• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

(Whatever you think of YongYea, Stefanie talks about it directly in this video)

The Boat

Oct 28, 2017
Can't watch it right now. Did he replace her with a Hollywood actor? Kojima's boner for Hollywood is frankly cringey, especially after what he did to Hayter.

Jadax

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What's with the instant anti-Kojima posts here. Unless he signed a contract with an actor I don't think anyone can blame him?

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are you trying to tell me Kojima went with a more famous person over a previous collaborator ?!

Oct 25, 2017
Kojima:
tumblr_pag2ddFgGW1x0xxe1o1_400.gif

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds about right.

Seems like he's a real dick about this kind of stuff looking at what they did to Hayter.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It's more the not contacting part than the casting decision in the first place that makes this kinda garbo. Could at least give her a heads up. "Sorry, you're awesome, but we had to make a tough biz decision."

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
All of y'all calling him out for this have no idea what y'all are talking about. This is typical in development - you make plans, plans change for various reasons. You don't owe anyone anything until you've shaken on it or signed a deal.

OP
OP
Jobbs

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All of y'all calling him out for this have no idea what y'all are talking about. This is typical in development - you make plans, plans change for various reasons. You don't owe anyone anything until you've shaken on it or signed a deal.

I consider it kind of next level dick baggery to ask someone to do a role and then ghost them.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
On the one hand it probably does happen all the time but on the other it's not hard to think the 'he found someone more famous' reasoning is true for Kojima.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Man Kojima is really playing with fire here. If any of the actors ends up being a creep the game will be instantly tainted.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
maybe he just forgot lol

Probably.

This happens all the time with actors in any medium, honestly. Someone will get called or offered one role but they pass on the original person once someone "better" comes along.

While I'm sure Kojima is one of her friends, he doesn't really owe anyone anything when it comes to casting unless a contract is signed.

Deleted member 21858

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I mean nothing is set into stone until a contract is signed. He can scout whoever he wants for the job and end up with his choice.
Also not a fan of how Hollywoody the game is, it would probably be better to take the $$$ and invest into the mechanics, but it´s his game and Sony´s money, so...

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There is a definitely a pattern of Kojima basically not really caring about his OG cast and being absolutely infatuated in getting Hollywood talent.

It's a pretty shitty pattern, but it's only becoming really obvious now that he's able to actually budget these actors and he's done this for two straight games.