• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Dec 23, 2017
Dynasty-Warriors-Series-20th-annviersary-Survey-for-fan-feedback-Siliconera-642x400.jpg

www.siliconera.com

Koei Tecmo Wants Your Feedback to Help Develop Future Dynasty Warriors Titles

As part of the Dynasty Warriors' 20th anniversary, Koei Tecmo wants to hear fan feedback to help develop future titles from the series.
With Dynasty Warriors' 20th anniversary approaching, Koei Tecmo wants to hear fan feedback that will be used to develop future titles from the series.
As for the survey, it has a little over 20 questions starting with info about the player and the devices they own. It asks about Dynasty Warriors titles played, what they like about the series, and their favorite entries. Towards the end at question #19, it asks "Will you buy the latest release of the Dynasty Warriors series?" The next question asks for reasons for those who chose "probably not" or "absolutely not." Then another follow-up at #21 asking those who selected "Tired of the Dynasty Warriors series" to elaborate on their reason.

After what happened with Dynasty Warriors 9, it's important that fans fill out this survey.

Survey is here for everyone, by the way:

www.gamecity.ne.jp

DYNASTY WARRIORS Series Survey

Your valuable feedback will be used to help develop future DW series titles. All participants will receive a special DYNASTY WARRIORS 20th anniversary wallpaper!

Please fill it in if you love the series.

Last edited:

emperor bohe

Oct 27, 2017
I submitted this despite not playing DW9. DW3-4 was some of my fave games ever, and when I jumped back in with DW8 I also enjoyed it.

Warukyure

Banned
Feb 23, 2019
I hope they make another open world game like DW9 but not numbered. Maybe make it a spin off game. I really liked the open world concept and wish they spent more time on it and cut a lot if the bloat and fetch quests. Oh and fix that crazy screen tearing and pop in.

NZerker12

Oct 25, 2017
They should just take Pirate Warriors 4 and make Dynasty Warriors 10 off of that. PW4 is the best playing warriors game they made.

OP
OP
Shinobido Heart
Dec 23, 2017
I submitted this despite not playing DW9. DW3-4 was some of my fave games ever, and when I jumped back in with DW8 I also enjoyed it.

Same, I avoided DW9 because of the shift to open world.

It seemed like a really exciting idea at first, but I don't want to run across large fields of nothing to find a handful of enemies. Those were some of the complaints I heard.

My favorites in the series are 5, 8 and Warriors Orochi 3. Really fun games to play.

CSX

Oct 27, 2017
https://twitter.com/CSX142857
I hope they make another open world game like DW9 but not numbered. Maybe make it a spin off game. I really liked the open world concept and wish they spent more time on it and cut a lot if the bloat and fetch quests. Oh and fix that crazy screen tearing and pop in.

The open world would have been exciting with an Empires spin-off. But as part of the main entry, I didn't like it.

Then again, i only played like two hours of it back when it released and "noped" out hard after enjoying DW7 and DW8 a lot.

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
Survey is here for everyone, by the way:

www.gamecity.ne.jp

DYNASTY WARRIORS Series Survey

Your valuable feedback will be used to help develop future DW series titles. All participants will receive a special DYNASTY WARRIORS 20th anniversary wallpaper!

Please fill it in if you love the series.

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
I put Dynasty Warriors 9 as a "favorite" of mine, which it genuinely is.

Unpopular opinion, but I hope that the next game is like Dynasty Warriors 9.

Warukyure

Banned
Feb 23, 2019
The open world would have been exciting with an Empires spin-off. But as part of the main entry, I didn't like it.

Then again, i only played like two hours of it back when it released and "noped" out hard after enjoying DW7 and DW8 a lot.

Yeah I think giving it number 9 really killed it for a lot of the fans.

Same, I avoided DW9 because of the shift to open world.

It seemed like a really exciting idea at first, but I don't want to run across large fields of nothing to find a handful of enemies. Those were some of the complaints I heard.

My favorites in the series are 5, 8 and Warriors Orochi 3. Really fun games to play.

While there are some bare areas, I think one of the best aspects of this was how big they made China and all the scenery. There were a lot of interesting locales added.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dynasty Warriors 3 was probably my most played PS2 game. At this point, I don't know what I want. I kinda want to see what it'd be like with a more serious take that doesn't delve into the supernatural. A deep combat system is probably asking for too much...

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
"I love Dynasty Warriors, more so than Samurai Warriors and I hope that they expand the time-period. That being said, I also love open-world games like ELEX and horror games like Pathologic 2. I also play anything that's made in China and play Dynasty Warriors 9 in Mandarin. Also, Zhang Jiao is good."

For the last question, I put this.

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
Dynasty Warriors 3 was probably my most played PS2 game. At this point, I don't know what I want. I kinda want to see what it'd be like with a more serious take that doesn't delve into the supernatural. A deep combat system is probably asking for too much...
Not so. They've changed the combat system at least twice now.

Anyways, going to submit my results. I love this series. I fell back in love with it with Dynasty Warriors 8 and 9, especially 9. I hope that they try to fix even more of their mistakes going forward. But we'll see.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Thanks for sharing! I filled it out and hope that KT is really taking to heart all the criticism from DW9. Though considering how we have not gotten any expansion titles or the next Samurai Warriors title, I am pretty sure they already are.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
More One Piece please. I'm still playing PW3 (and have 4 to play eventually) and not only is it a darn good game with some awesome characters, it also got me into the OP series as a whole. Definitely one of the more fun Musou games I've played lately along with WO3 (I've still not mustered up the interest to start DW9, and I just didn't click with Fire Emblem Warriors - characters didn't do it for me).

Biteren

Oct 29, 2017
I love the empire games, but i wish they added more unique custom character weapon styles

Id really like if they added the old animations from previous games like Zhao Yuns old spear animations from dw 4/5, Zhou Yu's old sword animations and most wanted of these is Guan Ping's awesome back handed great sword moveset from dw5 and maybe a more traditional sword and shield moveset so i can have my medieval knight in china.

OP
OP
Shinobido Heart
Dec 23, 2017
I've played 2, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 but NEVER touched the Empires or Xtreme Legends versions of the games for some reason. Probably because I didn't want to buy the same game again for the extra content.

A bit unrelated but Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate was damn good, so many characters and guests, team attacks, and switching between characters to change up gameplay.

lN0SYQ.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
I think they need to add some kind of non combat strategy layer to the mainline games. That and better level and mission design.

But we are not gonna get any of that cause budget.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
They should do a Mortal Kombat musou game. Tons of characters to work with and they're already seen fighting hordes of enemies in the recent story modes.

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
I hope they do a Super Smash Bros. Musou.

But really, any Koei Tecmo collaboration with Nintendo is fine by me.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Haven't played too much musou since Dynasty warriors 7, but gave my 2 cents. 9 seemed promising initally, but man seemed to have been pretty bad.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
Just stop cutting out content, like weapons in 9 or characters in Warriors Orochi 4 and Pirate Warriors 4. Don't release a game with eight playable characters in it. These are very easy solutions to these problems.

A bit unrelated but Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate was damn good, so many characters and guests, team attacks, and switching between characters to change up gameplay.

lN0SYQ.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

This game was my intro point into the entire Warriors genre. Besides Pirate Warriors, no other game has even come close to the sheer amount of quality content in this game. I still go back and play this game over 4 any day of the week.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I've played 2, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 but NEVER touched the Empires or Xtreme Legends versions of the games for some reason. Probably because I didn't want to buy the same game again for the extra content.

lN0SYQ.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
damn this really sold me, kinda missed musou games. ryu habusa is in!? and I think I got this on games with gold. Consider me sold.

ImaPlayThis

Oct 26, 2017

lN0SYQ.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
My god WO3 Ultimate was so damn good, the sheer character variety (Sophitia from Soul Calibur to be the most random but awesome) and the additional modes like gauntlet mode made this just so damn good to play, definitely the high point in the WO series imo.

If you're interested in Empires games I have played DW 4, 6, 8 and Samurai Warriors 4 empires. The best Empires game imo is DW6 Empires or Samurai Warriors 4 Empires. Although seeing where it all began with DW4e is definitely good to and tons of fun in it's own right.

Where do I enter I want Hyrule warriors 2

As for Hyrule Warriors 2, I'd love to see that but right now I just want to see a Final Fantasy musou game

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure which musou it was, but I remember being pissed when they changed the weapons on some of the characters. As long as they don't pull that shit again, I'll be happy with what comes our way.

mintylurb

Oct 25, 2017
Not really liking some of the questions.. I can already picture 200+ dlc and $70 price tag for the next version.
What kind of downloadable contents would you like next for the Dynasty Warriors series? What kind of items would you like to have in a deluxe version of a Dynasty Warriors game?
Do hope they make another gundang musou for pc/ps5/xbsx.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
I didn't hate 9, but I don't think an open world is worth doing if they can't make the most of it. Roaming around digital China was neat for a time, and I maintain that the day/night and general weather systems were actually really nice (but wasted on an overlarge, poorly designed environment). However, the battlefields were often indistinct. And as much as I'm impressed that they had story modes for all 90+ characters, they were far too bloated. Way too many battles that were repeated without alteration for almost every character. Chop the fat and focus on battles and events that made these officers distinct.

I wouldn't mind larger maps for singular battles if they keep the elements like sprinting--some of the increased scale was effective--but I don't think the side activities of the open world justify its existence. There were some pretty environments tucked away if you explored them, but they had little bearing on the core gameplay. I'd have preferred the design work of those areas went into giving the battlefields some flavor. And I certainly don't mind if they deviate from the likely reality of battlefields of the era if the reality leads to bland, flat maps.

The combat system I'd have to return to to really put together my thoughts on it together. If I remember, I ultimately thought it was a bit unengaging. If you're the kind of person who likes to combo enemies for 100 hits, then you may have liked it. Personally, I thought it robbed the characters of their uniqueness (beyond the obvious move sharing that came with overhauling combat for 90+ characters), especially the sort of uniqueness that they were getting at with DW8's dlc and expansion characters. Those gimmicks were good. And in 9, I found myself trying to combine weapon attributes to dispose of enemies the quickest, as there were just too many opponents for how long they took to die. That wraps a bit back around to the bloat part of the equation. The unique elements in each character's moveset just did not hold enough interest for the duration of each one's story.

Keep the direction they were going with the character designs though. Those were some of the series' best.

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for sharing, my feedback is pretty much useless since I'm" going to buy whatever Omega Force releases anyway but hopefully they take the useful feedback and we get another DW6>DW7 size improvement from DW9 (which I really enjoyed still). I imagine most of the groundwork has already been laid for Samurai Warriors 5.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I loved DW8, so I hope we get something more like that in the future. I know Koei is actually trying to diversify what Warriors games actually are like, but some of the more disappointing takes have not come from offshoot iterations like Fire Emblem or Zelda but their recent entries into Dynasty and Samurai Warriors.

Oct 25, 2017
Gameplay wise I would say go back to 8 or Pirate Warriors 4 route and go back to levels. Character Designs wise keep going with 9 I really like how a lot of the characters looked in that game. Also give me an Empires mode or another Empires entry (I love Empires.)