• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Super Havoc

Banned
Aug 24, 2018
The Haven
Was reading the article earlier and a lot of it is similar to how I feel.
I like that Xbox is trying to do something different, but it's just not as tight of a show as it should be.
Every episode always feels like they're just padding it out. I think the shows really need to be pre-recorded and much more tightly designed. Like yesterday's show really shouldn't have been longer than 30 minutes at max and even that is pushing it.

My Advice
  • Shows shouldn't last longer than 20-30 minutes
  • Pre-record the show for maximum time management
  • Keep the current hosts, they're good and have chemistry
  • Keep the Dev Interviews, but have them smaller. Less is more.
  • Start having every show include a mixer bonus. Doesn't even have to be anything major. Just make it a avatar item or something. A way to keep people staying.
Overall I think this will work, especially when they're not doing any sort of show where they're dropping big reveals.

I like these ideas.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it just needs to be shorter and prerecorded. The love setting adds nothing. And cut out the fluff to make them 20 min long. There was a solid 20 minute episode in this one, but it lasted an hour. Also, it can probably be a bi-monthly, or even quarterly thing

DaeJim

Founder LifeisXbox.eu
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I remember that show in Mexico was the worst. It went on forever with that fake ass crowd that was screaming for everything

I have been to the German one, it is not a fake ass crowd. Microsoft just spends a lot of genuine effort in making it an awesome night with activities and lots of free drinks, so the crowd is pretty much excited by everything. 😅

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
i didn't realize they were an hour. i mostly game on xbox...and have never even watched one of these things.

PerfectFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Cut this thing in half, and you have gold. I watched like 10 minutes and then noped out because it just dragged.

Kilgore

Feb 5, 2018
Even if the show obviously have margin to get better, it's only a funny show for people already invested in the brand and interested in their games, people are taking it way too seriously.

Let Microsoft people have fun.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Problem with Inside Xbox is that Microsoft themselves don't have the content/information needed to fill an hour.

They should do this like Nintendo does their.. They arrive, drop the info and leave.

That's it no chit chat no time wasting.. I love dev interviews but if you ask them obvious questions with obvious answers it's just filling time

Kilgore

Feb 5, 2018
Problem with Inside Xbox is that Microsoft themselves don't have the content/information needed to fill an hour.

They should do this like Nintendo does their.. They arrive, drop the info and leave.

That's it no chit chat no time wasting.. I love dev interviews but if you ask them obvious questions with obvious answers it's just filling time

Yep, the only problem with Microsoft is they doesn't have a fighting game wit 196 characters to fill an absolutely fascinating show of five hours introducing every single one of them.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Yep, the only problem with Microsoft is they doesn't have a fighting game wit 196 characters to fill an absolutely fascinating show of five hours introducing every single one of them.

The format is fun and interesting but they need to cut it down to 15 or 20 mins.

The reality is that they don't announce anything over the top and it's just small info drop every month... things that could be done in a blog post with a video.

Kilgore

Feb 5, 2018
The format is fun and interesting but they need to cut it down to 15 or 20 mins.

The reality is that they don't announce anything over the top and it's just small info drop every month... things that could be done in a blog post with a video.
But the show is corny and fun, they premiere trailers and give some interesting info here and there. Is a show for fans of xbox and videogames that can be interested on developers interviews and stuff. Is not like all the info is not gonna be in the internet right after the show anyway. The show can get better, but people are overreacting about the importance of the show. Is not a conference, is not E3 or gamescom, who cares if it have some pacing issues and tacky jokes?

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
I have been to the German one, it is not a fake ass crowd. Microsoft just spends a lot of genuine effort in making it an awesome night with activities and lots of free drinks, so the crowd is pretty much excited by everything. 😅

Free drinks always make things exciting. :D

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
I think they should have cut down on the time after how awfully paced and dull the X conference in new mexico was. Seems pointless.

The only way it could get worse is if they all sat on couches and talked like sony tried.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Completely agree, they're way too long. Can't recall the last time I bothered to watch

Bioshocker

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
It's too much care salesmen talking to other car salesmen for my taste. Tone it down a little! I like the idea of having a show like this but it's too long and too much Home Shopping Network style.

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I liked the last episode.

If they get it down to 60 minutes, they'd be better off.

I would like occasional longer, special edition episodes if they're doing like a deep dive on one of their studios or partners though.

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
IMO, either make it full on pdcast style, or have more significant announcements for each show. They should take a quarterly approach:
- Inside Xbox, February
- E3 Press conference, June
- Inside Xbox Gamescom, August
- Inside Xbox at X0, November
Keep the length at about 45 minutes (except E3, which can go for longer). Each happening after 3 months allow for MS to accumulate more assignments.

CalamityPixel

Oct 27, 2017
Cut down on time, make it less often, don't focus on third party stuff and actually have interesting announcements.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Don't they reserve some of the news for the "This week on Xbox" show, which seems closer to a Nintendo Direct. I could understand if they want to do something different.

Oct 25, 2017
It should be condensed to about 30-45 minutes, and upload the full length interviews to YouTube. It really shouldn't be the length of an E3 conference.

TemplaerDude

Oct 25, 2017
There's nothing worth me sitting through an hour of talking heads blathering out useless company approved word soups just to gleen the occasional useful tidbit of information. I would honestly rather watch a broom collect dust for an hour than endure another one of those boring, stagnant wanks.