• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Only just heard about this game for the first time today, and it looks so good! I don't think I have the time or money to buy it at launch, but the second it hits some sort of PSN sale, I'm in!

TripOpt55

Oct 25, 2017
Is it still fun single-player or do you really need a buddy to enjoy it? My schedule just isn't accommodating for playing with people nowadays. I think it looks super fun though and enjoyed the dev's former stuff at Media Molecule :D

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Only just heard about this game for the first time today, and it looks so good! I don't think I have the time or money to buy it at launch, but the second it hits some sort of PSN sale, I'm in!

You should try and find the money for it. It's a game that needs and deserves the sales right now.

Is it still fun single-player or do you really need a buddy to enjoy it? My schedule just isn't accommodating for playing with people nowadays. I think it looks super fun though and enjoyed the dev's former stuff at Media Molecule :D

I'm playing it solo, on my laptop, with keyboard controls. It's still a blast. AI is working very well.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I finished the game earlier tonight.

Overall I had a damn good time with it, although I'll be honest I did find the quality of the levels/days started to dip in the second half.

There just seemed to be a lot more wacky and charming scenarios in the first half, and I didn't particularly enjoy a lot of the puzzles and combat scenarios by the end.

The writing and humour was always top notch, though.

Last edited:

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I am so keen to grab this! My partner and I will have an awesome time playing once we finish Sword of Ditto.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I finished the game earlier tonight.

Overall I had a damn good time with it, although I'll be honest I did find the quality of the levels/days started to dip in the second half.

There just seemed to be a lot more wacky and charming scenarios in the first half, and I didn't particularly enjoy a lot of the puzzles and combat scenarios by the end.

The writing and humour was always top notch, though.

I'm not that far into the game myself, but yeah, the writing is absolutely excellent in this game. Love the dialogs.

Shogun

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like this got buried on Steam, fully expected it to show up in the new and trending section but nothing so far.

Honome

Jan 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
More people should play this, what an adorable game!

I am playing coop with my daughter and she is absolutely loving it. We're on the 3rd day and already had tons of fun playing it. The only downside is that there is no localization for our language, but since i am playing with her i can translate everything.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like this game is unfortunately gonna get lost in the sea of releases that's occuring at the moment, which is a shame because it's great.

At least us kick-starters have been pleased with what we've got.

OP
OP
janusff

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I feel like this game is unfortunately gonna get lost in the sea of releases that's occuring at the moment, which is a shame because it's great.

At least us kick-starters have been pleased with what we've got.
Can't help but think if this game released like 2 weeks earlier, what sort of attention it would be getting compared to now. They really couldn't have picked a worse week to release this game.

Oct 26, 2017
This totally snuck up on me. Had kind of fell behind keeping up with the backer updates so was pleasantly surprised to see it's out! Can';t wait to get into it.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Late review by Gamespot, but a good one. 8/10

THE GOOD
  • Perfectly captures the escapist thrill of childhood play
  • Demelza and Nessa are all too real characters even when their heads are full of fantasy
  • The story barrels along with all the energy of a hyperactive kid
  • Local co-op is the ideal match to the overall tone

THE BAD
  • The puzzles can feel a little lightweight
  • The combat can get repetitive

OP
OP
janusff

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
the wife and i have slowly been going through this but we're really enjoying it. it's incredibly charming. loved the medieval pizza party :p

she also said, without knowing who was behind the game, that it reminded her of tearaway :p

good stuff so far. we just finished day 2.

Bate

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I finished the game yesterday. And while I adore the artstyle and the way the game evokes the imagination you have as a child, I found the gameplay to be a bit monotonous. Combat and traversal weren't a challenge separate from the moments when the camera wasn't obscuring the path. I would have preferred a more open approach to the level design as well, so that I could explore the world at my own pace. I always felt a like I was being herded through the gorgeous environments. That dragged a bit towards the end because the gameplay never really evolves or changes. All in all, I had a really good time and enjoyed being in this magical picturebook world of the two friends.

Tedmilk

Avenger
Nov 13, 2017
Me and the lady completed it on Sunday night. Overall we had a good time despite a few niggles. I agree that the gameplay got a bit stale but the game didn't overstay its welcome. One thing that annoyed me was we were playing through my account and while all the trophies we got popped for me, only around half of them popped for her. She's now insisting we do a second playthrough on her account. Hmph. Does anybody know why this might happen?

OP
OP
janusff

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Me and the lady completed it on Sunday night. Overall we had a good time despite a few niggles. I agree that the gameplay got a bit stale but the game didn't overstay its welcome. One thing that annoyed me was we were playing through my account and while all the trophies we got popped for me, only around half of them popped for her. She's now insisting we do a second playthrough on her account. Hmph. Does anybody know why this might happen?
whenever i play co op with the wifey, this seems to happen in just about every game we play together. it's a bummer cause we both want those trophies.

Wouwie

Oct 27, 2017
I bought this a while ago but only started playing this week.

Presentation wise, this is easily amongst my favourite games ever, which is not surprising at all if you look at the credits. Rex is one of my favourite artists in games. I thought Tearaway looked fantastic and this game does aswell. It also has a great soundtrack and neat sound effects. The whole package is amazing from a presentation point of view. It is obvious that a lot of passion and hard work went into making this game. I also like the thematics, the characters and the story.

However, the gameplay isn't really doing it for me unfortunately. It mostly consists of having to go to a certain place and perform some actions, mostly mini games (which aslo include combat) to evolve the story. The thing is, i don't like the bike steering mechanics (i find them frustrating at best) and the combat isn't very fun either. Since i'm playing solo, the competition mini games aren't all that interesting either. So the main reason why i haven't given up on the game yet is to see how the story evolves and for the visuals.

I'm playing solo which is never ideal for a co-op game and i assume playing this in co-op, as it was intended, would be a whole other and probably better experience. However, i'm not sure if the gameplay would have remained interested, even in co-op.

It's a bit of a shame this game didn't have more compelling gameplay because presentation wise, this is totally my thing. It's imaginative, fresh, colorful and it looks amazing.

Last edited:

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
It's coming to Switch on Feb 6th:

Knights and Bikes is coming to NINTENDO SWITCH on February 6th!

It's the perfect fit - Slide out a Joy-Con and pass to a friend to co-op the adventure wherever you are (Playing while actually cycling not advised)

Pre order TODAY from the Nintendo e-shop and get 10% off!

Oct 27, 2017
It's coming to Switch on Feb 6th:

That's weird; I just got a backer update email with this exact information. I wonder what took them so long to communicate this.

Anyway, kind of sad to see do little activity in here, but I'm guilty too as despite being a backer I've barely played it. It's such a cute and charming game but it's well and truly on the back burner for me.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone want to sell me on this? I'm interested but I don't know much about it. Is it sort of a narrative driven, light puzzle game?

OP
OP
janusff

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I'll also say that what I liked most about the game was its charm, which it has in abundance. It's a really charming, warm game. Gameplay wise there's not a lot here that was anything more than mildly engaging, particularly the puzzles. I kinda liked just fucking about on the bikes the most. So, if a games feel/vibe can go a long way for you, you should check it out.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll also say that what I liked most about the game was its charm, which it has in abundance. It's a really charming, warm game. Gameplay wise there's not a lot here that was anything more than mildly engaging, particularly the puzzles. I kinda liked just fucking about on the bikes the most. So, if a games feel/vibe can go a long way for you, you should check it out.

Yeah, sounds up my alley. Think I'll pick it up.

Genetrik

Oct 27, 2017
Question: I finished the game and would like to do the missing trophies. But it doesn't look like you can continue the game afterwards. So do I have to reload the old bookmark saved that are per day? If I wanna go back to the city can I only do that eg on a specific day / bookmark save?