• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Well finished kingdom: what a ride. Unique setting, fresh take on the zombie genre and engrossing plot with political intrigue.
Really curious at the historical accuracy minus the zombies. There foreign-produced shows are killing it. Dark and kingdom are quality shows with great attention to detail and nuanced writing.

what do I watch now???

Babylon Berlin!

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well finished kingdom: what a ride. Unique setting, fresh take on the zombie genre and engrossing plot with political intrigue.
Really curious at the historical accuracy minus the zombies. There foreign-produced shows are killing it. Dark and kingdom are quality shows with great attention to detail and nuanced writing.

what do I watch now???
The Last Kingdom

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
So just finished watching season 1, and between This and Parasite I'm getting the impression Koreans don't like the wealthy. Lol.

lasthope106

Oct 25, 2017
Iowa USA
Just finished season 2. Absolutely sublime. One of the most unique things I've ever seen. They took some of the best elements of the zombie genre, the political intrigue of Game of Thrones, and made a period show set in Korea, and they pulled it off.

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting bump, becuase I just finished this the other day. I loved the setting and explanation. Think they did a great job closing and yet setting up another season (hopefully)

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017

Kingdom Special 1hr Episode - Ashin of the North is out July 23

Didn't feel like making a new thread so figured I'd just post it here.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
huh? so there's no season 3 but this 1 hour special instead?

Right now there's no season 3 announcement from what i searched but I figure this is a prequel episode on the origins of the flower cause we got that teaser at the end of season 2. I would think they'd announce season 3 when this episode is out.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Right now there's no season 3 announcement from what i searched but I figure this is a prequel episode on the origins of the flower cause we got that teaser at the end of season 2. I would think they'd announce season 3 when this episode is out.

Yeah, I believe this is a stop gap they doing before Season 3 happens. They might have had to delay shooting with Covid and at least this keeps the world going, since it has been awhile since Season 2.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Watching now, feels great to be back in this setting.

edit: jesus that was overall dark as fuck

Last edited:

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty good special. Definitely took quite a turn. The CGI for the animals felt a little off, but fortunately it's kept to a minimum.

Ashin is cool af, but also pretty complicated...

like her reviving the village and keeping them alive

Deleted member 62221

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 17, 2019
That was a great way of introducing a villain, despite some minor flaws I really enjoyed this special episode.

SerAardvark

Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoyed it, even if I had a bit of a hard time following some of the specific until the big reveal.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
Really liked it unsurprising. Can't wait for more.

When it first started and it calls it something like 'a Special Episode' or something I was like just call it a movie, geesh. But after finishing it that does seem like a better way to describe it.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Dude what a crazy fucking episode/movie.

She literally genocides an entire garrison! That's insanity. Also who was the dude she fed to her zombie villagers at the end? Just some rando? It didn't look like the guy in charge.

I sort of understand her motivation, twisted as they seem. But to see your father like that....ugh. she's gone psycho but honestly no one can blame her.
I cannot wait for Season 3.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017

She literally genocides an entire garrison! That's insanity. Also who was the dude she fed to her zombie villagers at the end? Just some rando? It didn't look like the guy in charge.

I sort of understand her motivation, twisted as they seem. But to see your father like that....ugh. she's gone psycho but honestly no one can blame her.

it wasn't the guy in charge because he shows up in season 2. He's the detective investigating the murder of the women.

Friend Besto

Oct 27, 2017

At the end

Yeah who was the guy that she fed to the zombie villagers? I thought it was the guy that rapes her but pretty sure she shanked him and turned him first to start the whole village massacre.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Ashin was absolutely ruthless! I can't believe she stayed silent the whole time.. just sent them to their graves. I came to the show finally a couple months back and am so glad I finally got around to watching it. It's truly an amazing series.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Lttp with Ashin. I was abit apprehensive to watch this as S2 ending is so good that I don't feel like revisiting it. But my god Ashin of the North is amazing. It provide a significant world building, showed a sympathetic villain and pretty much ties well into the whole narrative. I went from not willing to engage with a continuation to really hyped up for S3. I want more!! Hail queen Ashin.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Lttp with Ashin. I was abit apprehensive to watch this as S2 ending is so good that I don't feel like revisiting it. But my god Ashin of the North is amazing. It provide a significant world building, showed a sympathetic villain and pretty much ties well into the whole narrative. I went from not willing to engage with a continuation to really hyped up for S3. I want more!! Hail queen Ashin.

Yeah this franchise is absolutely amazing and I can't wait to see more, we have something special thanks to this show lol.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
Watched with my fiance and we loved it. But certain character decisions made solely to advance the plot were almost maddening lol.
Seo-bi (the nurse) inexplicably being desperate to save Cho Hak-ju was annoying but I got over it as soon as I realized the queen regent was poisoning him. but then the ending.......... She see's the baby is bitten... then instead of dunking him in water which she JUST learned cures the infected who have not yet died, she just thinks "Oh i guess babies are immune" insane leap of logic there with dire consequences.

NetMapel

Oct 25, 2017
Watched with my fiance and we loved it. But certain character decisions made solely to advance the plot were almost maddening lol.
Seo-bi (the nurse) inexplicably being desperate to save Cho Hak-ju was annoying but I got over it as soon as I realized the queen regent was poisoning him. but then the ending.......... She see's the baby is bitten... then instead of dunking him in water which she JUST learned cures the infected who have not yet died, she just thinks "Oh i guess babies are immune" insane leap of logic there with dire consequences.
No I believe she said she did dunk the baby into water and got rid of the worms. You can take a look at around the 33:30 timestamp in the last episode. Evidently it wasn't done cleanly enough so we shall see what season 3 brings us.

OrochiJR

Oct 29, 2017
Finished the show and Ashin yesterday, what a ride. The show itself is excellent, Ashin took a while to get going but was awesome once Ashin turned into the goddamn Batman.

So there will be a season 3, right?

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
If it gets a third season it'll be the first kdrama I've ever seen to have one. I hope they don't run it into the ground, I like that Korean shows are usually short (well, 1 hour 30 minute long episodes lol) and to the point.

The sooner Kim Eun-hee writes a sequel to Signal the better...