• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Saito

Oct 25, 2017
I want to like this game but the character designs are too dated. Just stuck in a time that's long past. Too bad.

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
While I never liked her outfit, her face is perfect in this. Glad she didn't get the short straw on the face modeling like Whip and King.

Shiryu

Sep 6, 2019
Angel's unchained system.

1637813018836.png

OrochiJR

Oct 29, 2017
Angel looking great as always. This is the first time that her name is written the spanish way with the accent (not sure what it is in English, sorry) above the A If I am not mistaken.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
The female character designs in this game are embarrassing.

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
👆

They all look kinda samey

I can't fully agree in this case, the faces in KOFXV are pretty varied per character for both guys and ladies, enough that even though body types could be more varied (hopefully not like Shermie though, they made her proportions kinda nuts), each one looks different at least to me. Otherwise we wouldn't have the scenario where some faces look normal (Angel, Shermie, Athena, Leona and so on) and some look odd or off model from the character (Whip and King mostly).

Now you want an example of what I consider samey, DOA5 and 6 are those games. Swap the hair and eye color on most of the women in that game and they'd look almost exactly like the character whose hair they stole, with a couple of exceptions like Marie and Rachel.

Oct 29, 2017
She's had them since her debut!

Not quite, they did give her design a little update for XIV, mainly they added some details. She got the ornaments on her chaps, she unzipped her jacket and her boots got more elaborate leggings added.

heS15Wj.jpg

E48fE2c.jpg

I love her design but I would've rather kept Team Mexico intact (I hate GAW as a concept and Antonov's redesign, he was so much cooler in XIV) and go full luchadora with her. Maybe update her moveset and use one of the scrapped DLC costumes they designed for XIV. I'm especially fond of the Tizoc 2 one.
w6Gvc9x.jpg

Jun 24, 2021
Fuck yeah! We don't have enough Mexican women represented in games in general, let alone fighting games. When we get a spot in a Fighter it's always a dude. Ángel rocks!

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Silly question for my Mexican brahs, is Ángel a girls' name there? Because in Spain it's exclusively a man's name (the word itself is masculine).

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
Silly question for my Mexican brahs, is Ángel a girls' name there? Because in Spain it's exclusively a man's name (the word itself is masculine).
Anyway, they give her that name because it's the name of Ángel's original designer.

Edit: Already answered. Thanks Mauricio_Magus!

CO_Andy

Oct 25, 2017
Angel is a fairly difficult character to learn. Just glad i don't have to throw away all that knowledge.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Her design is stupid. I know it needs to be in the game, because the FGC is unrelentingly horny and there would be a huge backlash if it wasn't, but they need to make it an alternate. Give her a new primary design that isn't ridiculously embarrassing.

Nov 9, 2017
Réunion
"Nya" ? I don't remember her saying that in the older games.

BTW, I don't really like the new Voice Actors, or rather I prefer the old VA. I think the first time I noticed that is when I heard Kula's new voice: originally, she sounded sleepy, but now she's entirely different.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017

BTW, I don't really like the new Voice Actors, or rather I prefer the old VA. I think the first time I noticed that is when I heard Kula's new voice: originally, she sounded sleepy, but now she's entirely different.
Kula's VA never changed from Yumi Kakazu (voice direction eventually did, though).

kyorii

Oct 25, 2017
Splatlandia

Shes had the nyas since 2001 i recall but it seems direction has more enunciation on it now. I recall it being one her quirks.

Nov 9, 2017
Réunion
Shes had the nyas since 2001 i recall but it seems direction has more enunciation on it now. I recall it being one her quirks.

From what I've seen (I just searched it on YT), the "nyaa" were introduced in 2002 and because I've almost never played that game, that must be why they surprised me in the reveal video. And I also found out that she had 3 different VA (2001: Miina Tominaga, 2002: Mayumi Shintani and beyond: Miki Ogura). Personally, I prefer the one who played her in 2001, Miina Tominaga.

OrochiJR

Oct 29, 2017

both, but yeah it's more of a guy name.

Yeah, SNK does that. You remember Adelheid Bernstein, the tall musclebound lad, son of Rugal from Kof 2003 and XI? In German Adelheid is a woman's name, which is pretty much so outdated that it's associated only with women in their 60s and upwards.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Geez México got enough love in 2021 spread it around please (never liked angel)

but if it means the leak with maxima is true then I can accept it

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I know a lot of people love her design, but for me, it's a missed opportunity to update her with a more "elegant" design and still maintain some wild designs.
Lots of missed opportunities in KOFXV as far as updating character designs go to be honest, it's too bad SNK decided to stick really closely to KOF14.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, another gross character design but heeh, we can have the horny team now, Shermie - Dolores - Angel, with all that garbage concentrated in one place.