• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
For a title that was only showed off first time E3 2016 with a non finalized game engine, did people think it was this year?

Looking at the length of development of AAA productions hitting 4-5 years or more, people think he would hit it in only 3 or less or something?

For real though.
That's why I'm always face palming when I read "DS will release in 2019" posts

People expecting a 3 year dev cycle are maniacs.

ViewtifulJux

Oct 25, 2017
Why do people act like Kojima is literally the only person who works on the game. Like he can show off the game, travel, etc. and work will still get done.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Reminds me of the MGS4 Making Of video that was in the collector edition where the game's producer went crazy because Kojima said the game was not in an acceptable state in his eyes and needed more time.

Kojima is going to take his sweet ass time to make this game, for better or worse.

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not to defend Konami but this is likely one of the reaosn for the falling out and why other big publishers like Activision ended the deal with Bungie. Partnering with Sony was the best option he had and will likely be the right move but investors want games to come out on time. They are huge investments and the longer they take the more they need to pay the employees and some teams are in the hundreds.

I always thought this was going to be a cross gen title but I think Sony would like to release it on PS4 then a year later on PS5.

Jingo

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Surprise surprise!

He could in the meanwhile do some deceptive trailers of footage that wont get in the final game.

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
Deal with? A game "delay" to a game with no release date? Is that a Kojima exclusive?
Sigh.
People love to exaggerate how much time Kojima takes to make games, MGSV might've been the longest time it took him to release something, but people can't ignore that they had to make a new engine from scratch that was supposed to cover all of the company's projects and develop a game for 5 platforms.

For Death Stranding, they had to build a studio, ffs, and people complain it's been barely 3 years since its reveal. Come the fuck on.

Last edited:

Quiksaver

Oct 26, 2017
Everyone, chill

The scheduled date could have been right now
Doesn't mean there is no chance for release in 2019

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
That's fine take your time. A bad game is bad forever so don't rush it out.

Hopefully it still makes this year or before April 2020.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Going by those tweets i bet he probably got sick of people complaining about how much he's "not working".

Going by replies in threads like this I really do think when people see "A Hideo Kojima Game" they think it is only him making the game. Even when he is not at work people are their doing the tasks they are assigned.
A delay isn't bad, if he feels it is needed then by all mean delay it.

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
Just delay it now and be done with it. Anything to avoid the unfinished story of MGS5.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
has there ever even been a year announced for a release date officially for this? I didn't even understand those thinking it was a 2019 game - didn't seem to be in development that long (even for a regular game, let alone a Kojima game for a brand new studio needing setting up too)

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Other than MGSV, Kojima's been fairly consistent with development of his games.

For an all new AAA property I don't think this is a crazy dev time at all.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
has there ever even been a year announced for a release date officially for this? I didn't even understand those thinking it was a 2019 game - didn't seem to be in development that long (even for a regular game, let alone a Kojima game for a brand new studio needing setting up too)
Kojima said in the past he is planning to release it in 2019, even in TGS 2018 he hinted at a 2019 launch, I guess that he needs to push it to 2020

Trieu

Feb 22, 2019
Okay so this probably means it won't make it in 2019 and instead will be a 2020 title, but that is okay

Deleted member 35509

Account closed at user request
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
He's busy trying to meet every celebrity he can according to his Insta and Twitter so this isn't surprising.

Team early 2020.

Switch

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wales
LOL its Kojima -san all his games run over time and over budget, that's why Konami wanted rid. Guess this will now be a launch title for the PS5

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Take all the time you need......this game is gonna be nuts....and I've never had any interest in MGS.
From it's reveal through all the trailers this game has drawn me in.....can't wait!
Yeah the game will sell systems just on the hype factor of Kojima alone, plus all of the super bizarre clips we've seen so far. I half expect the finished game will be a lot of weird cutscenes and I won't know what the hell is going on and I'll never finish it... But I'm still hyped to buy it, if it's a cross gen release with PS5 oh boy..

Pillock

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
Take your time. Sony's wallet is nice and fat so fill your boots until they start to question what your actually doing.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
People actually believed this would release this year?
giphy.gif

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Really excited for this game but yeah, not surprised at this news in the slightest. It's clear the game is still pretty far off.