• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
The highly productive games producer and purveyor of erotic violence, Konami, has just opened an official store for licensed merch:

officialkonamishop.com

Official Konami Shop

Welcome to Official Konami Shop. Official merch from your favorite games. You will find new Items every 2 weeks. Suikoden, Castlevania, Metal Gear Solid, Goemon, Dance Dance Revolution, PES, Sunset Riders, and more of the Konami Classics Video Games. All the gear in one place.

I was surprised that it wasn't already posted, but I couldn't find anything about it. Anyway, as a certified Symphony of the Night fanboy I had to grab some stuff on there, and also some Sunset Riders and Suikoden stuff because I'm a dirty little consumer and GODDAMMIT KONAMI USED TO MAKE THE BEST GAMES AAAAAARGH.

I guess it remains to be seen how the service works, and how good quality this stuff is. Realistically, anyone could get up a print shop to make t-shirts and mugs and stuff, so it's not like this is indicative of any effort on their part more than "huh, unlicensed stuff from our IP sells really well, let's ask someone who knows how to make licensed stuff".

If nothing else, it's surprising to see Konami actually acknowledge that Suikoden, Goemon, Dance Dance Revolution and goddamn Track & Field ever existed.

unisex-premium-t-shirt-heather-dust-front-601c5bb325762_1024x.jpg

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
With this and the recent leaks from VGC that seemingly confirm previous leaks about Silent Hill, MGS and Castlevania... Is Konami actually coming back?

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Wow an official konami post mentioning Suikoden. What a time to be alive

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I actually like this one:

officialkonamishop.com

Metal Gear Alert Embroidered T-Shirt

Buy Metal Gear Solid Unisex T-Shirt. This t-shirt is everything you've dreamed of and more. It feels soft and lightweight, with the right amount of stretch. It's comfortable and flattering for both men and women.

OP
OP
MikeProtagonist
Oct 26, 2017

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I'll buy a Konami branded lanyard that doesn't actually let you access anywhere leading you to suspect you've been fired.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Most of this stuff is not particularly good

it's like someone at the office with a vague interest in graphic design and an okay knowledge of the games was like "hey can I get out of janitorial duty if I do this"

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
On the one hand, damn, DDR AND Goemon? I know Fangamer did some Goemon (& Sunset Riders) stuff not too long ago, but to see Konami actually remember some of their other franchises exist is ni

....but geeeeez some of that stuff is way too much. Clearly you're paying for the fact these are only available through this store.

If anything, I wanna see some of their Konami Style (aka their Japanese store) stuff come over, like the soundtracks. One of which is a TEN DISC collection of shmup music!
https://www.konamistyle.jp/products/detail.php?product_id=109620

What a
horrible
deal to
have a
hat.
What is a deal?
A miserable little pile of discounts!

Sunset Riders but no "Bury me with my Money" shirt or wallet?
No "Bury me with my money" merch? :(
Guess it's not available anymore, but Fangamer did have Sunset Riders merchandise, including a "Bury Me With My Money" wallet:

sr_154.jpg

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
Aside from the Goemon and Sunset Riders shirts, the rest of the designs are pretty uninspired. IMO the Sega shop as the best shirt designs.

Oleander

Oct 25, 2017
No place to input Konami Code for discount? Cause those prices are whack

Actually, using the code UPUPDOWNDOWN10 gives you a 10% discount on your first order, so sorta.

I got some Suikoden stuff, because I'm a goon that will buy anything Suikoden related because I'm Stockholm Syndrome'd with this publisher hardcore. That said, I'm absolutely going to frame a map of the Dunan region and I will treasure it.

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
I was sent the Sunset Riders Adios Amigos hoodie and it's pretty comfy, although the Konami copyright on the front is already wearing off.

Gonna be giving away that Suikoden Ink Circle shirt once I figure out how to get the contest set up on Wccftech.