• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like a golden experience awaits.
SameObviousAmericanshorthair-size_restricted.gif

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
A shocking sentence, but his following comment seems to connect it with the message going on for a while (I guess?): "I'm trying to do something so radically different, I wouldn't know how to describe it".

Also, the final quote is a very good definition of what "art" in general is nowadays, has been for a while.

Deleted member 35653

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Confusing. Either this guy is incredibly charismatic or a genius. Otherwise how do you explain so many people (even famous actors) praising him?

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I find it funny how completely opposite Taro/ Nier Automata and Kojima/Death Stranding are.

Taro and Square Enix marketed their game as an action-adventure game against robots, with Platinum gameplay and sexy androids. What we got was an epic with mind-bending questions about humanity, philosophy, life and death, not to mention a metric fuck ton of allusions to modern and classical thinkers like Sartre, Simone de Beauvoir and one of the best soundtracks ever.

Death Stranding is being SOLD as a incredible work of art, with A grade actors and budget, state of the art engine, and "So incredibly revolutionary that is pushing the medium forward" "You have to see it to believe", and the gameplay snippets that we got show a mundane open world not unlike MGS5 (So far, just as empty, too).

I mean. Its so funny.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
I have heard so much about it now, I don't know what to think about it anymore.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
so what? Lots of great art depends on the subliminal and the subconscious. plenty of people don't understand exactly where it comes from or exactly what it means.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think we all know what the game is. The E3 trailer showed several combat elements like the world war sequences, the stealth sequences with the ghosts and finally the combat scenes with mercenaries. What we havent seen is how prevalent the trips to the world war setpieces will be. Will they be copy paste sequences or one off setpieces that you wont have to repeat. The ghost sequences look terribly boring and very simple compared to the stealth in MGS2 or MGS3, let alone last gen MGS games that let you use all kinds of different gadgets to confuse and distract guards. doesnt seem like you can do that with ghosts and have to follow a strict line.

Lastly, how often will we run into mercs in the open world? are there any merc outposts or bases to explore like in far cry or mgsv? how many are there? the game world seems barren and i havent seen anything remotely resembling a base. the combat options seem incredibly limited coming from MGSV which gave you hundreds of gadgets and weapons.

i really really hope that this isnt a walking simulator with very limited combat. the fact that they finished this game in less than 4 years is kind of a giveaway that there isnt much content here. bases like ground zeroes and groznigrad in mgs3 take time to build and even longer to design a stealth action game around. is 3 years enough when other developers with much bigger teams like GG, SSM and Rockstar are taking 5-6 years to make a game?

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
obnoxious.

that's the last straw. i'm not buying the game purely out of spite for his obnoxious hype statements.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
LOL, he's trolling us, right?

Maybe I'm starting to understand the genius of Kojima that people talk about.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Yeaaaaahhhh.... This game is going to either be stupidly good, or terribly mediocre.
The more I hear the less optimistic I get.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ive always loved his work, and maybe I just never paid enough attention to his public schtick, but I think I hate this guy.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
Schrödinger's Cat:
1280px-Schrodingers_cat.svg.png

Schrodinger's Cat is another phenomenon that is difficult to understand but it's an abstract concept that can be visualized. Unlike the painting, this is a thought experiment that turned into a quantum mechanics study which still doesn't have a singular resolute solution/answer, but rather individual interpretations.

Death Stranding could be something that you don't necessarily need to completely understand to experience, and instead it'd be an artwork that delivers an experience, an idea, or a paradoxical tale.

Avoid reviews. Get the game and never open it. What is inside the box will simultaneously be the best and worst game ever created.

Deleted member 52065

Jan 16, 2019
If he doesn't understand it, then he didn't even try to make it comprehensible. If you are going to be surrealist be surrealist. However, the half step between realistic/grounded and metaphysical (as seen in the metal gear series) just makes his lack of comprehension of the themes he believes he is tacking, all the more egregious. Tonal inconsistencies, plot holes, lazy writing, anime tropes and deus ex machina are presented by fans and the media alike as "style", rather, they are examples of Kojimas lack of writing skill.

His eye for detail is excellent but Kojima is a 2019 George Lucas. When he has full control his weaknesses outshine his strengths.

Rzarekta

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
The thread title is legit bullshit if you actually read what he's saying. The hate this game is getting now is unreal.

Soprano

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I like this forum. But i'm starting to wonder if alot of you are new to gaming.

I sincerely hope the lot of you are either joking, or you are genuinely curious about this game. Cause i swear you guys act like you've never played a Kojima game before or don't understand his thought process to game design and storytelling. Nothing he said is remotely out there or cause for confusion.

With all due respect.......give the hyperbole a fucking rest already.

saiko

Nov 4, 2017
God i'm so completely bored with everything related to DS. I really just want it to come out already, get a 95% Metacritic or whatever (I can see Edge and anyone else pretentious wanking themselves into a catatonic frenzy over this game), do whatever amount of sales the Sony Marketing Hype Machine will generate and then fuck off and give us a break from anything Kojima related. Until he inevitably makes his next ALL NEW GENRE game that defies "categorisation", inspires endless news articles and threads and the cycle will continue.

You should try reading your own comment some time from another person's perspective. Maybe then you'll see how eye-rolling this is.

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
His personal Apocalypse Now ...

b3c6StR.jpg

... it will probably come together

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
What a genius. So deep. /s
this guy loves the smell of his farts and gets off on people think he's deep and artistic.
Yeah, I mean is there really any doubt anymore

The thread title is legit bullshit if you actually read what he's saying. The hate this game is getting now is unreal.
I read the entire OP and the additional quotes are even worse than the headline. The dude's pretentiousness is off the charts.

Master Chuuster

GamingBolt.com
Verified
Dec 14, 2017
"If you take something that looks like a banana and give it the title 'apple', that works as art."

Kojima get some sleep pls

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
I'm not a Kojima fanboy by any means, but the users I see on this board pretending this game won't be amazing or at the very least super interesting on some level are just being asinine.
It's an exclusive...you know how it goes.I'm sure there are people praying this is a huge disaster given the faith and money Sony have put into it.
Anyway,I'm all for risk taking in AAA games,it's pretty rare these days.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Lmao alright more clickbait about this damn game. Gotta love it.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I read the entire OP and the additional quotes are even worse than the headline. The dude's pretentiousness is off the charts.

Wait how? Kojima has said that he didn't understand and was confused by MGS as well. Why do you think he is pretentious? Kojima is making unique new experiences for us in gaming and he might just be trolling and having a laugh. I'm not even sure where the hate is coming from.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
I have no expectations for this game, neither good nor bad. Because I have no idea what type of game this even is.

Just kicking back and reading the threads.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
This game is either going to be a straight up turd or an incredible experience. There is no in between.

I'm leaning heavily toward the former but I'm still interested to see how it turns out.
Actually, I think a "in between" game is the most likely scenario. It's not gonna be a turd, that's for sure. Maybe weird, disappointing or underwhelming, but no turd.