• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
They already announced PES and Contra.

I feel like this is something Metal Gear or Silent Hill related... Preferably Silent Hill.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Racial Joke mocking ethnic accents. Accumulated inflammatory infractions
*CEO of Konami appears*

Konami CEO:"Thanks for coming, please watch this video"

*A trailer reel appears with a new Metal Gear Solid 2 REmake, a new Castlevania 2D with HD sprites, new Suikoden game, etc... *

Konami CEO:"Did you rike it? Haha... They don't exist... They will never be released. 'Fuck you Konami'? No, you get all fucked hahahahaha"

*Leaves the stages while raising the middle finger to the camera*

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Yea I guess you're right. That IP might be dead :/

Yeah, that's why prior to the Contra reveal in the Direct, I thought it was either gonna be that or Castlevania, based on the last year or so of rumors. Vergeben leaked that the Contra game looked kinda poopy and had some isometric stuff to it. He also claimed a new Castlevania game was in development, though this was months ago.

Metal Gear, Suikoden, and Silent Hill need specific teams with very precise visions or the games really suffer. Contra, Bomberman, and Castlevania can be replicated even by indies, making them much easier to actually capture if you're using new people. The brand they've been repping the hardest that has not had a new game for it despite all of their repping is exclusively Castlevania right now.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
Don't get your hopes too high, is probably more info on the Contra Collection. I highly doubt they are gonna use a round developer discussion to actually make a big announcement, they can do those on their own or on a big platform like Nintendo Direct, not Twitch "casual" viewers.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
*CEO of Konami appears*

Konami CEO:"Thanks for coming, please watch this video"

*A trailer reel appears with a new Metal Gear Solid 2 REmake, a new Castlevania 2D with HD sprites, new Suikoden game, etc... *

Konami CEO:"Did you rike it? Haha... They don't exist... They will never be released. 'Fuck you Konami'? No, you get all fucked hahahahaha"

*Leaves the stages while raising the middle finger to the camera*
While sheets displaying their last few fiscal year profits rain down on the audience.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
While Contra did look look like poop, I would have more hope for a potential Castlevania. The mystery producer seemed to have a good handle on what's important for the series.

Armoredgoomba

Jun 17, 2018
With Konami in the mix I know better than to be excited.

If it's anything it'll be a 2D Castlevania using the new art style from Contra.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know if this is going to be a stream.

This is the only stream I wathced of Konami and was surprised to put it lightly.

Most likely it'll be PES

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
Assuming Vergeben's leaks have weight - his claims about Contra were the only ones I saw, he called the isometric and ugly look to the game - he did say a Castlevania game was being made about 8 months ago.

If they still wish to "counter" Bloodstained, they have a week to open the door. The time's now or never, and we're stuck with gacha mobile games.
Yeah just gonna say I believe verges leaks on cv even more due to rogue corps, then the tidbit about bloodstained is really interesting. Makes me think they're a possibility of it being a metroidvania where I was thinking purely classicvania before.
Since the new contra is neo contra based, maybe it really will be metroidvania?

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
With Konami in the mix I know better than to be excited.

If it's anything it'll be a 2D Castlevania using the new art style from Contra.
I'd be surprised if that happened to Castlevania. The interviews that came with the collection made it pretty clear that whoever the producer is has some strong feelings on how important the visuals(specifically Ayami Kojima's) are for the series.

Honestly I wonder if this Contra game is some revived half finished project that they are getting out there because of the collection. It looks like some kind of Frankenstein.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised people are clamoring for Silent Hill... would you really trust Konami with that at this point, even if they outsourced it? I don't... I think they should just leave it be.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be surprised if that happened to Castlevania. The interviews that came with the collection made it pretty clear that whoever the producer is has some strong feelings on how important the visuals(specifically Ayami Kojima's) are for the series.

Honestly I wonder if this Contra game is some revived half finished project that they are getting out there because of the collection. It looks like some kind of Frankenstein.

I mean, if they felt it was key to get Kojima to do artwork for a fuckin' gacha phone game - that's where my Albus avatar is from ;) - they know presentation is important.

Also important is who makes it. Who did IGA leave behind when he left? If it's an in-house project.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I hope a Suikoden Collection.

Konami recently updated the Suikoden homepage and recently made a orchestral music CD for the 5 games.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
It's in like 2 hours on Twitch I think.

Also here's a better trailer for the new Contra

IMO it looks fun despite the low budget.

I'm surprised people are clamoring for Silent Hill... would you really trust Konami with that at this point, even if they outsourced it? I don't... I think they should just leave it be.

The outsourced Zone of the Enders remake was good, so sure why not. If it was Silent Hill or MGS they would have put it on of the conferences though,