• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If they close down the employees will stop getting paid, so I can understand why they would want to stay open.

I imagine if they are ordered to shut down by law enforcement or official agencies, they probably will.

Employees should just fucking walk out. Why would you put yourself or others in serious fucking danger?
Why would you quit when the job market is just completely fucked?

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Lol. The way Era is asking for game discounts during this pandemic you'd think games were an essential resources like food and water.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
If they close down the employees will stop getting paid, so I can understand why they would want to stay open.

I imagine if they are ordered to shut down by law enforcement or official agencies, they probably will.

Because they;'re being asked to literally argue with police and refuse to close during a pandemic.

They're likely going to be forced to close very soon anyway. May as well make a stand against a morally corrupt company.

From what I'm seeing on GameStop community sites, employees are already considering walking out because of this.

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's fucked for everyone no matter what. I'm out of a job until at least September. But I wouldn't choose my life or others over fucking GameStop. If you're seriously saying people should stay over a damn minimum wage paycheck, your priorities are an issue buddy.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, GameStop is essentially telling their employees to argue with police if they show up. Was about to make a thread on this.

utISBkU.jpg

D9ZrXXG.jpg

Hobbes Feel free to add these images to the OP. The top one is from a friend of mine, bottom is from Reddit.
This is real?
Fucking insane.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
This company is an absolute fucking joke at this point.
It's not funny. It's sad and pointless.
These cats are nowhere NEAR essential and NO, their small selection of electronics does not fucking qualify them.

I hope Kotaku sends this to authorities so either states or federal government can tell their asses it's time to close. Now

Incredible.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
LOL this is deranged, just admit it's because kids (customers) are stuck at home and you dont value your employees

bricewgilbert

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
WA, USA
I mean the DNC went through with Democratic primaries on Tuesday so nothing fucking matters. If those ghouls don't give a shit can you imagine a corporation?

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't Reggie on Gamestop's Board now? Call them out, Reggie.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao they are actually making the claim that their products are needed for people to work from home? What disingenuous scum fucks.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

What are you doing? You already tried to make this issue about Reggie in the last thread because you thought he was already working there.

You were called out for not being informed on the situation.

Now you're trying to do it again by posting this tweet and ignoring the context.

Stop with the agenda. Reggie does not work at the company for another month. You were told this in the last thread.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck gamestop and I'll be glad when they're out of business. (A shame for the workers.... but their employers are legit fucking assholes)

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC
What a shitty corporation. I hope GameStop goes under sooner than later and I pray that the workers in the stores don't get sick.

Deleted member 925

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just a reminder, that GameStop flat out lied about their sanitary conditions in the stores during a press release earlier this week. Employees have been complaining of not having sanitary wipes or cleaning supplies. Even if they managed to stay open during all of us under some sort of weird definition of an essential retail, they're not giving the employees anything to keep themselves healthy or others that come through the stores.

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like any employee which gets sick because of this has a pretty easy lawsuit on their hands.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Too bad for them that "essential" has been defined in many states and I'm sure they'll have legal action taken against them.

MBABuddha

Banned
Dec 10, 2019
I can't think of a least essential store in terms of society at large right now, the products they claim to sell (video games), and what they actually sell (Funko Pops, other useless trash).

RedShift_

Jul 24, 2018
Yes, GameStop is essentially telling their employees to argue with police if they show up. Was about to make a thread on this.

utISBkU.jpg

D9ZrXXG.jpg

Hobbes Feel free to add these images to the OP. The top one is from a friend of mine, bottom is from Reddit.
What. The. Fuck.

Even if they manage to stay open (which I doubt, we're talking about PUBLIC HEALTH) what kind of sales do they expect to make right now?
Are they really sacrificing their workers'/customers' well-being for... arguably a couple of bucks?

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
If I'm going to be buying physical video games for the next few months, it's absolutely going to be at a local game store, not GameStop. Fuck 'em.

Deleted member 11976

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Disgusting and bottom-of-the-barrel desperation. I hope workers there get covered by the package the government is planning because GS is absolutely not an essential service. They're putting the health of the nation at risk because they, at the company's top level, are clearly so screwed financially.