• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wasn't directing that anger toward you to be clear but I took your comment to mean that since the XB1 doesn't sell well over there they wont even bother with a port here in America.

I'm not asking for them to market it for those in Japan for the platform I'm asking why isn't the XB1 even on the table for eventual release. Too many Japanese publishers ignore ports for their games to the platform and I don't quite understand why. The Kingdom Hearts collection comes to mind where there is clearly a market for the games on the Xbox platform here in America with many asking for it but they're not releasing it for the system while releasing KH3. What's up with that?
Xbox only gets small Japanese's ports when Phil travels to japan. If you want Japanese games you bought the wrong platform. PS4 or switch is what you will need.
I see you have a PS4, Japanese games are rarely graphics pushing so I don't see why you wouldn't play them there. Can't be to much of a difference.

Last edited:

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
Warriors Orochi was based on the DW8/SW4 engine because it reuses assets from those game and Samurai Warriors 4 was still the most recent game.

Warriors Orochi 4 also sold much better on PS4 than Switch so being on the domestic market leader isn't exactly a massive advantage.

True, but 50K+ for the first legit entry on a Nintendo system in years isn't exactly horrible.

You could be right, but so far 90% of KT's output is hitting Switch and Samurai Warriors isn't exactly the type of franchise KT is probably going to push for the West.

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
Surely DW9 isn't that much of a disaster that they're discarding the engine wholesale?

I would expect Samurai Warriors to be on that engine, and hence skipping Switch.

Depends how safe they wanna play it. I think we will still see 1 more "traditional" style SW game before they thrust open world upon it.

The only other thing i can think of is that its a brand new Ip.

Super Havoc

Banned
Aug 24, 2018
The Haven
Xbox only gets small Japanese's ports when Phil travels to japan. If you want Japanese games you bought the wrong platform. PS4 or switch is what you will need.
I see you have a PS4, Japanese games are rarely graphics pushing so I don't see why you wouldn't play them there. Can't be to much of a difference.

Yeah, I own one but it isn't my preferred system and as I said in another post I gameshare with my family through my Xbox with over 300 games. It matters to be able to share games like this with them too.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
True, but 50K+ for the first legit entry on a Nintendo system in years isn't exactly horrible.

You could be right, but so far 90% of KT's output is hitting Switch and Samurai Warriors isn't exactly the type of franchise KT is probably going to push for the West.

It's an improvement from what Warriors Orochi 3 sold on Wii U, that's for sure.

I don't think KT is going to ignore the large investment they made in the new technology(and they're definitely not according to Eolz), and Samurai Warriors would almost certainly use that technology for the next major release.

I also think the fact that they're just now bringing the XL version of DW8 to Switch probably means that it's not feasible to downscale the new games/engine that much otherwise that would be a DW9 port.

Oct 26, 2017
horse racing

edit:

Horse Racing Musou

The site updated with a pic showing two horses:

https://www.gamecity.ne.jp/new20181206/

visualaydpc.jpg

Championship Jockey Warriors could be a reality! O_o

Now the Switch will TRULY be stable!

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
The announcement of Samurai Warriors 4 DX probably means this is Samurai Warriors 5.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The eternal insane optimist in me hopes it's a new RPG style Romance of the Three Kingdoms in the vein of X.

But it's just a Musou All-Stars title.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Fated battle? I got nothing. They license up with anime. Maybe Dragonball Super? I still dream of them teaming up for either Marvel or DC in Musou form. Wolverine was born for the Genre and with all the crazy powers in those universes and generic robot/alien enemies to fight it'd be an easy thing to slop together grunts to take on.

EDIT:
aaaaaaaaaaaaand now there are horses so yeah none of the things I guessed.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Well, it's not a Musou game. That's... good?

(I've never played any of these horse-racing simulators before. Are they any good?)

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Wait
Horses?
Jojo musou?!?!?!?!

Edit- oh a new winning post game? It better be anime as fuck because of that teaser.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If it's not Something Something Empires, Nobunaga's Ambition, or three kingdoms I am apathetic.

Chalphy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Winning Post doesn't seem big enough to warrant an announcement of an announcement. Am I just out of touch?

Vinnk

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
The Winning post series used to sell quite well but horse racing games in general have been in steep decline. Will this one bring it back?

Either way this news seems really anticlimactic.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
The Winning post series used to sell quite well but horse racing games in general have been in steep decline. Will this one bring it back?

Either way this news seems really anticlimactic.
I do give credit to Koei Tecmo's marketing having fun with this. It certainly got a lot of people on Era to pay attention, at least. :P