• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
We need more explosions.

cwRtx6S.gif

FinFunnels

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I've been spoiled by the instant gratification of simulcasts. I hope we won't have to wait years for this movie to get released on Blu-ray and then licensed and distributed in the West.

Vlaphor

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Topeka, KS
Hell yes, I'll take any and all Konosuba that I can get.

Also, the official RPG has been fan translated and is worth checking out.

Mr Paptimus

Oct 26, 2017
Hooray! This is great news. Lets all party till we puke.

tenor.gif

Konisuba was the first new anime I'd watched in a while that I actually liked. Definitely can't wait to see the movie.

Last edited:

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Eris slander should be punishable by death.

It's genuinely one of the funniest anime in recent times with a great cast of goofy ass characters. I usually don't care that much for comedy anime but most of the jokes here visual gags and voice performances (the "Kazuma" always gets me) so you don't miss the joke by not having a dub.
I'll check it out, thanks!

PandaShake

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
wow. With usually higher production values for movie, I hope it maintains that perfect wonkyness.

Mr Paptimus

Oct 26, 2017
Convince me on why I should watch Konosuba.

It's less the fantasy adventure it appears, and more of a sitcom, where the episodes mostly focus on the characters and how they interact rather than action or some overarching plot. Think Seinfeld, or maybe It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, but set in World of Warcraft, game mechanics and all.

Chamaeleonx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been spoiled by the instant gratification of simulcasts. I hope we won't have to wait years for this movie to get released on Blu-ray and then licensed and distributed in the West.
Maybe there is a subbed showing earlier than the bluray release. =/

It's one of the funniest comedy anime of the current era and is a pitch perfect pisstake on all the lame isekai shows.
It does, but it also is a good Isekai show. So it does both sides pretty good. xD

Well the blonde one is straight-up groping herself so fun times are sure on the horizon.
I know you are not serious, but her hand is just in front of her body. ;P

Obviously I am going to 2nd Season 3. Hopefully they will make one day, I will wait and celebrate it. :>

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
Nice. I remember finding this show one night while working my way through the many bad shows on crunchyroll and was instantly hooked, it's really funny.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never did watch this, I'm just aware of all the "Aqua is useless" memes.

Guess I can at least give the first season a look.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
A good series ruined by it's fans. It's the anime equivalent to Rick and Morty.

I'll watch it when/if Crunchyroll gets it.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
I could quote the people in this thread, but they alone are only about 1% of how bad it can get trying to talk to anyone about this series. I once got dog piled because I dared to call the show a harem (it is). I was told things like "You don't get it, it's actually a deconstruction of anime tropes!" which is only true if it didn't also heavily revel in those tropes.

Again, it's a good show, it knows what it is and it does it way better than any equivalent anime, but the fans are convinced this show is some sort of anime messiah and they can get militant if you don't praise it as such. Which is where it feels exactly like anime Rick and Morty. You're allowed to enjoy it but the fans are all crazy obsessed and will turn on you quick. God forbid you pick the wrong waifu from it (Megumin).

(edit) To be clear when I say 'the fans' I don't mean everyone for obvious reasons... The fact is both Konosuba and Rick and Morty have very large, very vocal, and at times truly awful fans. The sane/cool fans are lost in a sea of waifu wars, condescending attitudes, and extreme vulgarity.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I could quote the people in this thread, but they alone are only about 1% of how bad it can get trying to talk to anyone about this series. I once got dog piled because I dared to call the show a harem (it is). I was told things like "You don't get it, it's actually a deconstruction of anime tropes!" which is only true if it didn't also heavily revel in those tropes.

Again, it's a good show, it knows what it is and it does it way better than any equivalent anime, but the fans are convinced this show is some sort of anime messiah and they can get militant if you don't praise it as such. Which is where it feels exactly like anime Rick and Morty. You're allowed to enjoy it but the fans are all crazy obsessed and will turn on you quick. God forbid you pick the wrong waifu from it (Megumin).

Oh okay, I thought there was like some real life harassment or something. That sucks tho