• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should Klonoa make a comeback?

• WAHOO

Votes: 64 76.2%
  • WAHOO 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

Votes: 51 60.7%

• Total voters

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone

klonoa-22nd-1.jpg

Although I wish that a few more music tracks were remixed in addition to this very short one, it's still a lovely tribute to one of the greatest OSTs I've ever had the pleasure of listening to, and one of the all-time best games on PS1. The original creators and the fans still haven't forgotten this overlooked masterpiece all these years later and the awesome games that followed.

Please, Namco. It's time to bring Klonoa back from his long slumber. :'(

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Door to Phantomile and Lunatea's Veil are certified masterpieces. It's a sin that the series has laid dormant for so long now.

Although I have a little faith that something is brewing behind the scenes due to that Klonoa Encore trademark.

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
What happened to that recent klonoa trademark? Hopefully that's something.

The second has to be one of my all time favourites. It's a crime it's still stuck on ps2

Deleted member 35204

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2017
The Director up until not too long ago posted behind the scenes on the development of Klonoa Door to Phantomile on Twitter but then deleted everything because he wanted to make a book about it, hope we'll get something out of that.

OP
OP
Baladium

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Door to Phantomile and Lunatea's Veil are certified masterpieces. It's a sin that the series has laid dormant for so long now.

Although I have a little faith that something is brewing behind the scenes due to that Klonoa Encore trademark.

A sin indeed. And I want to believe in that trademark. Whether a remake, remaster, or brand new game, we all need to rally together and support it and consequently show Namco that this franchise needs to continue on.

I miss this series so much :"(

This is quite possibly my favorite boss theme of all time and the inspiration for my username! 🤟

mclem

Oct 25, 2017

My immediate instinct is "Who celebrates a 22nd anniversary"? Unless it's also to get the series front-and-centre in peoples' minds...

(Of course, I might be getting my hopes up a bit, but that'd be one heck of a Game Awards reveal!)

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sure would be nice to get a game where
the main character doesnt get screwed in the end

MagicDoogies

Oct 31, 2017
Genuine question, everyone seems to LOVE this game, and I got no impressions that the game sold badly or anything of the like.
Why is it that the game has had no consistent installments?
I can definitely understand if it's an Earthbound case where the lead dev has said in no uncertain terms that they have zero desire to continue the IP because they are done, but that doesn't seem to be the case here?
The designs are definitely in my wheelhouse of things I would play not only as a kid but also as an adult now. I wouldn't mind being able to play a modernized port or remaster for sure.

∀∃:ETURNA

Oct 27, 2017
ZOMG!!1 REMASTER PLS!!1

Assets of Klonoa 1 (Wii) and Klonoa 2 (PS2) are decent enough. I can't imagine they would need to do a lot aside from just getting the games to run on current hardware.

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hands up if you cried at the end.
*hands up*

I actually saw this while I was working in Sony QA, we would often gather round when someone was finishing a game for the first time as PlayStation cinematics were quite exciting and sometimes quite lavish and there was a distinct lack of eye contact when that game ended with everyone quietly going back to their seats to continue working.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
Genuine question, everyone seems to LOVE this game, and I got no impressions that the game sold badly or anything of the like.
I don't think anyone really knows exactly how well the games sold, but it's probably safe to assume "not too well"

I'm pretty sure the Wii remake bombed, at least, and the series has been dormant ever since

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
The lack of marketing is what killed the wii remake. I think if Namco wants to bring it back we need a multiplat release. Put it on EVERYTHING and if it still bombs then... I guess Klonoa is doomed.

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018
Aww :) Love me some Klonoa, even if not new games it's nice to see it getting love from its creators

*hands up*

I actually saw this while I was working in Sony QA, we would often gather round when someone was finishing a game for the first time as PlayStation cinematics were quite exciting and sometimes quite lavish and there was a distinct lack of eye contact when that game ended with everyone quietly going back to their seats to continue working.

Wowww no way :o Amazing

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I just want Klonoa 2 available on something I can buy now. Anything. I don't care. PS2 on PS4 even. I don't give a shit. Just let me buy and play the fucking game.

I was gonna say why not buy a copy off ebay and then I checked. It's gone up in price a lot when I last bought my second copy a couple of years ago. I foolishly sold my first copy when I was younger so I bought it again and glad I did then because now... oof!

Such an amazing series (yes, even the GBA games)

The GBA games are the best ones because they're actually puzzle focused. The console titles are beautiful but they're really easy. I think what Namco needs to do is combine both styles. Challenging puzzle focused levels with the 2.5D gimmick.

Last edited:

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Finished the game to 100% a couple times and never once watched the cutscenes. The internet told me way back that actually its a very bittersweet and wonderful little tale to follow to its climax.

I always told myself to replay and not skip the dialogue. It's been 22 years and I still haven't done so, wow.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
One of the most criminally unplayed games in the US. Pretty sure it bombed here. :(

I always loved how the name was a play/portmanteau on "kuro" (black) and "noir".

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Give me a Moonlight Museum remake on Switch with Flip Grip support!

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't hear about the Encore trademarks before. Interdasting.

Hoping they'll be remaster collections and not just new versions of the first games in those series or something.