• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Tampa

You prefer to fight from far away, or from behind, or by dishonorable means, and usually by surprise? With Finesse, you sneak, dodge, and slather weapons with poison to gain the advantage in combat. Forge Your Fate. Play Your Way. Return to Amalur on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One! From the minds of the bestselling author R.A. Salvatore, Spawn creator Todd McFarlane, and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion lead designer Ken Rolston, comes Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning. Remastered with stunning visuals and refined gameplay Re-Reckoning delivers intense, customizable RPG combat inside a sprawling game world.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
I still can't believe that we're getting a Kingdoms of Amalur remaster. That game was incredibly underrated.

EDIT: WHAT, SEPTEMBER 8? DID WE KNOW THIS?

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
Really hyped, I tried the OG on PS3 simply because it free on PS Plus and had zero expectations for it. What I walked away with was one of my favorite RPGs of that console generation. Unfortunately I currently do not own a PS4, but i am trying to get a PS5 on launch so hopefully I can play it there.

plow

Oct 28, 2017
Doesn't look too hot tbh. That bloom is insane in the video, got some Oblivion Flashbacks

Last edited:

EarlGreyHot

Oct 27, 2017
I really want to play this again. I had this on PS3 and it had a super annoying audio bug that was never fixed. Everytime you started an attack it took a second before the soundeffects kicked in. Never got far because of that but I liked what I played.

Jul 26, 2018
Damn...that looks like ass šŸ˜‚

I remember thinking Ps3 to Ps4 jump wasn't that big. Clearly time makes fools of us all

Rainer516

Oct 29, 2017
I bought the original on a steam sale ages ago and never got around to playing it.

I guess I'll just buy the remaster on a steam sale in the future and play it.... (wishful thinking).

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Can't I just play my 360 version in the upcoming console or the One?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't need to build my backlog, but at the same time I want to support the slim chance that Amalur one day gets a proper sequel/reboot. Think I'll pre-order.

antipod

Oct 30, 2017
I played this almost to the end on the PS3 when it was free on PSN, but never finished it before the PS4 was released. It was great, and one of my gaming regrets not to finish it.

I'll buy this just to support them getting a sequel out. And to finally play it to the end.

DaleCooper

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone remind me of the specific qualities of this game?

I played this on the X360 and it was a very middling experience. I can't remember anything except for some forest'ey environments and that none of the game mechanics were offensive enough to cause any fuss.

Finaika

Dec 11, 2017

I played this on the X360 and it was a very middling experience. I can't remember anything except for some forest'ey environments and that none of the game mechanics were offensive enough to cause any fuss.
It has the best combat system in an RPG.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP

Single player western MMO-type game.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
Are they making any changes to how you aim bows and stuff in that game? Because I tried the game as an archer and that shit sucked.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What was so great about that combat system?

Almost as fast and snappy as a Platinum game, but with a heavier look and feel like RPGs should normally be. You can throw blades, spam arrows, make enormous combos, brutal fatality-esque kills, stealth eliminations, and the general movement being fast made the combat feel like quite the adrenaline rush. In most big RPGs, combat feels like an afterthought. Here, it's fun as hell to hunt down some creatures or go into a dungeon, because the actual combat is legit dope.

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
I don't mind dated graphics in the slightest as it still looks charming but I really hope they've addressed the balance issues. The original was a fun time until you could steamroll absolutely everything for the rest of the game.

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I don't mind dated graphics in the slightest as it still looks charming but I really hope they've addressed the balance issues. The original was a fun time until you could steamroll absolutely everything for the rest of the game.
Agreed. They made a few comments about addressing balance issues, but nothing definitive. I wish they'd talk more about that.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Loved this game back on Xbox 360. Also I just checked the price and $39.99 CAD feels just right because to be honest that trailer didn't do the game any favors. It definitely shows its age.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
I pre-ordered. Beat the original, enjoyed it. Looking for an excuse to get back into it and also support the potential for more Amalur games.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
I was expecting more honestly but hey, I'll get it anyway, never played it... is the PC remaster going to be different vs original PC version?

Aramon

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Indeed. You could get over leveled so fast and that made exploration and doing quests pointless.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
I bounced off the original pretty hard, it felt like such a flawed game with great potential. Hope the rerelease shows off some of that potential

Artadius

Avenger
Jan 15, 2018
I played the original with DLCs and played through all the content / completed all the quests. It got to be almost too much by the very last area... but I guess I can't complain because that's the definition of bang for your buck. Loved this game.

I played a Finesse stealth dagger assassin just like most of this video and this hit the nostalgia pretty hard.

I just don't think I can go back and do it again. Game has borderline too much content if you're a completionist.

Dogo Mojo

Oct 27, 2017
It pisses me off so much that Schilling shit the bed with this. The series had so much potential, I'll probably wait till it comes out to make a choice on buying the remaster depending on how much of an upgrade this is but it's definitely one of the most underrated RPGs from last gen.

Rellodex

Oct 29, 2017
I enjoyed the game, but it's piled to the max with classically amateur "yes, and" style design philosophy.

Felt more like a hodge-podge of everything people wish games had rather than what actually goes into a good game.

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
Shame it's not a proper remaster like we got with Saints Row 3 / Mafia but better than nothing I guess.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
A week-and-a-half to go and still no word on whether there'll be a loyalty program for owners of the original PC release. I imagine the game being on Origin threw a spanner into the works, but, still, even a vague "We're still exploring options" would be nice.

It pisses me off so much that Schilling shit the bed with this. The series had so much potential, I'll probably wait till it comes out to make a choice on buying the remaster depending on how much of an upgrade this is but it's definitely one of the most underrated RPGs from last gen.

Nordic isn't one to sit idly on its back catalogue of IPs (e.g. Titan Quest, a 14-year-old game, received its second post-THQ expansion just last year), so if this remaster does well, I can see there being a sequel in a few years' time.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, I'm not impressed. It might be fun to get it on a deep sale in the future, I still haven't played the DLC and they're doing the new expansion next year.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really need a harder difficulty and have enemies/quests scale with you.

Game has so many quests that if you do all the early area quests, you basically out level the rest of the game so is no challenge, and if you move onto new areas too fast, the quests you skipped offer no point of going back to as they low level and offer no challenge or usable reward.

Fantastic combat system though, how you can mix and match classes and weapons, blast an enemy into the air with magic, then juggle it with chakram, then slam it down again with more magic.

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
When 38 Studios went bankrupt, its assets were seized by the Rhode Island state government, as the studio wasn't anywhere near close to paying off the giant loan someone thought was a good idea.
Excellent, I knew it all went away, but I was worried Curt could work his way into getting residuals on a rerelease somehow.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
is it really called re reckoning? lmao

still waiting on the lost paychecks and PTO we never got.

I had a lot of fun with Reckoning though, the combat was awesome as hell. IMO It still felt a little bloated, or, I guess, I just wish it was a bit smaller. I was like 30 hours into the game and only just got to the second area lol