• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Give me a (good) new NINJA GAIDEN Damn it! Hell pull a sonic and do a retrofaux "16 BIT" entry and a new entry!

I just need more gaiden!

JNH

Oct 27, 2017
France
I got AOT2 today, I'm happyyyy !
It's way more immersive than I expected. I'm glad to put confidence in KT on this game, atm I love it !

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm deciding between getting AOT2 on Switch or PS4.

I really like how it looks on PS4 and stuff like the building destruction is better there, but I'm also impressed with the switch version and could see myself playing this game casually handheld at my desk.

Nov 9, 2017
I wish their advertising for DLC in-game would reflect what you purchased. Played Hyrule Warriors and Fire Emblem Warriors and bought all the DLC for both, but still see ads for DLC that I've already bought :/

Uraizen

Oct 26, 2017
Oooh, perfect, didn't know someone from K-T was here.

KoeiTecmoAmerica what happened to this bundle on Steam?

Gust costume bonus bundle: Blue Reflection & Nights of Azure2
This special bundle contains;
- BLUE REFLECTION (base game)
- Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon (base game)
- Aluche themed costume for Hinako (a DLC for BLUE REFLECTION)
- Blue High School Uniform (a DLC for Nights of Azure 2)

I went as far as to search steamdb and saw the bundle once existed, but the store page is now gone. The information is still mentioned on the relevant game pages.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Great news.

Saw on the other thread that it's based on the SW4/DW8 iteration of the engine, which is understandable lol
Yep. Definitely the easiest way to import all of the characters from both series, though I do hope they include the DW9 newcomers, as well.

WO4 Yay!

Marie Rose will be in this 100%.
Marie Rose is hilarious in Warriors All-Stars and it would be a crime for her to not come back for WO4.

Magyscar

Oct 25, 2017
I would be surprised if everyone in All-Stars isn't in WO4.

And if Nemea isn't back I'll be sad :(

Oct 27, 2017
Now that Assault on Titan 2 launched on Steam, does anyone know if the launch period DLCs (Plain clothes Outfit) are exclusive costumes, that will be unavailable after the launch period (like with most Koei Tecmo titles), or are they just early unlocks? I ask because on Steam, they say "Early Release".

And what about the "Hange & Erwin Plain clothes Outfit Early Release" DLC, how can one get it on Steam?
This DLC is listed on Steamdb, and on consoles, I believe it was a pre-order bonus, but you couldn't pre-order the game on Steam, and unlike the other two Plain clothes DLCs, it's not listed on the Store.
thanks

Oct 25, 2017
Tecmo are great. They are responsible for so many good gaming memories for me.

BhdPTsG.gif

kSRpWPe.gif

UVRI5R2.gif

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Just started downloading Attack on Titan 2 on my Switch. I enjoyed the first one, and I'm looking forward to the new one!

JNH

Oct 27, 2017
France
I wish I had another console. AOT2 on Switch is really slow sometimes. I'm glad I didn't pay 70€.
It's still enjoyable, the story mode is very cool, and fun in multiplayer. The game is great, I love it. But really, if you have the choice, avoid the Switch version.

Joluli

Nov 4, 2017
I would love to see a new installement in the fatal frame series.

Do we know which internal developer studio covered the development of fatal frame?
I guess it's not Omega Force or Gust

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017

Do we know which internal developer studio covered the development of fatal frame?
The series originated with Tecmo and, with the exception of FF4, which was made by Grasshopper, it's always been Tecmo or KT staff predominantly unassociated with a studio like Team Ninja or Omega Force.

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017

I don't think they have a name, just listed as Tecmo. Seems Nintendo helped with the later ones. Personally I'd like Nintendo to let go of their half of the rights if they don't intend to give a shit about Fatal Frame.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think they have a name, just listed as Tecmo. Seems Nintendo helped with the later ones. Personally I'd like Nintendo to let go of their half of the rights if they don't intend to give a shit about Fatal Frame.
Personally, I'd prefer Nintendo and KT make a kick-ass Fatal Frame for the Switch, or at the very least a polished port of Maiden of Black Water. The only support I'd argue needs improving is NOA's willingness to release the games in North America. We never got Fatal Frame 4 or the Fatal Frame II Wii port. Just Spirit Camera and a digital release of Maiden of Black Water.

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
Personally, I'd prefer Nintendo and KT make a kick-ass Fatal Frame for the Switch, or at the very least a polished port of Maiden of Black Water. The only support I'd argue needs improving is NOA's willingness to release the games in North America. We never got Fatal Frame 4 or the Fatal Frame II Wii port. Just Spirit Camera and a digital release of Maiden of Black Water.
I'd be all for a Switch Fatal Frame, be it a port or remake or new project. NoA needs to step it up. As it stands, we cannot get another Fatal Frame without Nintendo as a whole, and support from them so far has been lacking in the West. I want them to either do something with the franchise or cough it up back to KT. Of course, that's assuming they'd make a new one.

DeejayDoom

Oct 25, 2017
All pricing for PC Steam is handled on the Japanese side... I have brought this topic up.

I assume you never got an answer about this? because they did the same with the new Atelier, and honestly, it's just hurting your sales, given Russia is one of top countries, sales wise, on Steam.

This is Far Cry 5, just released:

Dynasty Warriors 9, from 1 month ago:

And then:

I think it's pretty obvious that something is really wrong there.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Attack on Titan 2 is a lot more fun than the first so far. The whole OC insert protagonist is a bit odd at times, but there are some neat mechanical twists to the basic gameplay. I'll need to play some with the Switch undocked to see how it handles in handheld mode.

JNH

Oct 27, 2017
France
Honestly I think AOT2 is good in handeld mode. I play 80% docked on most games but the minimap is too tiny for me on my TV so I tried handeld and... Surprise, I like it. Nothing to do with Xenoblade 2 lol.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ive badically bought every game they have released so far in NA for the switch, I disnt expect this.

PadPoet

Lead Community Manager at Socialpoint
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Barcelona
Love the NInja Gaiden series and Nioh!

KT Europe folks that work there are also good friends! Keep in touch with Chin even though he left KT some time ago.

Great gifs Ellis

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
I'm salivating at the idea of sinking another 150h+ into a new Warriors Orochi game. It being based around DW8 for engine i assume none of the new characters from 9 will be in it. There was so much good in WO3U, the mystics stages were all super well crafted and the cast was <3.

I do wonder what they'll do for story this time, how can they top the hydra? I mean in WO3U post-hydra you had kyuubi as a villain, i'm hoping this time they add hundun and more godly beasts like him, maybe Orochi could somehow manage to gain dominion over those mystical deities. They could probably even includes, as playable, the 3 or 4 unique playable characters that were in Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce 2 (obviously minus their fury forms) perhaps even bring this old dude back who was the antagonist of Strikeforce 2, Shi Huangdi i think. He totally fit the Warriors Orochi aesthetic and he can even transform into a monstrous beast if need arise. So many possibilities to go nuts with the story.

latest

Kvik

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Downunder.
Hey guys, does anyone here have any experience in modding K-T/Gust games?

I have a need to convert a .dds texture file back into Gust's .g1t format. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing DW8 recently because of the Warriors Orochi 4 reveal, mostly because I want to know which characters are going to be drastically different from how they played in WO3U. Some random thoughts:
  • I think the most immediate thing that struck out to me is the jumping. Jumping (and the momentum behind jumps and jump attacking) is really, really weird in DW8. I think using Zhang He's air attacks in DW8, and comparing it to how they work in WO3U, makes it really obvious; jumping is just really floaty in DW8. It's not a bad change, as characters that can jump cancel are absurdly fun to play in DW8, though you get really bizarre moments sometimes (like try using Cao Cao's jump charge attack after dismounting; the momentum makes no sense at all)

• On that note, I really love (and really hate) the jump cancelling in DW8. I love it because the characters that have the ability (i.e. Yue Jin, Wang Yi, Zhong Hui etc.) are an absolute blast to play, while I absolutely hate playing characters that don't have the ability. It's such a vast difference imo, like compare the ease of just jumping over and attacking an opponent from behind, to trying to guard break an officer but getting interrupted for the characters with no such option

• I am still not a fan of the RPS system at all. Combo's getting cancelled when I don't want, or having to deal with multiple officers with different elements, are all intrusive in a way I really don't like.
  • Babysitting the AI on the harder difficulties in DW8 is such a nuisance. I vastly prefer how WO3U does things, where AI generals will still get into trouble if they're scripted to, but typically don't drop like flies for no reason and actually have higher health on higher difficulties.

• I've noticed something about the characters that went from sharing a weapon, to being the sole owner of one (e.g. Sun Quan with generic sword, Jia Xu with chain and sickle, Xiao Qiao with the fa). It seems like they got the most generic moveset/variation of a weapon in DW8 (i.e. Jia Xu didn't keep any of his unique attacks from his decloned sickle in WO3U, he just straight up inherited Gan Ning's moveset sans the EX move). I imagine this was probably down to WO3U being a weird, Frankenstein mishmash of DW7 and SW3's engines, while DW8 was probably separate from that (while still building on DW7) hence why it didn't bring over anything from WO3.

• Some of the new movesets feel really hit and miss. Xiahou Yuan's Bow N Rod is an awesome compromise between his Bow and Rod movesets, and Yue Jin's hookswords are just amazing, while others feels really bad, like the General Sword (feels like it has poor range for what's supposed to be a projectile moveset) and Li Dian's weird spinning top on a stick (it's really slow and the attack animations are poorly telegraphed, making them really hard to see when there's tons of goons on screen). I'm still trying out all the characters but there have been more misses for me

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Do the Atelier games ever go on sale? Interested in getting into the series via the Vita Plus releases.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I'm considering getting One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 while it's on sale, but I'm not sure whether or not I'll like it.

Is it a traditional DW game, or does it do something different like Dragon Quest?

I liked 5XL, Hyrule and DQH, but 8XL was too overwhelming for me. Does this ease you into things, or does it throw you in at the deep end?

Also, is the combat fun/challenging? DQH was fun because getting killed was a possibility on that, and enemies would actually fight back.

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
I just remembered what the worst change of DW8 was

Horse musou doesn't deal any damage in that game. You'll still go fast but any enemies you run over while sprinting don't take damage or anything. Even DW9 got that right (actually, that game did it way better, since you have regular horse sprinting, and musou sprinting can also be held down)

I'm considering getting One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 while it's on sale, but I'm not sure whether or not I'll like it.

Is it a traditional DW game, or does it do something different like Dragon Quest?

I liked 5XL, Hyrule and DQH, but 8XL was too overwhelming for me. Does this ease you into things, or does it throw you in at the deep end?

Also, is the combat fun/challenging? DQH was fun because getting killed was a possibility on that, and enemies would actually fight back.

I can't really provide any details (I don't own the game, also haven't played most games you've listed) but I do know Pirate Warriors 2 is definitely more on the "classic Musou formula" side of Koei games

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
PW3 sure is more on the classic side of things, but the gameplay is so fun and fast that it feels pretty different imo. The roster is also pretty huge.
I can only recommend it (done so a few times in the last few days :D)

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone here got the platinum for Orochi 3 Ultimate, or at least the trophy to get all the mystic weapons? I have a question regarding acquiring them. I already know you need a specific character in a specific stage and its usually kill x amount of troops + some officers but where can you see said requirements? I know there're tons of guides out there for each characters but i'm curious as to how the requirements were found, is it written somewhere in-game?