• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Breqesk

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
sure, take away the last thing that gives the Watch Dogs games some kind of identity...

that is the problem with the franchise, first gritty Chicago setting with guns and fucked up characters, after that sunny San Francisco with funny characters and now rainy London with who knows what for characters...

it was awful, the brown industrial setting was really boring
eh, as someone who never finished wd1 - hated Pierce, hated pretty much everything about the story - i think Watch Dogs 2 actually had a fairly strong sense of identity--one that I hope they plan to maintain, and expand on, in Watch Dogs 3. it's kinda Hackers, but more contemporary, and that's exactly what i want.

if they go back to a more wd1 sorta approach, i'll probably lose interest, honestly. my affection for the franchise starts with 2.

also i liked syndicate's victorian london. i dunno, it didn't feel drab to me--grey and smoky, for sure, but alive.

the - fantastic - soundtrack really helped.

I hope melee is more like Sleeping Dogs and Assassins Creed (3) than it is previous Watch Dogs games, though. I was always disappointed in the one-hit takedowns for everything.
yeah for sure, i really enjoyed the fighting in sleeping dogs. and the parkour, tho that's one area i'd expect ubisoft to be able to improve on.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
London is a solid choice due to cctv everywhere. I guess makes it easier for the hacking/ surveillance mechanics in the game.

I would have loved something we haven't had yet in a major open world game like Moscow or Prague

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Loved WD2, looking forward to this.

I also liked the Getaway games, London is a good location for open world, Getaway allowed you to walk into so many buildings too.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With the amount of CCTVs dotted on all our streets, I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner.

I welcome the change though, Piccadilly Circus should be good fun.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Female protagonist and make gameplay more like the first game. Bring back focus mode.

traillaitor

Jun 10, 2018
Been waiting for a modern day UK-based open world for a while. As some in this thread have said, AC Syndicate was the closest to scratching that itch in a long time.
Will be really cool as I do like the way Watch Dogs does their open worlds... despite not liking the first game at all.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
I've said it before, but modern take on London does sound interesting. Gonna be disappointed, if I can't hack the Big Ben or the Tower Bridge, though.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have any issue with London but I can't get really excited for a new Watch Dogs game after the second game.

Probably I am one of the few that I enjoyed the first game and didn't like at all the second.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
If it riffs off of the current London youth culture, which it likely will, a lot of people especially in US are going to be lost with all of the slang and colloquialisms we use. RIP.

I'm hyped to see more of it though.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
London is an excellent choice, but I'm definitely a bit worried about the game itself. I liked both WD1 and 2, but I definitely hope the gameplay is more like WD1.
WD2's gunplay was way worse, Marcus was way too fragile, the bigger focus on stealth was good on paper but, the fact that you couldn't even movie bodies felt like a huge design flaw. The non lethal toolset was too sparse too, and in my opinion just way too tedious. Almost all of that would've been forgiven if they kept the slowmo mechanic, but they didn't so.... lame.

WD1's gunplay, slowmo and Aiden's brutal finishers combined with WD2's gadgets and non lethal options would be the GOAT.

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Happy to get something that isn't the US. I think London has the potential to be quite fun and interesting to look at with the mix of old and modern buildings, the Thames and smaller streets that might only be drivable with the smaller street cars.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I thought it said Goku confirms London setting for watch dogs 3.

I need a vacation.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'm definitely down for this. Hopefully having a big emphasis on none lethal weaponry and tactics too.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's the perfect setting,

Heavy surveillance - check
Authoritarian government - check
Historically rich - check
Culturally diverse - check

Seriously, why aren't more games set in London?

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watch Dags 3

Mickey-ONeil-Snatch-Brad-Pitt.jpg

I'd buy that shit in an instant.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Hope we won't have difficulties with driving, because of the narrow streets.
scooters, bicycles, skateboards free-runnig, you aint gotta drive everywhere

the only way this game smashes it is if they implement the Underground systems and stations, tall order, I know but damn, it would be day 1 for me.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Wish this was being developed for next gen systems only, some of these new games would look insane.

Nonetheless I can't wait, the Watch dogs series is amazing and I'm glad we're getting a third game.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
For fucks sake Ubisoft you're making me hate all your games

I love mindless open world games but you've killed Assassin's Creed, Far Cry and now Watch Dogs for me

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
London is an excellent choice, but I'm definitely a bit worried about the game itself. I liked both WD1 and 2, but I definitely hope the gameplay is more like WD1.
WD2's gunplay was way worse, Marcus was way too fragile, the bigger focus on stealth was good on paper but, the fact that you couldn't even movie bodies felt like a huge design flaw. The non lethal toolset was too sparse too, and in my opinion just way too tedious. Almost all of that would've been forgiven if they kept the slowmo mechanic, but they didn't so.... lame.

WD1's gunplay, slowmo and Aiden's brutal finishers combined with WD2's gadgets and non lethal options would be the GOAT.

I didn't mind the gunplay, but I hated the temporary nature of all of the non-lethal takedown options. I thought it'd be fun challenge to do a no-kill playthrough, but when I started getting spotted/triggering alarms because the first guards I'd knocked out regained consciousness before I was done working my way through an area, I decided to become a take-no-prisoners murderous bastard.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Nice! Finally a city that I can recognise :)
Tired of games set in America

Also since sleeping dogs is dead, I hope next setting is China/Hong Kong indeed.

MJnR

Mar 13, 2019
London is one step forward as I was bored to dead in Chicago and San Francisco didn't do much for me, but more importantly they need to drop the 'how do you do, fellow kids' bullshit and learn that streets aren't made out of soap so the driving turns out to be at least somewhat competent.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
but will it be london in the current year? i always wish watch dogs would be set in the future, it would make all the hacking with your phone thing more believeable and i would also like to see watch dogs as a sort of competitor to cyberpunk 2077

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
In for London if it improves on watch dogs 2 (which was a good improvident to 1).

Basarili

Oct 27, 2017
Haarlem
London and many European cities are cyclist-friendly.

In fact, if you're running from the police in the UK, you're better off on foot than by car

I know I live in The Netherlands and have been to London. That was also my point about driving a car. Our streets are small. It's better to run like you say then go with a car into a dead ending street.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
WD1 was too gritty. WD2 was too edgy. Im hoping they find a good mix of both. Also would appreciate a female lead protagonist.