• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

Probably the re-releases that were rated not too long ago? Might be nothing, but then again, why tweet this at all.

So there they are.

Last edited:

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
This would be sweet.

Have Konami released games on GOG before?

wonder if there's a way to pretend you have certain save data. I like to play Vandal Hearts you know

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
This makes a lot more sense than them completely remaking 1 for Playstation and all the other stuff we were hearing, and I'm excited because the PC version of MGS1 had a lot of weird stuff like a full first person mode apparently

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
When GOG helps with these patches for old game does that include exclusivity to sell it only on GOG? If not, I would assume they'd want to sell their stuff on Steam and everywhere else?

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
When GOG helps with these patches for old game does that include exclusivity to sell it only on GOG? If not, I would assume they'd want to sell their stuff on Steam and everywhere else?
it generally hits other places after some time. it depends tho. Stranglehold has yet to get to steam.

Zaimokuza

May 14, 2020
I remember reading somewhere that GOG actively reworks the source code of old games to make them work better on w10. Is that still the case? Can we expect improvements (higher resolutions, better effects) or bugfixes?

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
MGS remake is something I MIGHT buy! if it keeps the awfultastic spanish dub, ofc. If not...well, IDK where would you get that particular brand of lunatic storytelling.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
please let us disable texture filtering.......................

0be1657c12d90c052eef52176d65a3e25e46dcf0f34542507461ca0a8e6d0174.jpg

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
I remember reading somewhere that GOG actively reworks the source code of old games to make them work better on w10. Is that still the case? Can we expect improvements (higher resolutions, better effects) or bugfixes?
They don't touch source code almost never, they usually pack in with their installer community made fixes that they tried and tested that work.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland

My understanding is GOG will incorporate things like fan-made patches and updates, no-cd cracks and that sort of thing, along with their own work to ensure games are compatible. Might be wrong on the former though.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I'll wait for someone else to be the guinea pig on these. I need to hear some impressions on how these run, particularly how 2 handles the pressure-sensitive button controls because that's always an issue when porting it.

Disappointed to see no Japanese language support on either.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone buy and go through the Konami collection to see which versions the games are and if they are running well? I'm particularly interested if Castevania 3 is the japanese version that has better music because of the music chip that that version came with.

Status
Not open for further replies.