• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
i was re watching the trailer and i noticed that the copyright does include Pixar

EcODZKJ.png

makes me really intrested to see what they do with KH3 stuff

N1corex

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 7, 2020
Interested to get it on the switch. Never played any of the other rhythm games they have ever released.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Why does this exist

Edit: I mean I know why, I just kind of wish they would let KH rest but I suppose it's too big of an IP for them to just stop making a profit off of

PhantomArtifice

Lead Administrator at Final Weapon
Verified
Apr 24, 2019
USA
Still can't get over the fact that the sequel or game following KH3 is a rhythm game, Nomura is a mad man.

Nonetheless, I'm quite excited for this. Seems to be packed with songs and I'm all for it.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Damn I've been looking into too many analysis tweets of this and I feel like I saw too much lol

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Whyyyy are they insistent on using those outdated fucking PS2-era models even after KH3 :( I'm so sick of seeing them.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Why does this exist

Edit: I mean I know why, I just kind of wish they would let KH rest but I suppose it's too big of an IP for them to just stop making a profit off of

Even base game KH3 ended with the usual teaser for a new game (with TWEWY connections), Re:Mind set up even more stuff, and they've previously said before this that there were more projects in the works beyond the new mobile game. So I think it always should have been expected that we'd see new games like this fairly soon.

They totally could stand to let the series rest for a bit, of course, but now it feels like they want to keep people paying attention to the series rather than going back to the period before 3 where the only non-UX thing coming out was collections. Whether that's a good or bad thing... I dunno? 3, or even just Re:Mind as they seem to be framing it, is kinda not very fitting to start this new "phase" off rather than being the ending of the last one. And these being the first 2 things after 3 isn't terribly exciting either. But if the next big game ends up effectively being "Dream Drop Distance 2", that's pretty appealing to me, so... yeah, I'll be a sucker forever.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Why does this exist

I mean, they actually did let KH rest, didn't they?

Dream Drop Distance was 2012 and Kingdom Hearts 3 was 2019. In between that were a couple HD remasters (which I don't think would be fair to count against them giving the series a rest) and a mobile game.

Almost seven years between new console games in the series.

Neo Hartless

Jan 8, 2019
Wtf they won't even get time accurate models for Sora and Riku in KHIII.

It'll be like Lego Star Wars for GBA where the last battle was Ep II Anakin vs Ep I Obi-Wan.

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.
In my fucking VEINS. Day one. Day zero. Day as-soon-as-our-review-code-comes-in. This is looking like the Theatrhythm Kingdom Hearts I've always wanted but never thought would actually happen and my hype for this is breaking all (trinity) limits. :D

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

Dream Drop Distance was 2012 and Kingdom Hearts 3 was 2019. In between that were a couple HD remasters (which I don't think would be fair to count against them giving the series a rest) and a mobile game.

yeah but when people like that say let kingdom hearts rest what they really mean is "lol kingdom hearts is nonsense why doesn't it just go away"

this looks great. i'm not even a rhythm game guy but i'm very excited for this

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??

I get what you're saying. I just think that KH is old and tired at this point, and while a rhythm game looks and sounds fun (I admit it) I don't think it's super necessary. 3 should have been the complete end, no more spin-offs.

Just my two cents though :)
Even base game KH3 ended with the usual teaser for a new game (with TWEWY connections), Re:Mind set up even more stuff, and they've previously said before this that there were more projects in the works beyond the new mobile game. So I think it always should have been expected that we'd see new games like this fairly soon.

They totally could stand to let the series rest for a bit, of course, but now it feels like they want to keep people paying attention to the series rather than going back to the period before 3 where the only non-UX thing coming out was collections. Whether that's a good or bad thing... I dunno? 3, or even just Re:Mind as they seem to be framing it, is kinda not very fitting to start this new "phase" off rather than being the ending of the last one. And these being the first 2 things after 3 isn't terribly exciting either. But if the next big game ends up effectively being "Dream Drop Distance 2", that's pretty appealing to me, so... yeah, I'll be a sucker forever.
Yeah, that's fair. I think maybe the wait for 3 and then the subsequent disappointment surrounding how much I disliked it left a sour taste in my mouth.

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
The Master of Masters being Sora would be the worst possible outcome. I have no idea why people like that shitty theory. I'm sick of the whole "everyone is either a Sora or a Xehanort" bullshit.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I get what you're saying. I just think that KH is old and tired at this point, and while a rhythm game looks and sounds fun (I admit it) I don't think it's super necessary. 3 should have been the complete end, no more spin-offs.

Just my two cents though :)

Oh, it's DEFINITELY not necessary. Haha. As a huge fan though, I welcome anything KH -- especially this, which I was asking for years ago.

DId you ever play the Theatrhythm games on 3DS? The concept sounded like they wouldn't work at all but the first ended up being one of my most played games on the console.

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
I'm conflicted between YESSSS A KINGDOM HEARTS MUSIC GAME FINALLY and ...wait, that's the Kairi game? Where she doesn't even look playable?!!

f2wBbxA.gif

NOMURAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

KingdomKey

Oct 27, 2017
Slightly dissapointed this is the rumored Kairi game.

But I like KH music and rythm games so this is still right up my alley. I'd likely buy it regardless.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So is this the Kairi game? Amazing if so. A Kairi game where all you do is play as Sora in a rhythm game, and go through his memories again.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
The Master of Masters being Sora would be the worst possible outcome. I have no idea why people like that shitty theory. I'm sick of the whole "everyone is either a Sora or a Xehanort" bullshit.
This series has managed so swerve into direction no one expected before, so if this fan theory gains traction i just expect Nomura to fuck with people extra hard and give us something else entirely.

Winston1

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Well this is Nomura, the guy who thought Aqua wouldn't be popular because she wasn't connected to an existing character. That kind of tells you how he writes his characters. I will be speechless if the Master of Masters is not a clone or time travel version of one of the main characters.

Ecco45

Mar 19, 2018
Yeah, I think at this point I've given up on the idea of KH3 ever coming to PC if they have time for stuff like this.

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But if that happens, how do you explain the Master of Masters training and teaching the Foretellers in The Age of Fairy Tales?
I could be wrong but I feel either KH3 or the mobile game implied there was different dimensions and there were theories about it after the game released. Either way, in a series that consistently pulls shit out of its ass (Braig has been body hopping for who knows how lonng, we have the foretellers in the future, Lea and Isa have a girl pal that never mentioned for years (lol), etc.) it's not really far fetched for there to be other dimensions with different versions of the characters. What's really stopping Nomura from saying there's another version of Sora that couldn't save everyone during the keyblade graveyard section and has been jumping dimensions to make sure it never happens again but got corrupted along the way? Or something else happened to turn him into MoM (Plus I would find it incredibly ironic if Sora, the one who never became a keyblade master, dubbed himself the Master of Masters. Get fucked Yen Sid lmao.) Again, this is just a short version of what I think since I don't have time to put on my tin foil hat and deep dive into my thoughts about it all but I'm sure there are some good, in-depth theories out there if you search for them.

Also if the MoM is Demyx that would be....so lame lmao. Has Kairi even met him? I feel like whoever it is would have to be someone Kairi recognizes for there to be some type of emotional reaction when the MoM is revealed. Sora being the MoM is also the most interesting take - at least for me - b/c it would actually have consequences and let Sora have development b/c I feel like he's actually pushed to the side a lot development wise despite being the main protagonist.
Also:

Balee.

tumblr_inline_ps8bpoAjZH1we1i4t_1280.jpg

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Oh, it's DEFINITELY not necessary. Haha. As a huge fan though, I welcome anything KH -- especially this, which I was asking for years ago.

DId you ever play the Theatrhythm games on 3DS? The concept sounded like they wouldn't work at all but the first ended up being one of my most played games on the console.
I played a little bit of it and enjoyed it!

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
This is not the Kingdom Hearts game announcement I was anticipating. Looks pretty interesting though mixing the rhythm and battle system.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Hope we get some of the remind remixes in this. Listening to the Vector to the Heavens remix again is making me want to boot up Kh3 for another full run.

hsojlightfoot

Apr 6, 2020
Did they say this was going to be at a discounted price or a full price release? I'm sure we all know the answer to that question. $59.99!

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
If not for earlier efforts. I fully believe this would not have come to Xbox lol.

Much like VN's, Rhythm games are pretty nonexistent on xbox outside a handful
EDIT: Actually, the fact that xbox is there on the Japanese trailer is a pretty big tell