• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

hans_castorp

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, any Kiseki game should be reviewed with 4 scores:
- Anton storyline score
- Cat stories quality score (they never really outshone Antoine tbh)
- BOOKS score
- give whatever score to the rest
A Mishy stan is gonna jump at my throat any minute now.
Now that you mention it. RedMoonRose and Carnelia were available online, right?
I wanted to read them again, specially the former.

Deleted member 26768

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Now that you mention it. RedMoonRose and Carnelia were available online, right?
I wanted to read them again, specially the former.
they're both on the kiseki wiki

i also compiled red moon rose in a google doc just yesterday because Ratchetdude231 is sloppy and gets himself spoiled by accident all the time

skLaFarebear

Oct 25, 2017
fyi, NISA is aware of any mis-tls/script errors/etc. that reviewers/people sent in, and are releasing a patch though it doesn't look to be included in the day one patch.

That's trash and you know it. We all measure a Trails game by the quality of its lamp orbment changing quest.

Personally I go by the Phantom Thief B riddle theft quests

Not expecting a PC announcement if any until after the console release ships.

EDIT:

"Piece of cake!"

Last edited:

Niks

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, glad to see NISA put in the effort, and delivered. Bonus points for reviewers mentioning that you must play both CS1 and CS2 to get most (not all) of the game.

Hope they patch those minor issues soon.

Jannyish

Dec 16, 2017
I am not that surprised that stuff is about the same quality at least on the voiced front. They did get a lot of the original staff for this on board after all. I know some people were worried those were only image hires to appease fans' worries and that they wouldn't have as much say in the product as they did with Xseed, but doesn't seem like that was the case.

Actually, in an interview Sean Chiplock said for all intents and purposes to him nothing changed cause all the staff was the same in the same positions as they had been at Xseed. So yeah. But I am glad nonetheless.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
I just got a new computer about a month ago and I may need to start my FC playthrough once again.

With my new computer, I put my old C drive as a back-up/archive hard drive in my new computer, which has my GoG Galaxy and save files on it (I have my LoH games via GoG). The save files are there, but when speaking with GoG customer support, they indicated that my new OS (I have Win10 now, I had Win7 before) may not detect my old save games as they use the Windows registry and may be deleted.

Although as I said, I found my save files on my old C drive. But the question is, since that was done via Win7, when I install GoG Galaxy on Win10, will it recognize those save files?

As you can see, I am not very computer saavy. I will start over if I need to, but I've probably started FC over about 4 times now and this is the furthest I've ever gotten.

Niks

Oct 25, 2017
Well all of the reviews I've seen and read have been glowing and full of praise. Can't wait for next Tuesday.

Erpy

May 31, 2018
I just got a new computer about a month ago and I may need to start my FC playthrough once again.

With my new computer, I put my old C drive as a back-up/archive hard drive in my new computer, which has my GoG Galaxy and save files on it (I have my LoH games via GoG). The save files are there, but when speaking with GoG customer support, they indicated that my new OS (I have Win10 now, I had Win7 before) may not detect my old save games as they use the Windows registry and may be deleted.

Although as I said, I found my save files on my old C drive. But the question is, since that was done via Win7, when I install GoG Galaxy on Win10, will it recognize those save files?

As you can see, I am not very computer saavy. I will start over if I need to, but I've probably started FC over about 4 times now and this is the furthest I've ever gotten.

They should be recognized as long as they are in the right folder. Mine are currently in the folder "C:\Users\(user profile name)\Saved Games\FALCOM\ED6". I'm not sure if games installed through Galaxy use different folders, but my hunch is not.

The best thing you can do is start FC, start a new game, save your game as soon as you get control, quit and search your computer for the files "Auto0.sav" and "SCDAT001.SAV". Once you've found the right folder, drop your old savegame files in there and you should be good to go.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
They should be recognized as long as they are in the right folder. Mine are currently in the folder "C:\Users\(user profile name)\Saved Games\FALCOM\ED6". I'm not sure if games installed through Galaxy use different folders, but my hunch is not.

The best thing you can do is start FC, start a new game, save your game as soon as you get control, quit and search your computer for the files "Auto0.sav" and "SCDAT001.SAV". Once you've found the right folder, drop your old savegame files in there and you should be good to go.

Yep, that's the path mine has, as well. (...\Saved Games\FALCOM\ED6). I will test it tonight once I get the opportunity to reinstall GOG.

Thank you.

Edit: On another note, is there anymore information on the Crossbell games being officially localized? With ToCS III coming out now, I plan to purchase it, but once I get to the point of finishing ToCS II, I will be in a holding pattern as I have heard you want to play the Zero No Kiseki and Ao No Kiseki games before going to ToCS III. And I don't want to try messing with the fan translations.

shimon

Oct 25, 2017
Edit: On another note, is there anymore information on the Crossbell games being officially localized? With ToCS III coming out now, I plan to purchase it, but once I get to the point of finishing ToCS II, I will be in a holding pattern as I have heard you want to play the Zero No Kiseki and Ao No Kiseki games before going to ToCS III. And I don't want to try messing with the fan translations.
Nope.

Open Wound

Nov 7, 2017
Seems like it's up to a good start in terms of reviews, with an 86 on metacritic with 8 reviews, and 87 in opencritic with 13.

But I'm curious if there will be any review from a complete newcomer. I would really like to hear the opinion of someone starting fresh here, not because I believe it's an appropiate starting point, but to see if having a new class VII helps ground the story somewhat for newcomers.

SenseiX

Oct 25, 2017
G7a7Jq1.jpg
NISA went all out on this one. Huge upgrade from the Japanese LE.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds promising, looking forward to an eventual PC release. Hopefully from PH3?

A little disappointed NISA didn't opt to fill out the voice acting like XSEED did for the PC/PS4 versions of CS1 and 2, I know it could theoretically be patched in later but that bar was already set. If it was going to be met I'd imagine it would have been done from the start.

And if there are still lingering terminology issues and such hopefully they drop another patch for that. I imagine any reviewer that's a series fan has reported that kind of stuff.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
I just realized there wasn't a steelbook being released with the normal $60 version for ToCS III (Early Enrollment), so I ordered the Limited Edition through the NISA store.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Sounds promising, looking forward to an eventual PC release. Hopefully from PH3?

A little disappointed NISA didn't opt to fill out the voice acting like XSEED did for the PC/PS4 versions of CS1 and 2, I know it could theoretically be patched in later but that bar was already set. If it was going to be met I'd imagine it would have been done from the start.

And if there are still lingering terminology issues and such hopefully they drop another patch for that. I imagine any reviewer that's a series fan has reported that kind of stuff.

Yeah, everyone else talking, and Rean being silent is very weird, and I hope NISA fixes this in CS4, at least. I'm not Rean, I never will be, and I don't need him to be silent so I can pretend to be him.

Deleted member 26768

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017

falcom probably didn't allow it, xseed already wanted to do it ps3 and vita but falcom didn't want to implement it then either

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So, I just "finished" my NG+ of CS2, the end credits are playing right now, and while NG+ essentially made it a VN intercut with "Laura one shots a boss" scenes, it made for a smoother pacing than what I remembered. As PK Gaming mentioned the other day, knowing what to expect changes the way you view things.

I found the last stretch as good if not stronger than act 2, and man, I had forgotten how great some characters are (Vita in particular)

I still have to go through the Crossbell segment and the epilogue, but I really like how the Finale is built. The classic shonen trope of seeing how really badass the strongest enemies are, and being helped by really badass allies works really well, because they're all a great cast.

But my favorite part is how ridiculously hectic the top of the infernal castle is. Everything gets spun on its head. Crow starts making amends, and proceeds to die. The Nobles are defeated, Osborne comes back from the dead and delivers a severe blow to Ouroboros. And yet, everything feels really fucking bad: the Ironbloods are chilling assholes, Vita feels relatable as she escapes to lick her wounds, Osborne announces he's gonna crush Crossbell, as he turns to Rean to tell him he's his dad and the Empire's gonna count on him and his Divine Knight. It's honestly all a remarkably huge kick in the nuts.
This is all really well executed, and I almost wonder if adding stuff after that, no matter how good, doesn't somehow dilute the effect.

Jannyish

Dec 16, 2017
Seems like it's up to a good start in terms of reviews, with an 86 on metacritic with 8 reviews, and 87 in opencritic with 13.

But I'm curious if there will be any review from a complete newcomer. I would really like to hear the opinion of someone starting fresh here, not because I believe it's an appropiate starting point, but to see if having a new class VII helps ground the story somewhat for newcomers.

Well here you go (I only listened while doing the dishes so I couldn't tell u what Gameplay parts he showed, so... Be careful of spoilers I guess) :

hans_castorp

Oct 27, 2017
So, I just "finished" my NG+ of CS2, the end credits are playing right now, and while NG+ essentially made it a VN intercut with "Laura one shots a boss" scenes, it made for a smoother pacing than what I remembered. As PK Gaming mentioned the other day, knowing what to expect changes the way you view things.

I found the last stretch as good if not stronger than act 2, and man, I had forgotten how great some characters are (Vita in particular)

I still have to go through the Crossbell segment and the epilogue, but I really like how the Finale is built. The classic shonen trope of seeing how really badass the strongest enemies are, and being helped by really badass allies works really well, because they're all a great cast.

But my favorite part is how ridiculously hectic the top of the infernal castle is. Everything gets spun on its head. Crow starts making amends, and proceeds to die. The Nobles are defeated, Osborne comes back from the dead and delivers a severe blow to Ouroboros. And yet, everything feels really fucking bad: the Ironbloods are chilling assholes, Vita feels relatable as she escapes to lick her wounds, Osborne announces he's gonna crush Crossbell, as he turns to Rean to tell him he's his dad and the Empire's gonna count on him and his Divine Knight. It's honestly all a remarkably huge kick in the nuts.
This is all really well executed, and I almost wonder if adding stuff after that, no matter how good, doesn't somehow dilute the effect.

CS II ending is great. It has many twists you don't see coming, and even If it's full of "I was only holding back" the boss rush at the end it's pretty satisfying.
I'll never understand why Falcon decided to spoil part of CS II ending in the infamous Ao's epilogue. There was no need.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017

I just installed GOG Galaxy and TiTS: FC and immediately it gave me the option to download my cloud saves. So I have all my save files now.

Open Wound

Nov 7, 2017
So it seems Campanella's voice is getting... mixed reactions.
Only heard a small sample in a youtube review, but not surprised, what I heard wasn't great.

I also hated Agate's performance in the demo, but outside of that to me the dub seems to range between solid and really good like the previous CS games.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I dunno, I kind of like campanella's dub voice. it seemed appropriate. I liked it a bit better than Tio's, even tho her voice is probably more appropriate to her character.

Open Wound

Nov 7, 2017
I dunno, I kind of like campanella's dub voice. it seemed appropriate. I liked it a bit better than Tio's, even tho her voice is probably more appropriate to her character.
To me sounds like an actor trying to ham it up without having the ability to do so.

Considering how good they were previously at finding actors that could really ham it up or go over the top flawlessly (like Blueblanc's voice actor who, in my opinion, outshines his japanese counterpart), it's dissapointing that Campanella doesn't get the same treatment (but it's too early to judge as well)

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
To me sounds like an actor trying to ham it up without having the ability to do so.

Considering how good they were previously at finding actors that could really ham it up or go over the top flawlessly (like Blueblanc's voice actor who, in my opinion, outshines his japanese counterpart), it's dissapointing that Campanella doesn't get the same treatment (but it's too early to judge as well)

Yeah, it's one snippet of dialog. I dunno...I found it appropriate. I did like Bleublanc's VA. (and victor Aresaid's va. *sighs*.....What happened with his VA? More scheduling conflicts?)

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
We don't know, but I heard he didn't come back to record new lines in the PC version of the first two games either.

Huh. Pity. Nothing to be done about that, i guess. (I was worried he'd been accused of something. Like Vic Mignogna.) The new guy did a good job, tho. I probably wouldn't've known if KSK hadn't mentioned it. (Millium's new VA does a good job, but I could tell with her. But she had many more voiced lines in CS1 and 2, and had a much more unique voice)