• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Real or fake

• Team real

Votes: 111 19.6%
  • Team fake

Votes: 456 80.4%

• Total voters

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Star wars FEELS like trying too hard these days. This looks exactly like that 🤔

Find me an example or two of SW teasers/trailers using a borderline trap beat and off-the-wall character/situation/combat design.

If anything I wish SW did more stuff like this. Outside of certain shows/media it's mostly "look at this epic landscape and music" and "remember this thing". It's still very space opera outside of stuff like Mando.

ginger ninja

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Find me an example or two of SW teasers/trailers using a borderline trap beat and off-the-wall character/situation/combat design.

If anything I wish SW did more stuff like this. Outside of certain shows/media it's mostly "look at this epic landscape and music" and "remember this thing". It's still very space opera outside of stuff like Mando.

Ehh just check the teaser/first trailer of Rise of the Skywalker ? The 'off-the-wall' design here is reminding me off Exogel/Mustafar shots. That's why it's such a convincing fake.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Obviously fake to me lol. Why is it an Imperial Stardestroyer and not a First Order Stardestroyer?

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I mean that's majority of the Star Wars fandom before JJ was ever involved. Falling in love with random shit just cause it looks cool.

I would say the difference is that Abrams led people on purposefully with no intention of a payoff while something like Boba Fett was never held up to greater significance by the film itself.

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Ehh just check the teaser/first trailer of Rise of the Skywalker ? The 'off-the-wall' design here is reminding me off Exogel/Mustafar shots. That's why it's such a convincing fake.

Nope. It's the random slow mo and lightning and jumping from ship to ship in high speed and thumping music. This is not the normal vibe for Star Wars m8

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's fake but... why? Nobody cares about the Knight of Ren. Even the main characters of the sequel trilogy only encountered saw them once, in the distance.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Yes, let's give a show/movie to a group of characters who's biggest claim to fame is a LEGO Halloween special. Oh, and let's get a trailer ready before an Obi Wan or Andor one is out there.

Feb 13, 2018
Japan
It's definitely fake but I want it to be real just because I feel so burned by what the knights ended up being. Just give me anything that retroactively makes them cool somehow, LucasFilm!

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, let's give a show/movie to a group of characters who's biggest claim to fame is a LEGO Halloween special. Oh, and let's get a trailer ready before an Obi Wan or Andor one is out there.
I mean would a show about them really make them worse? Look at Bobba fett before the mandolorian not many people wanted a show about him but now look people are watching it lol

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
No way they're doing anything with these guys. They had every opportunity in RoS to make them look cool, and they jobbed them out like a bunch of absolute chumps.

Gabaghoul582

Banned
Nov 2, 2021
This is the second painfully obvious fake "leak" cam video posted on Era. Why do people keep falling for this. I've seen enough "leaked" Spider-Man 3 trailers back in 2006.

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
It's probably fake, but I would watch it if real. I really want some lightsaber action. Jedi, Sith, The Force. All of that interests me the most in the Star Wars universe.

Min

Oct 25, 2017

It's not the Knights of Ren's fault that the sequel trilogy wasted everything cool to come out of Episode 7.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
its-true-all-of-it.gif

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
If this was real, I would be disappointed if that narrator didn't narrate the whole series

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't matter.
RAjuuEOYtVqw2OUn8dtAhTlJ1WI=.gif

Can't even Boba Fett it because they're unambiguously dead. What do I care who these idiots were.

Be like if Better Call Daul was a prequel to the lawyer who died on the toilet in Jurassic Park

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
It doesn't matter.
RAjuuEOYtVqw2OUn8dtAhTlJ1WI=.gif

Can't even Boba Fett it because they're unambiguously dead. What do I care who these idiots were.

Be like if Better Call Daul was a prequel to the lawyer who died on the toilet in Jurassic Park
My memories of the new trilogy are hazy at best, but can someone remind me where these idiots even showed up in the movies? I remember a single shot of them in a flashback at one point (Last Jedi I think) and then nothing.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My memories of the new trilogy are hazy at best, but can someone remind me where these idiots even showed up in the movies? I remember a single shot of them in a flashback at one point (Last Jedi I think) and then nothing.
A flashback where they stood around

The Rise of Skywalker where they were constantly posing on landscape shots until the last 30 minutes where Kylo Renn kills all of them.

They should've been the dudes he and Rey fought in Snokes throne room. At least losing to two force users would've been more dignified

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York

The Rise of Skywalker where they were constantly posing on landscape shots until the last 30 minutes where Kylo Renn kills all of them.

They should've been the dudes he and Rey fought in Snokes throne room
Damn, I remember the posing but legit could not remember which movie it was from. And I don't think it actually occurred to me at the time while watching RoS that that was who Kylo was fighting.

But yeah, that could have made the throne room fight way more interesting.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I remember the posing but legit could not remember which movie it was from. And I don't think it actually occurred to me at the time while watching RoS that that was who Kylo was fighting.

But yeah, that could have made the throne room fight way more interesting.
I don't blame you for forgetting. They have almost 0 fanfare. They're just...there

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Ignoring someone putting a Lord of the Rings character into star wars, super fake. That X-Wing alone is enough to give it away.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017

They should've been the dudes he and Rey fought in Snokes throne room. At least losing to two force users would've been more dignified
They should've been the main antagonists for the third movie.