• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would be pretty hard if his BFF Geoff didn't get some major news for TGA and they reveal it over Twitter instead.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I want haptics, but it's just going to be a PS4 version patch that unlocks the framerate to 60, and I'll be disappointed at the wasted potential.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
I want haptics, but it's just going to be a PS4 version patch that unlocks the framerate to 60, and I'll be disappointed at the wasted potential.

I think Kojima would love to get some practice with the DualSense controller, it seems right up his alley to spend loads of time on random details no one else would notice.

If there is a PS5 update for Death Stranding I'll happily pick it up as one of my first PS5 titles. :)

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Really hope for some exciting news, love Kojima's games. Would be really exciting if it got PS5 DualSense support.

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
If we get proper PS5/ Dualsense support I'll start my third playthrough of Death Stranding!
It's potentially *the* DualSense showcase. Feeling the texture of the terrain with each step, the condition of Sam's boots, the tension in the backpack straps in the triggers.

Keeping expectations low, though. It's likely a merch drop or something.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's potentially *the* DualSense showcase. Feeling the texture of the terrain with each step, the condition of Sam's boots, the tension in the backpack straps in the triggers.

Keeping expectations low, though. It's likely a merch drop or something.
It really could be, and it seems like the exact sort of thing Kojipro would latch on to. I still can't think of many good uses on the PS2 analog face buttons aside from MGS and the whole 'release the button slowly to put the gun away' bits.

The PC version was tremendous and the game was still pretty well received. I can see them updating it at some point.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Because it's Kojima, he's talking about a literal update, so the console versions of Death Stranding will get next gen patches.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
My guess:

1) New minor content coming to all versions of Death Stranding for free, maybe some new structures and tools that can be built.

2) Coming to Xbox ecosystem of consoles via Game Pass in early 2021.

3) New-gen enhancements for PS5, Xbox Series X, and Xbox Series S. All free for current owners.

Jan 29, 2018
My guess:

1) New minor content coming to all versions of Death Stranding for free, maybe some new structures and tools that can be built.

3) New-gen enhancements for PS5, Xbox Series X, and Xbox Series S. All free for current owners.

If there's new buildings one of them has to look like a giant PS5.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
My guess:

Sony owns Death Stranding and it's built on Guerrilla Games' Decima engine. While PC was part of the deal, I highllllly doubt they'll allow it on Xbox.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
My guess:

I don't think any releases outside of the existing PC version will ever happen. Sony owns the IP. It released on PC as part of Sony and Kojima's deal during the initial announcement.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
The fact that there are reveal times makes me think it's something more than just merch or a game patch.

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
Geoff Keighley
I know you know something, Keighley!!

tumblr_nwqd9jWRck1uorz8zo2_500.gifv

main-qimg-b4a5d8399cade44e87bbb0ba13ca23e5