• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
Yeah, but for KojiPro doing an actual Silent Hill game, Konami would need to allow them to use the license.

I remember reading the relationship between Kojima and Konami is pretty okay nowadays, but is this really something they would do?
I actually think it's possible Konami could've sold the IP. Realistically they've pulled out of AAA game development. To me it seems they think it's too much risk and low return of investment compared to their other businesses. They'd also get a sweet pay check for an IP they'd only decoratively use for their pachinko machines. Sitting on a game IP for too long will also make it worthless in the long run. I guess we're going to find out soon.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
OH SHIT WE IN BOISSSSSSSS
Z88frgL.gif

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There is literally another thread on the same page.

www.resetera.com

So, is Kojima Productions teasing something?

Okay, so I searched up and down to see if a thread was made on this. As far as I can tell.... No. I probably missed something, point me in the direction and I'll merge the thread, but I really tried to find if one existed to no avail. So this was posted on Twitter: And quickly people noticed...

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm I remember a rumour a while ago that MS had pulled off a major coup with a JPN company that could be seen as a 'betrayal', this would certainly fit that criteria...

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Not getting my hopes up. I mean, this is Konami that we're talking about here.

Kapten

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
I love the fact that this is all based on the word "silent" being written in a tweet and a pencil.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
What is happening and why am i more and more confused about 2020 in terms of gaming.

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
Jeez, that Ito tweet, it's seriously likely to be Silent Hill related. I honestly do think this could be the thing that was being hinted at by the insiders doing the thinking eyes to that Phil Spencer Japanese developer tweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.