• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
The boss fight I saw on one of the treehouse streams gave me the impression that they really upped the boss battles. This is one of my most anticipated releases this year for Switch. Can't wait!

Hokey

Oct 29, 2017
I've been waiting for another Luigi's Mansion for over 17 years (finished the first one literally overnight when I bought it launch day with the GCN), missed out on Dark Moon because I'm not really into portables (they really should've made it a Wii U game then ported it down to 3DS) so the thirst is pretty strong. No idea of a release date, I'm hoping sometime 2019 at least.

TheClaw7667

Oct 25, 2017
Never played LM2, but I'm actually surprised by a few of the posts about it here. I always thought it was well-regarded game?
I don't think it's a bad game but It's one of the few Nintendo sequels that I was incredibly disappointed in. It's my fault for not reading anything about it prior to buying but I expected Luigi's Mansion but bigger and more varied. Instead you fight the same ghosts for most of the game and because of the mission structure you play through the same area's multiple times. And the lack of human ghosts just really brought the game down for me.

Can't wait for 3. The new gameplay mechanics look like a lot of fun.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Love what I'm hearing. Love that Luigi's Mansion has become a full fledged franchise in its own right.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
I turned off LM2 after 10 minutes when I learned it was level based.

Now I can be excited for this game.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
This says a lot because despite that LM2 had issues with the mission structure, pacing and handholding, it was definitely a much better game than the original.

The fact that they're building-up from the first one and implementing all the technical improvements from the second is really promising.

Radline

Oct 28, 2017
This game is definitely sounding like what I wanted Dark Moon to be. Dark Moon was good overall, but the lack of puzzles and the equivalent of portrait ghosts made it not really live up to the original.

Oct 27, 2017
Wow ,i must be one of the few people who was cool with the mission based design of LM2 :/
It really is a great game and defnitely isnt bad like some people say it is to me. I actually enjoy it more than 1 (which also was great). Still im.happy portrait ghosts are back

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
I have extremely high hopes for this game. I think it could be the absolute best in the series and an overall amazing game. Hope I'm right!

A_Jazzy_Book

Oct 27, 2017
Ya'll already showing out, based on the E3 footage, you don't have to excite me anymore lol. This is gonna be great, I can already tell. Still very much dug LM2, btw. More so than 1, I feel.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This game is sounding more and more incredible by the day. Pleasantly surprised.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The boss in the demo would have been fine if it had better tells and maybe just stood there for one second when doing it's vulnerable attack.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
So..... what do you guys want NLG to work on next?
Honestly, give them another shot at a Metroid, this time a single player game. We won't be getting Prime 4 for a bit, but it'd be interesting to explore 3D 3rd person and hopefully in a better way Other M did.

Federation Force was a waste of potential for them. Though I suppose they could also make Hunters 2 to go along with Prime 4

Edit:
Actually, yeah now that I think about it, I think Hunters 2 (multiplayer focus with SP campaign) would be a great way to get more MP on the Switch and more Metroid, and they could use what they learned from Federation Force

But this is getting off topic lol

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
Good to hear - some of the checkpoints in Dark Moon were terrible, and actually made me rage quit and never finish it.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, give them another shot at a Metroid, this time a single player game. We won't be getting Prime 4 for a bit, but it'd be interesting to explore 3D 3rd person and hopefully in a better way Other M did.

Federation Force was a waste of potential for them. Though I suppose they could also make Hunters 2 to go along with Prime 4

Edit:
Actually, yeah now that I think about it, I think Hunters 2 (multiplayer focus with SP campaign) would be a great way to get more MP on the Switch and more Metroid, and they could use what they learned from Federation Force

But this is getting off topic lol
I can't agree with this. We're getting Prime 4 and Metroid 5 is seemingly coming. We never get Mario Strikers or Punch Out. Let some of these other series get games too.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
LM3 have the potential to be NLG magnum opus until now
Really hope they knock out of the park with this one! After all the backlash of Federation Force, they deserve a big win

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
Making all the right changes to rope me back in. Love the first game dearly while the second fell mostly flat aside from the excellent first boss.

Tanabe needs to go have a chat with the Paper Mario team next

I mean... Tanabe already produced Sticker Star and Color Splash. So that's exactly what he did.

Maybe he'll listen to the feedback now tho. I do feel like Nintendo has been making the right moves with a lot of their series.

StarErik

Oct 27, 2017
But can he promise a new score by Kazumi Totaka? Can't care less about the music that Next Level's composers make.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Unlike Dark Moon, LM3 is not mission-based. Players can explore the game world freely once they gain access to a given floor of the hotel.

Thank effing God! Worst part of Dark Moon, it killed the game's pace and made me hate the game.

Also I'm hoping for lots of hard to find collectibles (no hints! I want them hidden better) and extra challenges to play the game longer. Story probably will be similar length with previous games but some good post game content (collectibles are good enough for me) would make the game worth its price.

DashReindeer

Perfect World
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
That's what I liked about the first game. Unique ghosts and bosses. The one boss we saw during the Treehouse was pretty lame in my opinion, though. Hopefully it's only up from there.
I don't believe they showed a boss in the Treehouse segment. If you're talking about the Kaiju thing, pretty sure that was a miniboss. The boss in the E3 demo was awesome.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well I'll take your word for it, I've never played the series. However I do think it'd be cool if they were put on an IP other than Mario. Maybe a splatoon spinoff or something

There's an...edge in Strikers that isn't in other Mario Sports games. Just look at the intro compared to everything else Mario

It's why I keep making a joke about crossing over with Touhou Soccer. Both only involve soccer in the loosest ways and both involve moves that seem more about causing harm to the ball (and others) than it actually is about playing soccer/football

It's where this gif orginated

giphy.gif

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He can, but that doesn't mean he should. Though if it means he won't be able to pester Retro with Sylux and the Federation all the time I'm fine with it I guess lol.
He probably shouldn't, but I assume he's multitasked as producer. He was producer for Paper Mario and Federation Force. Those had development time lapping.

You'll learn to love Sylux. 😎

Deleted member 24540

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Not impressed with the gameplay as the moment-to-moment seems identical to LM2, but without the bite-sized mission structure. Instead we get floors to explore, implying a linear level based structure. The simplicity of the level design and puzzles reminds me of the Lego game I bought on Wii U, which is absolutely crushing to see.

Cool to see Nate though!

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina

Not impressed with the gameplay as the moment-to-moment seems identical to LM2, but without the bite-sized mission structure. Instead we get floors to explore, implying a linear level based structure. The simplicity of the level design and puzzles reminds me of the Lego game I bought on Wii U, which is absolutely crushing to see.

Cool to see Nate though!

Lmao the way the ghost slaps Luigi.

nenned

Oct 27, 2017
I think NLG would do Kid Icarus great justice. They excel at animation and the last game created a whole host of characters that they can make come to life.