• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Kinda disappointed its a music rhythm game but w/e.

Didnt like FF Theaterhythm that much from the demo I played...not sure if it was cause of the 3DS controls but I guess I will try this when its cheap (will be getting it for PS4).

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad this is nothing like the Persona rhythm games. Those are almost impossible to play on a 65" tv screen.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
So this looks like it'll be diving into Kairi's time as a child in radiant garden. I didn't actually ever expect that to be relevant

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
Gamexplain mentioned they will include Disney songs so it should be full price game. Even if the game doesn't include any, I doubt SE won't charge it at full price anyway.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
Gamexplain mentioned they will include Disney songs so it should be full price game. Even if the game doesn't include any, I doubt SE won't charge it at full price anyway.
Thinking about it, theres not THAT much Disney music in Kingdom Hearts. The Little Mermaid stuff, yeah, but what else? The Mickey Mouse march, Winnie the Pooh, and that annoying Cinderella song?

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017
The silence from SE's English accounts is just so bizarre.

Thinking about it, theres not THAT much Disney music in Kingdom Hearts. The Little Mermaid stuff, yeah, but what else? The Mickey Mouse march, Winnie the Pooh, and that annoying Cinderella song?

This is Halloween
You're Got a Friend In Me
He's a Pirate

Last edited:

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
one of the things i'm noticing for the trailer is that they seem to be using the original versions of most songs instead of there orchestrated counterparts

cloudzack117

Oct 25, 2017

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Its just a new concept for some, most franchises the side games are throw aways tbh. But ye the big games and smaller games is the best way to see KH.
It's hard to even define "smaller" games with KH. Birth By Sleep added as much lore (if not more) as the "main trilogy" of games.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Kinda disappointed by the PS2 models and animations tbh, it just looks cheap seeing them over and over again.

Would have preferred a straight Theatrhythm design.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I hope you can change characters because fighting the Mansex with OG Sora makes me uncomfortable

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
I really liked Theatrhythm but then I also really like Final Fantasy. Kingdom Hearts...not so much. I still might try it though, if there's one thing the games excel in it's the music.

Kingsora

May 19, 2018
Are people actually happy with this? This just seems like filler on never before seen levels.

I could understand they want a quick cash grab, but this just seems lazy and a slap in the face for people who are hoping for a new KH-game.

Tidalwaves

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 27, 2017
Are people actually happy with this? This just seems like filler on never before seen levels.

I could understand they want a quick cash grab, but this just seems lazy and a slap in the face for people who are hoping for a new KH-game.
We were never going to get a new game this soon anyway. Recoded was a slap in the face. This is kinda cute

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

What's lazy about a rhythm game with 140 songs in it? That's a pretty sizable chunk for a game like this

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This is a Theatrhythm KH game, many people were asking for it.

Kingsora

May 19, 2018
We were never going to get a new game this soon anyway. Recoded was a slap in the face. This is kinda cute
What's lazy about a rhythm game with 140 songs in it? That's a pretty sizable chunk for a game like this
This is a Theatrhythm KH game, many people were asking for it.
I am quite sure that a lot of people where hoping for a game gameplay-wise more in the lines of all of the other KH-games.

And don't get me wrong. I am a huge KH-fan. I would even be fine if the reused everything from KH3 for a Kairi-game. But a rythm-game isn't exactly what we were craving for I would think. And yes I know Kingdom Hearts has some great music.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm just laughing at the mood whiplash of going from Olympus Coliseum straight to Xion's fucking death scene.

OP
OP
Xenosaga

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I am quite sure that a lot of people where hoping for a game gameplay-wise more in the lines of all of the other KH-games.

And don't get me wrong. I am a huge KH-fan. I would even be fine if the reused everything from KH3 for a Kairi-game. But a rythm-game isn't exactly what we were craving for I would think. And yes I know Kingdom Hearts has some great music.
I mean KH is known for its music, and big franchises usually get a rhythm game spin-off (like how FF and DQ got) so I think it's quite natural thing. We have another unannounced spin-off game coming so that might be more in line with the traditional gameplay...

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017

speak for yourself man i have been wanting a KH rhythm game for like awhile now and i'm sure there are plenty of people out there who are also happy that there is a KH rhythm game now

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017

Just because this game was made doesn't mean the game you want isn't going to be made

Zaverious

Oct 25, 2017

Well we know that two more games are coming from Team 4 and Osaka that will most certainly be more action based so it's not that big of a deal for me. I love rhythm games too so that helps a lot.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Kingdom Hearts is a series that constantly redefines itself and experiments with different forms of gameplay and genres. We've had action RPG, strategy card game, turn base combat, auto runner, side scroller, and more.

I get that the expectation for people is for another big game like KH3 but the other games experimenting with new genres and gameplay isn't new and should be expected by this stage, imo.

Tidalwaves

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 27, 2017

Why quote me and not reply to my text? You were never getting an action KH game in 2020

Kingsora

May 19, 2018
Why quote me and not reply to my text? You were never getting an action KH game in 2020
I know that, I also wasn't expecting one. But this could postpone the next action game maybe.

Anyway I am dissapointed with this and I don't see this selling particulary good in comparison with other KH-games.

But if other people are happy with this KH-game, good for you and I hope it's at least a good rythm game. But that shouldn't be a problem normally with all of the great KH music.

hsojlightfoot

Apr 6, 2020
A mobile game, now a rhythm game its clear we are going to get some spin offs before 4 again. Don't know if like.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
A mobile game, now a rhythm game its clear we are going to get some spin offs before 4 again. Don't know if like.
Not spin offs technically, but we knew this would be the case for months ever since Nomura said there were four teams working on Kingdom Hearts games.

If you're that big of a KH fan and didn't expect the high likelihood of these non numbered games to be weird or different, idk what to tell you. We've gone through this song and dance for well over a decade lol.

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
speak for yourself man i have been wanting a KH rhythm game for like awhile now and i'm sure there are plenty of people out there who are also happy that there is a KH rhythm game now
Yeah I've wanted Theathrythm KH Since the original Theathrythm, I'm super excited for this. There are so many good songs in this series

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
It's hard to even define "smaller" games with KH. Birth By Sleep added as much lore (if not more) as the "main trilogy" of games.
Birth by Sleep was essentially Kingdom Hearts Zero to the point that it might've been called such if Nomura didn't have the idea that numbered titles are reserved for games starring Sora.

Moves

Oct 27, 2017
This is one of those things you would never in a million years see coming but when you think about it... of course they're making this.

I'm in for the kingdom hearts kart racer whenever that comes out.

OP
OP
Xenosaga

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Which team is working on this? I'm just nosey but I'm also not very worried as long as the main guy is doing the story nonsense
It's one of the new teams.
Currently KH teams go like this:

Team 1 - Main Osaka (and some Tokyo) Team. Worked on KH3 and ReMind, currently working on next title
Team 2 - Mobile Team. Worked on Union X, currently working on Dark Road.
Team 3 - New Team 1. Working on Melody of Memory
Team 4 - New Team 2. Currently working on unannounced title.