• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lnds500

Oct 27, 2017
That Action Adventure game has me intrigued. Still hoping for a Bioware-like game down the road from Ubisoft.

jschreier

Press Sneak Fuck
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if I misspoke or if this was all poorly transcribed from my pod (haven't had time to re-listen), but just to be crystal clear:

- Pioneer is no longer a new IP - it's now almost certainly a Rainbow Six co-op PVE shooter

- I think Orpheus is more of an RPG than an action-adventure game - I believe the Zelda comparisons are more in terms of the art style. Pretty sure it's a Ubi Quebec game.

More to come on Monday, obv.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if I misspoke or if this was all poorly transcribed from my pod (haven't had time to re-listen), but just to be crystal clear:

- Pioneer is no longer a new IP - it's now almost certainly a Rainbow Six co-op PVE shooter

- I think Orpheus is more of an RPG than an action-adventure game - I believe the Zelda comparisons are more in terms of the art style. Pretty sure it's a Ubi Quebec game.

Not to ask you to go too far into detail, but from the sound of that: Did they strip all of the sci-fi elements out of Pioneer as it became a Rainbow Six game?

And Orpheus sounds super exciting now lol

OP
OP

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Thread has some strong inaccuracies

I am FURIOUS apologize to me and my grandfather right now

(I blame Nibel )

The real question is how much are you not telling me?! 🔍🔎🔍🔎

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Oh, shit, Ubi Quebec?

Man, I hope it's given a good enough budget. Ubi has gotten so much better with regards to their open worlds and they have amazing artistic talent among their ranks, so this could be great.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
So am I missing something here. Rainbow Six is going to have some sort of Co-op PVE deal? So the stuff about single player is dead is technically true because it is going to be co-op?

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
So am I missing something here. Rainbow Six is going to have some sort of Co-op PVE deal? So the stuff about single player is dead is technically true because it is going to be co-op?

You figure Siege continues to be it's own thing, since they said they wanted it to last for ten years. This will be a separate thing that will be co-op, probably along the lines of Ghost Recon. What sets it apart from GR remains to be seen though.

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
There were rumors months ago that Pioneer was dead, but its name was taken, at least internally, for a multiplayer R6 game. A quick Google search goes back to January at least

The other revelations in this thread are certainly interesting

Edit: I guess they started at Kotaku too, go figure

Oct 29, 2017
Oh, shit, Ubi Quebec?

Man, I hope it's given a good enough budget. Ubi has gotten so much better with regards to their open worlds and they have amazing artistic talent among their ranks, so this could be great.

Which games did Quebec work on mianly?

Actually does anyone have a breakdown of which studios have made which AC games? Wikipedia is no help lol

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Which games did Quebec work on mianly?

Actually does anyone have a breakdown of which studios have made which AC games? Wikipedia is no help lol
I could be wrong, but they're the main developers of Odyssey and Syndicate, if we're talking recent games.

Ubi has soooo many people and studios around the world that it's sometimes hard to gauge which studio is the main one, yeah lol.

TheBored23

Aug 10, 2018
I was actually really fascinated by the detail that Ubisoft has this creative figure whose job consists of putting new ideas or concepts Ubisoft might be working on into existing IPs.

Elixist

Oct 31, 2017
Shut up and give me back my money !

PossibleGlisteningHarrier-size_restricted.gif

devSin

Oct 27, 2017

Elixist

Oct 31, 2017
small scoped? that seems weird for them, based on their releases (and gaas gaas gaas talk) the last while. maybe testing the waters to see if its something they can build onto.

Deleted member 1441

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can also say, Orpheus is something that could potentially be a really great game. Just hope the execution is there.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
"Was a peaceful sci-fi game, was cancelled and turned into a co-op shooter"

Ubisoft announces 'Pioneer: Discovery'

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
So the three big games for Q1 2020 (calendar) are:
Roller Champions
Orpheus
Watch Dogs 3.

Splinter Cell fans get canned again lol