• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheKidObi

Oct 27, 2017
Coping that next gen version mamba forever edition. I skipped 2k20 needed the break. I need a sport game to play for next gen.

Last edited:

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I was wondering, I have zero interest in BB, and didn't really follow the story, but is he or isn't he a fucking rapist? And if he is, why are people on here whining about his death?!
In short, he was very credibly accused of rape and used his influence and money to bully the accuser into silence. He then went back to a very successful career as a basketball legend with almost zero repercussions. It's a sensitive subject, like with many "celebrity heroes", and his death has made it more difficult to discuss those events in a level-headed manner.

I firmly stand on the side that his career should have been toast and if he wasn't in the position he was in, he'd have faced justice and prison time.

oldboss

Nov 9, 2017
In short, he was very credibly accused of rape and used his influence and money to bully the accuser into silence. He then went back to a very successful career as a basketball legend with almost zero repercussions. It's a sensitive subject, like with many "celebrity heroes", and his death has made it more difficult to discuss those events in a level-headed manner.

I firmly stand on the side that his career should have been toast and if he wasn't in the position he was in, he'd have faced justice and prison time.

God DAMN. And this is supposed to be a progressive place? Hypocritical pieces of shit.

Garlador Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
Oh right, that happened this year as well. I had nearly forgotten because of all the shit that's happened recently. Feels so long ago.

Oct 27, 2017
This feels very cynical and I don't think Kobe would've agreed to this if he knew that this game is a lootbox infested shitfest targeted to abuse vulnerable people,

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Hope they are giving a good chunk of the revenue raised from selling this edition to the Mamba Foundation or something and not just a way to bring in eyes to this deluxe edition.

Still can't believe Kobe is gone

Oneandonly16

Mar 11, 2019
This feels very cynical and I don't think Kobe would've agreed to this if he knew that this game is a lootbox infested shitfest targeted to abuse vulnerable people,
He was in the cover of 2k17, ya know, the year he retired. If he had a problem with the game having loot boxes he would have expressed that while alive I'd assume.

Last edited:

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
When he died the first thing that came to my mind was that 2K would put him on the cover... then I went crazy and thought "imagine if they put him on a special edition but the extra money you pay goes to some basketball foundation / something like that instead of 2K. LOL, how silly

BanGy

Oct 25, 2017
LMAO
3047800-nba.jpg

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
God DAMN. And this is supposed to be a progressive place? Hypocritical pieces of shit.

Garlador Thanks for taking the time to answer.
Going to point out that the woman who accused him was treated so badly by him and his lawyers they actually had to change the law in that state afterwards for how they deal with rape victims

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
What's your point here? 2-3 people maybe said that in your topic and you chose to contribute to this discussion with that? You were right...you should be happy it came true.
I chose to contribute to this discussion noticing that everybody who posted before me either didn't take issue with him being on the cover or were evening posting with tribute to him.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
if its called mamba forever edition, why would it be anyone else on the cover? am i missing something here?

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
if its called mamba forever edition, why would it be anyone else on the cover? am i missing something here?

Wow, you're right, since it's called that it's impossible for them not to charge a premium for a version with a recently deceased athlete on the cover.

They really lucked out that the random name generator didn't select some no-name rookie or something.

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
I don't follow sports games, aren't they supposed to reflect the current teams' rosters?

There are legacy teams (notable teams from every year), on top whatever additional mode there could be with Kobe.

I'll be picking one up and I definitely need a poster of the two covers. Disappointed in the $100 premium for cross gen support though, but not surprised. I really hope others don't follow this.

TiC

Banned
Jul 12, 2019
There are 2 camps of outraged people currently in this thread, one upset at taking advantage of a celebrity's death and one upset at celebrating a rapist.

And a third camp just happy.

Mansa Mufasa

Jun 17, 2019
Toronto

He went back to his successful career? You're going to ignore the advocacy for women and all the work he did to uplift that Female Basketball community?

Calvinien

Banned
Jul 13, 2019
Why derail the thread? Im a member of the 2K community and I'd like to just discuss Kobe's career, his impact on basketball and his complex legacy. But if you want to derail the thread please just make a separate thread and do it there.

I feel like the rape part of his legacy supercedes the non-rape parts. There are plenty of talented athletes who manage not to sexually assault people and it is kindof weird that on resetera of all places to have people say "yeah but he was real good at sportball tho"