• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
let's hope trump can resist the pussy grabbing when he see so many women on stage

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think she's got a very good shot, but expect her opponents to hammer hard on the fact that she promised back in October to serve her full 6-year term in the Senate.

OP
OP
RastaMentality
Oct 25, 2017
I think she's got a very good shot, but expect her opponents to hammer hard on the fact that she promised back in October to serve her full 6-year term in the Senate.
Nobody will care about this considering the amount of senators who are also running. Like maybe Tulsi will attack her but it won't be notable.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Good for more women taking part in Presidential Politics, hope it increases enthusiasm for the 2020 elections when you can finally kick the GOP out of the Senate.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After the embarrassing beer episode I think we could disqualify Warren already. She would be curb stomped by Trump. Hell, she is already!

Emobacca

Nov 2, 2017
2-3 years ago I thought she was being groomed as The Chosen One for the Democratic Party. Now she has been surpassed and I fear she will carry the stink of Primary Loser for the rest of her career and it's a shame because I like her.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Where's Beto in all of this? Will he wait until the last possible moment?

Is he still at his dentist's?

steveovig

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like her a lot and now after that Warren NA stuff, I'd love to support her. I just don't think she has much of a chance.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
i just voted her as my senator last november, and shes already trying to leave

i'll remember that for next time

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Where's Beto in all of this? Will he wait until the last possible moment?

Is he still at his dentist's?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/11/politics/beto-orourke-oprah-interview/index.html

Aides and friends say he is weighing a presidential run, but that he is hesitant to spend more time away from his three young children after a grueling Senate campaign. O'Rourke is likely to decide on a presidential run in February at the earliest, two sources close to him said this week.

Oct 26, 2017
People close to Gillibrand have indicated the senator will run a campaign centered on gender issues, something she has championed in the House and Senate

A nice thing to include and promote, but centering your campaign about it will not be a successful strategy if she wants to win.
With all the Beto hype, I have to ask if he's interested in the job? Because I haven't seen him heavily imply his intent the same way Biden/Kamala/Gillibrand have/had been telegraphing.
I think he feels that circumstances are pushing him towards doing it out of necessity, he's a strong campaigner and has a chance of taking down Trump.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With all the Beto hype, I have to ask if he's interested in the job? Because I haven't seen him heavily imply his intent the same way Biden/Kamala/Gillibrand have/had been telegraphing.
And yet he appears on top or near the top of many polls. I think he's playing hard to get and let people continue speculating.

Deleted member 2426

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
80000321652M-01--IMG_300--BRAZILSANDALBANANAYELLOW-1964575829.jpg

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
I like her. All the interviews I've heard and she's seemed thoughtful and knew her stuff.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Probably because they've all been gearing up for years now, while he was running for Senate only a few months and and is now considering a presidential run since November.

Oct 26, 2017
If it's white feminism, nobody's gonna be interested. A good move would be making trans women and WOC a focal point of her announcement video.
That could help her stand out in the primaries, but that kind of messaging/identity politics won't win the Rust Belt or other swing states. It will be effective in some places, but I wouldn't enter the general with that being the big issue. Immigration, healthcare, and economy will be huge in 2020.

Deleted member 9838

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't wanna see dems fighting or attacking each other or even if there is a primary I don't even see debates. It will only help trump.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
Well ok maybe debates but I am afraid they are just gonna give ammunition to trump

Everyone is going to be hard to the left of Trump's current stances, so that won't matter. Trump's "style," if you can call it one, is to personally attacked people regardless. See: His attacks on Warren. There's no "fuel" the debates or the RNC could give him that would change his path.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well ok maybe debates but I am afraid they are just gonna give ammunition to trump
I understand being anxious about Trump but there's a healthy amount of shrewdness and there's crippling paranoia.

Trump exists in a world of his own. He makes up ammunition where none existed before. Dems will not win by depriving him of "material", if they win it will be on taking him to task for his failures.

papermoon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm skeptical about her right now. Open to having my mind changed.

Before she entered politics, she was a service partner at a big law firm. Her clients were almost all big tobacco. If she were able to work at Chadbourne & Parke, she could've probably easily gotten a job elsewhere in the private sector. That she was cool repping that kind of clientele seems to indicate the public interest was a really low priority in her pre-political life. She comes from a family of prominent NY Democrats, so did she just trip into running for office? I don't see any evidence she had some burning passion for public service.

She started out a "Blue Dog" Democrat. Staunch centrist. Then Bernie took off during the last election. The burgeoning Me Too movement. And she started shifting to the left and taking more progressive positions. Good for her for reading the tea leaves, I guess. But she hasn't communicated (to my satisfaction, at least) what animated this change. It looks like it's mostly political maneuvering.

For those who really like her, why do you like her so much? I'm trying to learn more.