• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
SinkFla

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Loudly trying to solicit sidebets on the floor of majors is going to get you ping'd.
I'm not sure what he was expecting.
This ain't a salty suite. This ain't your weekly regional.

I didn't pick up on the sidebet thing initially since I'm listening through a phone with a shitty speaker lol. But yeah that's not cool at all. Still, better way of handling things.

Also, this is not a fuck FGC thread. I'm a part of it. CB and CEO have had their fuck ups but one Google search will allow you to find a lot of BS that's transpired at Evo and some not so nice things about Mr. Wiz himself.

OP
OP
SinkFla

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Should be "Top Tekken breaks the rules and then is upset Mr. Wiz threatened to eject him for breaking the rules"

Shit I'm fine with that. Anything better than people everything too literally lmao. My talked to like trash thing is literally how it was being discussed on Twitter. As you can see above I didn't even pick up on the side bet.

Deleted member 13707

Account closed at user request
Oct 27, 2017
This wouldn't have happened if you actually made Top 8 once in a full moon...

Play like trash, get treated like trash Kappa

In ALL seriousness, this is pretty standard for sporting events. There's making noise, and then there's just being an asshole, and disrupting the show for others. What happened here was pretty cut and dry

OP
OP
SinkFla

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
This wouldn't have happened if you actually made Top 8 once in a full moon...

Play like trash, get treated like trash Kappa

In ALL seriousness, this is pretty standard for sporting events. There's making noise, and then there's just being an asshole, and disrupting the show for others. What happened here was pretty cut and dry

LMFAO. Gotdamn

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
It's amazing to me how suddenly being told to "shut up or leave" is too rude in Pokchop's book of all people lol! You'd think this guy is okay with this kind of language:

Last edited:

Aztorian

Jan 3, 2018
In ALL seriousness, this is pretty standard for sporting events
Any event really. There was a concert and a woman was pulled out of the crowd because she was literally making too much noise it was actually louder than the music from the concert. Can you imagine someone being this extra for attention?

OP
OP
SinkFla

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
It's amazing to me how suddenly being told to "shut up or leave" is too rude in Pokchop's books of all people! You'd think this guy is okay with this kind of language:

LMAO. I take everything back. Ban this man from all events until he can... Not be himself.

And to the above: Combo Breaker and CEO are both a million times better than Evo.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
The problem here is the usual FGC vs eSports divide. Sidebetting used to be commonplace even back in 2013 when I was at Evo, and I'm sure it's common even now.

But Wizard and Evo are trying to be eSports. Evo has become more of a convension and less of a grassroots tourney. Fighting game publishers view it as a marketing event. Sort of their own version of E3.

What Pokchop did isnt wrong from a traditional FGC perspective. What Wizard did isnt wrong from a modern eSports perspective. How you feel about this depends on your stance on the FGC vs eSports debate.

I guess I'm looking at If there are ground rules on when you can or can't do something at EVO. If you didn't set those rules for attendees, then let the man be as loud and obnoxious as he wants. If the rules are there for the attendees, then yeah, Porkchop is in the wrong. I havent seen anything where people say this man broke the rules or anything.

OP
OP
SinkFla

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
I guess I'm looking at If there are ground rules on when you can or can't do something at EVO. If you didn't set those rules for attendees, then let the man be as loud and obnoxious as he wants. If the rules are there for the attendees, then yeah, Porkchop is in the wrong. I havent seen anything where people say this man broke the rules or anything.

Pokchop is obnoxious as fuck but yeah I've seen people be way louder than that at both Evo and other tournies. This side betting thing coming to light though is bad and kinda shits on his argument if it's something Mr. wiz looks down upon (even though people are still doing money matches as far as I know?)

But Mr. Wiz is an ass himself. Anyone who has followed the FGC for the past decade and knows the stories can confirm this. He also likes to drop hard R on occasion.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Seems like he was screaming obnoxiously and trying to run side bets so...yeah...you're going to get talked to.

data

Oct 25, 2017
It sounds like everyone here is bad in this regard.

EVO really just brings out the worst in people

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
tenor.gif

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Thread closed per OP's request.

Status