• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017

BIG REVEAL! Knights And Bikes has gone GOLD & will be released on... well, we'll let Captain Honkers do the honours! Our hand-painted Goonies inspired adventure will launch on PS4 & Steam (PC/MAC/LINUX)
*Cute video with the 27th Aug. release date*

In case you don't know this game that was announced long time ago, this page should fill you in.
KNIGHTS AND BIKES is a hand-painted action-adventure for 1 or 2 players, set on a British island in the 1980s.

It's a coming-of-age story starring Nessa & Demelza, exploring the coasts of Penfurzy on their trusty bikes, looking for a legendary lost treasure in a Goonies-inspired tale of excitement, danger, fun and friendship.

This is Foam Sword's first project, a London based studio made by former LittleBigPlanet programmer Moo Yu and Tearaway creative chief Rex Crowle (I guess the art style was already telling!).

ICYMI :

- The reveal trailer from 2016:

- Some gameplay from April:

- A cute gif:
KnightsAndBikes_GoosePetting.gif

Last edited:

bulletyen

Nov 12, 2017
Man, finally. Thought this would never see the light of day. Any chance for physical/retail release? LRG etc.

OP
OP
Maxime

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
In anticipation of people asking after seeing the "co-op" on the gameplay video thumbnail: The game is single player and local / online co-op!

hEist

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, received the message in the Kickstarter Mail last night, so excited about it.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
For some reason, I saw the name and thought it was some Road Rage game set in medieval times.

Game looks great!

Wolfman.JD

Nov 24, 2017
Day one for me, missed out on the Kickstarter but I've intently followed the development for 3 years now! Can't wait.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Oh cool. This was one of those indie (kickstarted) games that looked cool that kinda disappeared from my radar, but I occasionally wondered what had happened with it. I didn't remember the name so I couldn't check it out.

Pleasant surprise it's releasing already. Hope it's good.

Wouwie

Oct 27, 2017
Visually this has always looked amazing (as expected by Rex) and i remember the trailer music being awesome aswell.

Despite having seen some gameplay videos, i'm still not sure what the main gameplay is about. Is it adventure/exploration/puzzles or more action orientated/collecting/crafting RPG alike? Also, co-op games tend to be less fun in single player (which is the way i would play it) with a few exceptions so curious to see how it will be playing in SP.

Last edited:

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome, been following this one for a long time and was into their pitch since the reveal. It is coming in a tough window though, same day as Control, Wreckfest, Decay of Logos, HUNT, Ancestors and just a few days before Man of Medan, Blair Witch and Astral Chain. There's just so much on that window, that I fear this might be overshadowed by bigger names

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
100% in on PS4. Been looking forward to this game for awhile. What's the price going to be?

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Backer of this, and it's been great to follow this campaign. Great regular updates, beta testing, promised versions at release, and the game looks splendid in the trailers.

Remember to support this game if you think it looks interesting. This is a perfect example for how to do kickstarter games.

AM_LIGHT

Oct 30, 2017
I am confused , didn't MS buy them a couple of months ago ? Why is this game being released on Steam and PS4 then ?

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I am confused , didn't MS buy them a couple of months ago ? Why is this game being released on Steam and PS4 then ?

MS bought Double Fine, who are the publishers, not the devs.
And MS will release games on Steam themselves, as well as allowing Double Fine to keep their commitments of releasing Psychonauts 2 on Steam and Ps4

Oct 27, 2017
Very nice. I was thinking it'd be later this year - I'm super excited to finally redeem it via my kickstarter pledge!

Gonna be co-oping it with my wife - it's also the fiest time I've backed anything,that she was interested in playing so the anticipation has been killing her with every update

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I was prepared to buy another copy, for co op. But then I checked my pledge, and saw that I already am getting two copies from that. Had completely forgotten about that.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
I've been absolutely dying to play this and opening my email to find a key was an awesome damn birthday gift šŸ˜