• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I never said he was a 'money maker', I said he only cares about money. Don't change the context of my words to fit your argument. I wouldn't forgive him because that would require actual remorse and taking responsibility. Which he fails to illustrate over and over again.

Also for someone who says they're not a fan, you're certainly defending him pretty hard.

Maybe I need to explain better. Not my intention to twist your words.

My post essentially said "I believe his explanation about a lapse of judgment"

Your post is kind of confusing to me, because you said you could understand had he made a sincere apology. (again if you feel I am twisting your words, correct me, that's not my intention) I don't get what you mean by this, what are you not understanding? Do you accept his explanation, or think he is lying?

As for defending him, I probably make more fun of him daily than you do lol.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I need to explain better. Not my intention to twist your words.

My post essentially said "I believe his explanation about a lapse of judgment"

Your post is kind of confusing to me, because you said you could understand had he made a sincere apology. (again if you feel I am twisting your words, correct me, that's not my intention) I don't get what you mean by this, what are you not understanding? Do you accept his explanation, or think he is lying?

As for defending him, I probably make more fun of him daily than you do lol.

Fair enough, sorry this dude gets my back up.

As for the rest of your post, I don't believe him. I think he's disingenuous, and sure that's part of his character, so that's also an issue. This is a dude that thinks it's okay for Pewdiepie to say the n word. This is a dude that cheats on his wife and makes it public. He's just not a person I would give the benefit of the doubt. I don't particularly spend much time trying to understand him though. Would rather watch streamers that aren't asshats frankly.

Unmei

Oct 27, 2017
The persona itself is super lame. I don't understand what it is that people like about it. Maybe younger folks that can buy the cockiness? Like a heel in wrasslin.
I feel the same way he seems like that middle age guy in the 90s that wears a neon fannypack and lacks intelligence.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fair enough, sorry this dude gets my back up.

As for the rest of your post, I don't believe him. I think he's disingenuous, and sure that's part of his character, so that's also an issue. This is a dude that thinks it's okay for Pewdiepie to say the n word. This is a dude that cheats on his wife and makes it public. He's just not a person I would give the benefit of the doubt. I don't particularly spend much time trying to understand him though. Would rather watch streamers that aren't asshats frankly.

I gotcha. I think he's a shitty person that actually did make a mistake, because he likely wouldn't have wanted to get banned mid E3 stream.

Oct 25, 2017
In all seriousness, I applaud the guy for lifting the lid like this.

Still cannot stand the bloke.

The constant threads about Sterling? Don't like them, but I appreciate the need for them because I can't stand the Brand, and I can post in those video threads why he is often incorrect (but not always). Nothing about the guy personally. It's been impossible not to follow his career trajectory, he's a journeyman.

More recently, the Greg Miller E3 'controversy' - his contributions are able to be recognised while simultaneously being allowed to switch him off.

TV personalities and audiences have had to deal with this for decades.

If it reads like younger video game fans are apparently coming to understand Television for the first time, well it's because they are.

Shokunin

Oct 25, 2017
The city beautiful
This is stupid for him to even utter an apology about that incident.

There are NO PENALTIES to conducting yourself like that. And if anyone calls his time off a penalty, the amount of donations he'll get on his first couple of days back will offset that and will probably be a net positive.

Just say the N word, take the ban, and come back a couple of days later to a king's ransom. These are the rules created by Twitch and these popular streamers are morons for not abusing it.

Shit is beyond infuriating. These quotes from The Verge article reiterate how I feel.

"Twitch is saying there's no real consequences," Whitta said.

While both Whitta and Orlando are disappointed by Twitch's decision to let Beahm return to Twitch just 14 days after he was banned, they aren't surprised. Orlando assumed Beahm would be back far sooner. She argued that it's "something so easy for them to sweep under the rug," and wondered if his punishment would have changed if he faced legal issues from the incident.

But that didn't happen. Instead, Beahm's channel came back online in the early hours of Wednesday morning, and people clamored to welcome him back. His follower count jumped by more than 220,000 people, according to analytics site Social Blade. Donations started pouring in. People started subscribing. Beahm doesn't plan to return to Twitch until July 8th, but even just having his channel back is enough to rally up the Twitch community and his fans.

The same thing happened last time Beahm took a break from Twitch after dealing with a major controversy, when he took time away to focus on his marriage after a public affair. His return broke records and cemented his status as a true Twitch icon. It's established a financial incentive for Beahm to be controversial. The issue is that "this is something afforded only to popular male streamers," according to Orlando.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Nothing is more disrespectful than breaking the law and getting rewarded for it. Nice job twitch, maybe they'll broadcast a murder and apologize the same way: "you know, we like taking our brand as far as we can, we just didn't stop to think killing someone might be against the law". Amazon and twitch are utter jokes

bear force one

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando
Streaming remains garbage. Until Twitch actually bans some of these "personalities" that will stay true.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
He should be very happy that he doesn't live in a country where scheming to film in toilets and proceeding nets you 5 years of jail.
Be happy and keep quiet.

The sad thing is that i didn't know about that kid, now i know , and i am eager now to forget about it.

Twitch needs more Karak and less that.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
CTRL+F: "sorry"

No results found

Terra

May 15, 2019
This guy is human garbage but twitch like most websites is an Un-watched pipe constantly spewing bile. I know telling a big company to do the right thing is just yelling into the void, but fuck. I mean shit even if they ban him it's not like most of the fucks who make up his fanbase would leave.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
"One of the reasons we have justice in this country is a deterrent to others," Whitta said. "You have to make an example and say, 'This guy fucked up. It doesn't matter that he's a big guy, it doesn't matter that he makes us a lot of money. If you fuck around on our platform, and do really egregious shit like live stream children in bathrooms, we are going to fucking destroy you."'

Does Gary Whitta know whos the current President of America?
If your a 'big guy' with 'a lot of money' you can literally get away with anything in America today.

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
You have implied it and didn't answer the questions. Answer the questions first, please.

No I didn't. I was responding to a comment saying he was the same person as his character. By all accounts Guy outside of character is very different. That doesn't excuse anything he does while in character.

Don't put words in someone else's mouth for the sake of finding someone to direct anger at. Not healthy.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Twitch's little narcissistic cash cow gets preferential treatment. Shocker. All this does is tell everyone else on Twitch who makes money they get a slap on the wrist for shitty behaviour.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017

Imagine if Twitch cared that their recently unbanned star was threatening Kotaku writers and sending his fans to harass them.

Oct 25, 2017
Why is he attacking Kotaku people now?

Sometimes, Twitter itself must be held accountable. It never was during the most awful example of this type of behaviour, we need not be reminded (or maybe we need to be?).

But no, Twitch is also culpable here.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
Why is he attacking Kotaku people now?

Sometimes, Twitter itself must be held accountable. It never was during the most awful example of this type of behaviour, we need not be reminded (or maybe we need to be?).

But no, Twitch is also culpable here.

Grayson is the one that posts about him. So here's why. Why he went after Schreier, I have no idea. Reach, I guess?

Twitch always had a weird mentality when it came to suspending/banning people. It's not just about if a streamer is big too, there are some streamers that are clearly favorites and do reprehensible things a lot of times and never really get punished aside from a slap on the wrist here and there. You can go from some streamers being banned for months for minor mistakes to Doc being suspended for days for bringing his stream in a toilet room.

And Twitch pretty much never comments on any of their decision so it's pretty hard to understand where they're coming from or to find a clear pattern.

Oct 25, 2017
Grayson is the one that posts about him. So here's why. Why he went after Schreier, I have no idea. Reach, I guess?

Twitch always had a weird mentality when it came to suspending/banning people. It's not just about if a streamer is big too, there are some streamers that are clearly favorites and do reprehensible things a lot of times and never really get punished aside from a slap on the wrist here and there. You can go from some streamers being banned for months for minor mistakes to Doc being suspended for days for bringing his stream in a toilet room.

And Twitch pretty much never comments on any of their decision so it's pretty hard to understand where they're coming from or to find a clear pattern.

Thanks. Twiiter being a factor here often makes 'what's happened' into 'what's happening' because that's what they trade in. It's like their motto or something now I think when you write one.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Yeah, I'm retweeting that and tagging Twitch and TwitchSupport in it. He's literally using his platform as a streamer to harass journalists.

Oct 25, 2017
Man, just another fragile social media persona who takes shit too far and then cries like a baby when called out for it. I wonder if society will ever stop rewarding disgusting behavior from popular people.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
I am increasingly not a fan of him after his call-outs today and seeing the videos of his "impersonations".