been called just a storefront and launcher. Right now its a full ecosystem on PC with it having full native controller support, Big picture mode for a TV like interface, A whole digital market place dedicated to in-game items, SteamVR along with their Valve Index VR Device. There's no single 'digital content platform' on PC thats even close to comparing to steam objectively. GOG comes close with its true to itself DRM-Free games and now it has that so useful all-in-one launcher thing with GOG galaxy that incorporates libraries of Steam, Origin, uPlay in it and then you have Epic who were the first ones to leave PC gaming, calling it dead and calling PC gamers 'pirates'. You can't trust entities like that man. Hence a lot of people use steam because of its features and want to stay in that ecoystem due to the trust that Valve has earned over the many years by improving it and adding features and useful quirks annually.

Last edited:

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
There are lots of games on consoles you can't play in some countries.
You've just arrived into gaming ?
You can make other accounts for different countries as well as import games. Stadia is inaccessible/not available in certain countries, so there's no way for people living their to access it or any exclusive games.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Moneyhatted exclusives suck. Funny how somehow there's a line in the sand here that is different than the EGS shitposting that's been going on for months.

Moneyhatted exclusives suck. It doesn't matter if I have to use a platform that isn't available in my country, one that doesn't support offline play, one that doesn't support my controller or inputs, one that doesn't have cloud saves, or a completely different piece of hardware: compromising the way I want to play purely based on a moneyhat sucks. There's no benefit to me in playing on one specific service only instead of being able to choose where to play.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone have any problem waiting for this? I didn't think it was very highly anticipated.

I can only really speak from a PC gaming perspective, but the series is pretty well loved for PC / LAN / Coop as Doom and its mods. It's classic. So there is a lot of nostalgia for its no nonsense over the top stupidity. It's been 9 years since the last game (excluding VR stuff), and there's been a lot of teasing. Definitely excitement for it.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
This all but ensures it will bomb. Bummer.

Was SS ever big on consoles?

But I'm sure those defending EGS practices will chime in and say that this is good for the developer since they are getting paid by Google extra money and folks can easily play it on Stadia cuz Google is giving out Stadia Pro for free as of recent.

Right????

What? Lol. EGS exclusivity and Stadia exclusivity are two totally different things. Afaik you DOWNLOAD THE GAME on EGS exactly like on Steam, you're not playing remotely.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
There was an old article about how stadia had at least 10 timed exclusives coming out by july this year, was in January this year and admittedly some of those releases may not happen due to WFH COVID delays.
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...-than-10-stadia-timed-exclusives-by-july-2020

Oh so I guess more like this can be expected then. Doubt Google will be going for the extremely popular anticipated titles, but I guess I can see more of this kind of "mid-tier" thing happening just to make noise

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Would've bought it in a heartbeat if Stadia was available here. Don't give a shit about launcher/console wars.

Also I dunno why this thread is hijacked by all the EGS crap.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
UK NW
Oh so I guess more like this can be expected then. Doubt Google will be going for the extremely popular anticipated titles, but I guess I can see more of this kind of "mid-tier" thing happening just to make noise
Yes seems like it for now, but if they get traction/subscribers from doing this they could always try and play for something bigger.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
floEANf.gif

Couldn't help but wonder how fast this meme evolves...