• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Apr 27, 2018
What could Konami's mysterious special announcement be tomorrow? I'm really hoping for a MGS 3 Reamke or a Silent Hill remake on the FOX Engine. How could Konami redeem themselves after Metal Gear SurVive?
Konami may be getting ready to return to games in a big way.

Gematsu has updated its schedule of E3 Twitch events. Two surprising new entries have caught our eye.
First of all, Konami is back. After its own attempt at keeping the Metal Gear brand alive with Survive, the publisher has largely retreated into the shadows. The firm has been quietly pushing Pro Evolution Soccer and mobile titles since. But Konami has reserved an end-of-day slot in tomorrow's lineup for a "Special Announcement", suggesting something big is coming this way.
/QUOTE]

Konami's Special Announcement takes place at 5:30pm PDT / 8:30pm EST June 11 / 1:00am BST, June 12.

https://www.vg247.com/2019/06/10/konami-planning-special-announcement-e3-tomorrow/

Twitch Stream for the event:

https://www.twitch.tv/twitch

Last edited:

Deleted member 22405

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I just want the MGS legacy collection on Steam. I wonder what the possibility of MGS4 on PC being. I wanna say there's some collaboration between Konami and Sony on it.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
BucZF.gif

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
Yeah, this at the very least. I can't imagine it blowing my socks off. I mean I did really like Neo Contra which is basically that but not nearly as much as Hard Corps Uprising.
I dunno if we'll be seeing any more mention of the classic collections stuff here, maybe a collection for Metal Gear?
I'm 50/50 on a new Castlevania-thing being teased here too. Just with the success of the Netflix show and Belmonts in Smash, seems like it'd be a good time to show something now if they've been working on it.

Concelhaut

Banned
Jun 10, 2019
Hoping for that MGS remake. The game hasn't aged well like most PS1 games. And no Twin Snakes doesn't count.

RedshirtRig

Nov 14, 2017
(Konami stage event)
Konami- Fuck Konami? No, no, no, my friend, fuck you.
(Konami heads open crate filled with killer bees on audience)