• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I've been really looking forward to this movie since I heard about it and I'm super excited that Netflix picked it up for international release on September 8.

The premise is that a gamer (Yoo Ah-in) barricades himself inside his apartment during a zombie outbreak. He thinks he's the only survivor, but later, he finds out that there's a woman (Park Shin-hye) who also survived in the same complex. The movie came out in theaters in Korea in June (where it did well, all things considered), before soon going to Korean digital streaming services, and now being picked up for international release.

The trailer looks really good and my wife & I are big fans of Park Shin-hye from her TV shows like You're Beautiful (where she plays a nun who has to pretend to be her twin brother in a pop band) and Doctors (where she's a punk kid with martial arts prowess who becomes a doctor).

Anyone else excited for this one?

Guts Of Thor

Oct 25, 2017
Looks pretty good. I hadn't heard of this movie so thanks for posting! Will definitely check it out.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any good? For some reason my daughter finds korean actors more endearing in these kind of movies, I kinda get it tho.

OP
OP
werezompire

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Any good? For some reason my daughter finds korean actors more endearing in these kind of movies, I kinda get it tho.

Hard to find English reviews since it's only been released in Korea so far, but what little I've seen seems to indicate that it's not a future classic, but it's a fun time if you like the premise or the actors.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Was kind of disappointed by this. There were some exciting suspense/chase beats and clever use of modern tech, but I felt like the French movie The Night Eats The World did the "lone survivor trapped in an apartment building with zombies" premise much better

It does seem like more of a Train To Busan sidestory than Peninsula does

Oct 27, 2017
I saw it. Was kinda boring and the main actor was horrible. Not his acting but the character is one of the most annoying you'll find.

the zombie stuff happens and most of the movie is him alone on his apartment being boring then when he starts to run out of food he magically finds Park shin hye as another survivor. Then nothing really happens and they narrowly escape a guy feeding people to his zombie wife and then they are saved

Cirrus

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, I've been on a Korean Zombie kick recently, watched Train to Busan and then Kingdom, both were great.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously thought the UFC athlete playing as actor instead the thread being literal.. really stupid of me.

ahdurian

Oct 25, 2017
I saw it. Was kinda boring and the main actor was horrible. Not his acting but the character is one of the most annoying you'll find.

the zombie stuff happens and most of the movie is him alone on his apartment being boring then when he starts to run out of food he magically finds Park shin hye as another survivor. Then nothing really happens and they narrowly escape a guy feeding people to his zombie wife and then they are saved
i'm with this 100%

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
Nice, I've been on a Korean Zombie kick recently, watched Train to Busan and then Kingdom, both were great.

Kingdom is the coolest zombie setting series I ever saw. It's beautilful, suspenseful and i was hook after the first episode.

I will watch #Alive tonight, always up for Korean Zombie movie !

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
Train to Busan this is not, but it was fine for a Netflix flick running in the background

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
The Night Eats the World has the same premise and did it much better IMO.

Infcabbage

Oct 28, 2017
Portland, Oregon
I actually enjoyed it quite a lot, up until
they meet up with the crazy guy who tries to feed the main characters to his zombie wife. Up til then it was refreshing to have a zombie movies doing something other than the "people are the real monsters" trope.

OP
OP
werezompire

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I really liked it, though I agree that the thing near the end was ridiculous and the movie would have been better without it. Both of the leads were great.

Was talking to my wife about the ending and
we totally believe that South Korea would try to rescue survivors in this situation, whereas the US would probably just bomb the place.

OP
OP
werezompire

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
The movie's setting also reminded me a lot of School-Live which is a manga/anime that starts out as a "high school girls doing cute things" series, but then you find out that the characters are all holed up in a high school trying to survive a zombie apocalypse.

Chibrou

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Acting and direction was fine if even good at times but yeah, third act was really weak.
Not bad but not great either.

Deleted member 7572

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watched last night. Was alright.
Night Eats the World is a much better execution of the premise though.

Vash

Oct 28, 2017
Watched it, enjoyed it, fun popcorn flick. I never expected it to be a very deep movie.

What I do wonder though is if anyone knows the first song in the end credits. I really liked it, and I can't find it. Tried Shazam, and other apps, tried to search on the internet, but getting zilch so far. So if anyone knows, please share. Thanks!

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
The Prequel was stupid. Imagine going through a zombie apocalypse to get the $100 someone owes you. That's how dumb it is.

I don't agree with this, I actually liked Seoul Station more than Train to Busan.

Kingdom is the coolest zombie setting series I ever saw. It's beautilful, suspenseful and i was hook after the first episode.

I will watch #Alive tonight, always up for Korean Zombie movie !

I do agree with this though. I don't know if I'd say Kingdom is my favorite zombie setting, but both seasons have been fantastic.

Last edited: