• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
Only way I can see a team out of this is Billy Kane as the 3rd member since he has connections to both Joe (who's trying to court his sister) and Iori (who he has long lasting beef since 95)

I think they're gonna do a super trailer and reveal multiple teams soon. Still we got swerved and that Joe Laugh sinches it.

Who else laughs. Yamazaki?!?!!?!! TEAM LAUGH

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not nonsense
It's shattering expectations

It's like putting Chin with Geese what the fuck are you people talking about. They have NEVER had anything to do with each other.

Oooo I'm digging these team mixups so far. Let's go SNK, make me interested.

Also... Joe... you lookin good bro >.>

If its following the same patter of the last batch of trailers they will be on the same team. Beni switching teams was also a weird one. Seems likely Joe and Iori are on the same team. Would be weird for them to start with a set, then not do a set suddenly. Then again were only on character 5.

It'd be weirder if they suddenly put two characters together who literally have never in the fucking 26 year history of both existing ever so much as looked at each other in the same team. Beni was a shakeup but at least there's links between the Hero team and the Japan team. This is just someone picking random select and getting Iori and Joe.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In the character art/CG the art style looks on point...

Et6RIoVVEAEM6N_

...but in the actual game the characters look so...sterile and metallic(?). They just look off again. Not as bad as KoF14 but still not good.

The rim lighting?

That's Ogura's art style, check out some of his XIV art.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Only way I can see a team out of this is Billy Kane as the 3rd member since he has connections to both Joe (who's trying to court his sister) and Iori (who he has long lasting beef since 95)

I think they're gonna do a super trailer and reveal multiple teams soon. Still we got swerved and that Joe Laugh sinches it.

we only got one more trailer to find out if this is an actual team or a gag
Kyo's team will have Mature or Vice. Calling it now.
Iori is not amused

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I love this trailer lol, this shall be known as the Laugh Squad if they're on the same team.

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
What if all the teams are crazy mixed? Some people's actual teams they use may be cannon in this lol

Laser Ramon

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly killed my interest in the game for now. No interest in keeping up if they're just going to nonsensically through random characters out there while people froth out at the mouth assuming random shit. People really think Iori and Joe are gonna be on the same team? Christ.
Ya'll stay mad, please, I'm loving it

I love this trailer lol, this shall be known as the Laugh Squad if they're on the same team.
Follow the laughts people!

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm pretty sure the Devs specifically called out how they wanted to make some really unique changes to team layout.

This seems far more like they where talking/hinting towards than Benny with Team Hero.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
If it's really a team, I guess Iori is making his own Japan team this time.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I think he looks great and it was probably the best trailer yet in terms of actually showing anything the character does.

But fuck man

The only way I can tolerate the Kyo teasing is if they want him to reveal the max mode special cancel with bodiga bodiga bodiga.

And fix his hair modeling.

:(

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sadly the animation is really lacking, the moves cuts quickly with no impact whatsoever compared to the old KOFs.
Looks fine to me to be honest. I think the animation is taken directly from KOF14 which already used most of the old 2D keyframes as reference.

He does look very solid, almost cell shaded.

The big change with XV's character model upgrades in general is that they are aiming hard to match Ogura's art style this time.
Yeah the shading used on Joe is excellent. Maybe they're still adjusting that for the entire game.

kvchjJT.png

MRXHG6E.png

8E8Q1BO.png

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
At this point I'm just going to assume that they are announcing characters in a completely random order and it's not actually teams.

Shun'ei, Meitenkun, and Benimaru being the lone exception in this case.

I cannot find any commonality for Iori and Joe to be on the same team outside of the fact they are both from Japan and both have a obnoxious victory laugh.

cubotauro

Aug 28, 2019
I'm pretty sure the Devs specifically called out how they wanted to make some really unique changes to team layout.

This seems far more like they where talking/hinting towards than Benny with Team Hero.
Agreed, in a way it's kind of funny seeing people mostly predicting teams from previous entries after the devs themselves said that they wanted some noticeable shake-ups in the teams composition. They can come up with whatever story reasons as they want.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
At this point I'm just going to assume that they are announcing characters in a completely random order and it's not actually teams.

Shun'ei, Meitenkun, and Benimaru being the lone exception in this case.

I cannot find any commonality for Iori and Joe to be on the same team outside of the fact they are both from Japan and both have a obnoxious victory laugh.

They both have a connection with Billy Kane too, which someone mentioned. A Iori/Joe/Billy team would be pretty funny

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Please keep Joe in your thoughts because there's a 2 in 3 chance Iori will either murder or beat the shit out of him in their team endings.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This is the best character trailer yet. What a great improvement from the Shun-ei trailer.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I think terry will have either a completely new team or one with blue mary and a new partner
Andy will join team Mai

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Uh well that just happened. So until proven otherwise right I am gonna assume they actually are on a team