• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
space-sweepers.jpeg

Trailer:

Chasing after space debris and faraway dreams in year 2092, four misfits unearth explosive secrets during the attempted trade of a wide-eyed humanoid.

I had never heard of this movie until now (thanks YouTube algorithm) and it looks really cool. The SFX looks great from the rather crazy looking space battles to the robot crewman and I'm digging the world shown off in the trailer. I'm always looking for these kinds of average Joe space operas and this looks right up my alley. Will be arriving on Netflix next month.

jml

Mar 9, 2018
I've been interested in this for a while because it has Kim Taeri in it and I've decided to watch everything that she's a part of

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Netflix has been doubling down on Korean productions lately.

Oct 25, 2017
I've been anticipating this since I saw the original trailer who knows how long ago. Looks insane in the best way possible.

Oct 28, 2017
As a giant Cowboy Bebop fan I see the comparisons. The trailer got me interested enough to give it a shot. But like Bebop or even Firefly it's hard to convey what the show is in a one minute trailer.

Hopefully it offers something new/different. Not fully vibing with the robots or the emphasis on money but again it's just a 1 minute sizzle reel.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sooooo in.

Even if it's just high octane B-movie stuff, the premise looks like it'll carry my interest through the whole thing.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Everything about this looks like a fun, charming time. Count me in.

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That trailer sure showed a whole lot. Idk why I didn't expect that, otherwise, 100% in that looks super fun.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Looks real interesting. Thing they're standing on in that poster looks like a redesigned Galactus

The Waistcoat

Nov 8, 2017
Definitely got the Bebop vibe from the trailer so I'll give it a go for sure. I do think it's a little crazy more animes haven't tried to copy/emulate the feel/vibe of Bebop (also a little sad).

Heatster101

Oct 27, 2017
Really like the look of this.
Some really good Korean stuff out on Netflix like Kingdom and Sweet Home

Oct 29, 2017
Man, it's such a rare thing to be impressed by CG visuals when we're inundated with them...but this looks AMAZING.

Can't wait to check this out.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
Sci-fi, the least explored genre by Korean filmmakers ever. I'll give this a go just because of that.

I think the last Korean Sci-fi movie I've seen was Natural City back in the mid 2000s or something like that. Although I liked "Resurrection of the little match girl" more just because of how absurd it was lol.

OP
OP
HStallion

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The last I heard they shut down production sometime in late 2019 because the main guy injured himself. I don't remember anything coming after that in the news so I'm honestly not sure what's going on.

I imagine getting production up and running again during the pandemic just extended the initial break in filming because of the injury. I'm not expecting that show until 2022.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Sci-fi, the least explored genre by Korean filmmakers ever. I'll give this a go just because of that.

I think the last Korean Sci-fi movie I've seen was Natural City back in the mid 2000s or something like that. Although I liked "Resurrection of the little match girl" more just because of how absurd it was lol.
I highly recommend the other recent Korean sci-fi...ish movie The Call. Don't watch the trailer, don't read anything if you can help it, just watch it on Netflix.

OP
OP
HStallion

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I highly recommend the other recent Korean sci-fi...ish movie The Call. Don't watch the trailer, don't read anything if you can help it, just watch it on Netflix.

Huh I've scrolled past that film several times and not stopped to conside it for some reason, perhaps the generic title. Might check it out later tonight.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Thank you for this, although I probably would have seen/stumbled upon it anyway.

I'm binge watching Stargate SG-1 and should be done sometime near or after this hits. Should give me something good to watch.

Edit** Oh man, I thought this was a series. Hate it's just one movie 😥

Deleted member 4274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watching this now and so far I like it. The director has done a really good of highlighting different ethnicities, languages and cultures with the core cast. Awesome to see.