• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
I would honestly take Mystic Warriors in the arcade collection, it's basically Sunset Riders but with ninjas. Plus unlike Sunset Riders, it has never been ported to a console(Sunset Riders was on SNES and GEN.

blazenumb1

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Just saw this forum so sorry if this has been answer but is Symphony of the Night going to be on there remake?

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Man I hope this is successful, because I realized I'll likely need them to get to a third Castlevania collection before I'm really satisfied. Aka we've got this first one for Classicvania, a second for Metroidvania, and then I'd love a third that's just "the rest" for the stuff that doesn't make it in the first two. Fill it with stuff like Kid Dracula, Legacy of Darkness, the PS2 games, and whatever else they missed. Because honestly, stuff like that is more of what I've missed and gets me personally excited. Though if nothing else, really glad to see the second GB game on there!

D.Lo

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
"...a completed collection around the ORIGINS of the historic franchise."

Nearly half of the posters in this thread: "I hope it includes these DS/3DS/Wii/PS2/PS3 games!"

The seemingly common aversion to reading anything beyond a thread title never ceases to amaze me.
Yep said the same thing a couple of times in the thread. Wilful ignorance posting.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I actually wouldn't be surprised if both RoB and SOTN end up being here, as SOTN is the last "classic" game before the modern era.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I hope it includes the Sega Genesis castlevania, when i was younger I didn't even know the genesis had a castlevania, I would have bought it. Was it good?

Arkaign

Nov 25, 2017
Yeah, it's a really good game, one of my fave arcade games.

Ha, I only ever had the Genesis Mystic Warriors, but I actually really liked it at the time. I remember that it got awful reviews in EGM along with Herzog Zwei, another of my absolutely favorite games of all time.

Was the arcade similar?

Ramsiege

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Any chance we get Castlevania 64/LoD, perhaps on a second collection? Those games hold a special place in my heart...

Oct 27, 2017
I'll probably get the Castlevania collection and maybe the Contra one. But what I'd really pay some money for, would be some sort of RPG collection. Hell even just the first two Suikoden and Vandal Hearts games would be fine. The rest of the Suikodens would be a plus, but they can leave that weird ass looking Vandal Hearts 3 out.

John198X

Nov 9, 2018
I had to hear it pointed out on a podcast to realize that all 8 in the arcade collection are already part of Arcade Archives on PSN (and in all regions except Thunder Cross). No wonder it's such a wonky / unrepresentative selection. Sigh.

I really wanna know who's doing the actual work on the Contra & CV sets, 'cause the Arcade one is definitely using Hamster's existing work.

A few things
1- regarding md konami games
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ru...sis-konami-titles-were-never-re-issued.35489/

2- has anyone datamine the websites to see if there ould be a hint on what games would be revealed?

Regarding #1, I had completely forgotten reading that rumor (No NES Contra on Wii, WiiU, 3DS VC, or NES Classic simply because it wasn't part of Konami's list of games they submitted when Virtual Console began, along with Bloodlines and Hard Corps)... There's really no excuse as to why they would be left out this time around, is there??

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I had to hear it pointed out on a podcast to realize that all 8 in the arcade collection are already part of Arcade Archives on PSN (and in all regions except Thunder Cross). No wonder it's such a wonky / unrepresentative selection. Sigh.

I really wanna know who's doing the actual work on the Contra & CV sets, 'cause the Arcade one is definitely using Hamster's existing work.

Regarding #1, I had completely forgotten reading that rumor (No NES Contra on Wii, WiiU, 3DS VC, or NES Classic simply because it wasn't part of Konami's list of games they submitted when Virtual Console began, along with Bloodlines and Hard Corps)... There's really no excuse as to why they would be left out this time around, is there??
Nah this new release could have them, if not in these current collections then in the later ones at the most.

twinturbo2

Oct 27, 2017
Jupiter, FL

Will there be another arcade collection? That's my question.

Cthulhu_Steev

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they remember Time Pilot '84 some day, that game is glorious. Sound effects up there with Defender, Robotron: 2084 and Juno First.

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
I hope it includes the Sega Genesis castlevania, when i was younger I didn't even know the genesis had a castlevania, I would have bought it. Was it good?

It is among the best of the classic Castlevania style! It would be a real shame if they didn't include Bloodlines, but I am almost positive that it will be one of those 4 games that has yet to be revealed for the first collection.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Ha, I only ever had the Genesis Mystic Warriors, but I actually really liked it at the time. I remember that it got awful reviews in EGM along with Herzog Zwei, another of my absolutely favorite games of all time.

Was the arcade similar?
Huh, what? Mystic Warriors was never on Genesis(the one I'm talking about), it's an arcade exclusive and it's awesome. I'm referring to this one:
mystic-1.png

Jan 11, 2018
Rondo definitely deserves to be in it. It's basically the structure of CVIII but with the level routes built into the stages.

It depends on how they divide the games. I'd rather have a re-release of Dracula X / Vampire's Kiss myself. And then have Rondo and Symphony + the GBA and DS games in a second volume. That makes more sense to me.

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
I'll probably get the Castlevania collection and maybe the Contra one. But what I'd really pay some money for, would be some sort of RPG collection. Hell even just the first two Suikoden and Vandal Hearts games would be fine. The rest of the Suikodens would be a plus, but they can leave that weird ass looking Vandal Hearts 3 out.

Wait what...there's a Vandal Hearts 3???

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Same here. The lack of variety (in game types and timespan of original release) in the Arcade Collection is what has my attention.

Frogger, Time Pilot, Sunset Riders, Jackal, Green Beret ... I would throw my money at a collection(s) with those games. If this first edition is successful, I do hope Konami releases additional arcade collections later with those games (and others) included.
Agreed. Honestly I think they should've either done a series of genre themed arcade collections (this one basically already is a shooting collection) or else maybe split the Gradius titles out into it's own 8 game collection and just dropped Haunted Castle.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if both RoB and SOTN end up being here, as SOTN is the last "classic" game before the modern era.
I think SOTN is out mainly because it's not in the classic action style (Simon's Quest and Vampire Killer appear similarly missing) and it also doesn't appear like they're going past gen 4 for emulation. ROB on the other hand is probably a lock imo given the game's reputation and the fact Konami already has a PCE emu lying around from Virtual Console and Game Archives.

And despite the "first collection" language I'm not so sure there's going to be a second one either.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
It depends on how they divide the games. I'd rather have a re-release of Dracula X / Vampire's Kiss myself. And then have Rondo and Symphony + the GBA and DS games in a second volume. That makes more sense to me.
But that would also render Requiem irrelevant, which seems to be your core argument against including Rondo in this collection? Also Dracula X is just an inferior conversion/remake of Rondo anyway, it really shouldn't get priority over Rondo. If this mythical Metroidvania 2nd collection did exist Rondo would be out of place in it anyway.

Jan 11, 2018
Maybe skip those for PS4 then? Also, most people that wanted those games already bought them on PS4. Why not sell it to them again?

That would be stupid. Unless PS4 woners get something else in return.

But that would also render Requiem irrelevant, which seems to be your core argument against including Rondo in this collection? Also Dracula X is just an inferior conversion/remake of Rondo anyway, it really shouldn't get priority over Rondo. If this mythical Metroidvania 2nd collection did exist Rondo would be out of place in it anyway.

It depends on when a second volume would be released of course. I'm thinking it wouldn't be this year. They'd have to tweak the DS games quite a bit to work on other systems.

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It'd be like that one time Capcom sold updated SF2 HD Remix then released the SF 30th anniversary collection :V
Yeah, at most some people got angry but most likely decided to purchase it anyway and companies knows this.
That would be stupid. Unless PS4 woners get something else in return.
Why would they get anything in return? If they weren't happy with their purchase then, why didn't they refund? Getting angry because a more comprehensive collection comes out is weak.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
It depends on when a second volume would be released of course. I'm thinking it wouldn't be this year. They'd have to tweak the DS games quite a bit to work on other systems.
But Rondo would still be out of place in a collection like that. It really just doesn't make sense and if Requiem is such a sticking point it'd logically be better to split it's contents among collections, thereby still making it an attractive alternate product.

Also I'm not sure a 2nd collection is planned at all. Better to grab the best of everything Classicvania remaining (Rondo, Bloodlines, X68000, Adventure ReBirth) in this one imo.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
But Rondo would still be out of place in a collection like that.

that's what i'm trying to understand about this weird argument (which has popped up in here more than once). Rondo has way more in common w/ classic CV than it does SOTN-- period. The only reason it and SOTN get tied together is because of narrative when they are mechanically not very similar to one another...

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
I'll get the Contra one for sure, especially if it includes Hard Corps and 4. Less a fan of the early CV games, but I will go in fucking HARD if the next CV one collects the handheld Igavanias or (even better) Rondo / SotN and the handheld Igavanias. I'm worried it will be Dracula X, the 64 ones, and Chronicles or something instead.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
that's what i'm trying to understand about this weird argument (which has popped up in here more than once). Rondo has way more in common w/ classic CV than it does SOTN-- period. The only reason it and SOTN get tied together is because of narrative when they are mechanically not very similar to one another...
Yes, the arguments for excluding Rondo have all gone in circles several times already and been shot down every time. The narrative argument makes no sense either when it's being simultaneously argued Dracula X should be included for some reason.