• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably just watch a youtube vid if it has relevant story plots like I do with Union X now. On the flipside finally we have confirmation on the soundtrack.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Looks better than I imagined!
Only complaint, let me disable that sfx! Felt annoying.
More story tied to it too of course, but I'm still excited!

I do hope with it coming to switch it means remaster ports to it though.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
BTW just noticed this:

f58af6095af78d5e7dbbabc5cbca5803.png

At the beginning of the trailer, it says "KH series 2nd Phase", and there we can see, KH 3, Dark Road and Memory of Melody...next to 2 more slots!

Does it mean something?

We Marvel now, when's Kingdom Hearts Civil War with Sora va Yozora?

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I feel like the guy taking his hood off is a definite misdirect away from it not actually being the MoM. But damn what a power move if it was
I think it is tbh. He might reveal himself to Kairi but not Sora or Riku. Just doesn't make sense for this not to be the reveal given the name.

I guess it could be Xigbar again, which would make sense given that he probably wants to keep himself hidden now (this is probably gonna be a twist for Sora/Riku, even though we'll have known about it for years once they do lol).

the bigger thing I'm wondering about is, whose narrating the trailer? I was thinking Xigbar with the reference to "his plan" which is very obviously referring to MoM, but the only other time we've seen him referred to in that way was the KH3 secret reports.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The same for the majority of ps2 exclusive sqaure games that published Sony in most of the world and did most marketing and the games still got multiplatform. But yea sqaure wouldn't stop to exist without Nintendo money is seems.

I believe sqaure could release it where ever if they wanted.

Those games went multiplatform about 15 years after they released....

Bravely and Octopath are exclusive now because Nintendo publishes them outside of Japan. That doesn't mean any eventual re-releases would necessarily be exclusive.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
A KH spinoff that plays off the strength of the series and doesn't pointlessly add more horrible story? I'm down.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Its 2020 and people still do not release that there are NO KH spinoffs lol
It's not a thing in this series

Yeah, I'm impressed that even the rhythm game will be canon. I can already imagine in a couple of years when KH4 releases, me telling people they have to play the rhythm game. It's going to be glorious.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
Jeez that doesn't look good. And Kairi continues to get no respect lol. Was hoping for the first KH Switch game to be something that'd pull me back in, guess not.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Can we please free sora from his damn onesie? Kh1 is his worst design by far, it's time to move on square. Pleeeeeeaaaase.

Also, if this is how they handle kairi's story. I'm gonna be Hella pissed. Not surprised, but still extremely upset.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
The MoM is gonna take his hood off and it's just gonna be ps2 era KH1 Sora's head model plastered to a next gen UE4 body.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I say I'll just watch a youtube vid but the Kingdom Hearts fan in me will probably at least buy it and play it for a minute.

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
Are people surprised everything in kingdom hearts is canon when a conversation from the Kingdom Hearts Concert gets referenced in Kingdom Hearts 3?

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Can we please free sora from his damn onesie? Kh1 is his worst design by far, it's time to move on square. Pleeeeeeaaaase.

Also, if this is how they handle kairi's story. I'm gonna be Hella pissed. Not surprised, but still extremely upset.
Pretty sure this is going to be set up for Kairi/Riku's Game

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
They are going to price this at 60 bucks right?

After Remind I won't be surprised.

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
9c3d017b6f7aba904485ad6b596ce1da.png

Also noticed this. Some worlds have that "play video" icon and others don't. I'm guessing this is how you unlock the kairi cutscenes.

You might be right. But there seems to be too many stages with that symbol for that to be the case. To me, it looks like those will be the stages with MVs attached to them like the 358/2 days one in the trailer.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I really liked FF Theatrhythm, not so keen on the Kingdom Hearts games but this does look fun

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Ya'll trouncing on the KH1 design like that isn't his most recognizable fit

If he gets in Smash you guys might wanna brace for the KH 1 wear

Nov 1, 2017
It's about time KH got a rhythm game since the series has amazing music. I hope this is good (and doesn't waste too much time on that screentime-parasite Kairi).

Ryuman

Nov 1, 2017
Melody of Memory->New more traditional style game->KH4 Return of Sora, I guess. Said bridge game could also star Riku and Kairi so we'll see.
This looks cool though.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure this is going to be set up for Kairi/Riku's Game
I hope so. If it's just setup, then that's perfectly fine. The second half of the trailer just has me worried they'll try to fit it in here somehow, and Kairi has been waiting in line for some good development longer than anyone else at this point.

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
I loved the Theatrhythm games, so if this is basically going to be Theatrhythm with Kingdom Hearts music, I am excited for this.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
I see SE and Nomura or taking a page out of Atlus's book making a rhythm game canon to the overall story.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing/hoping there'll be multiple "playable" characters. As in, the different versions of Sora and maybe the Birth by Sleep trio etc. You'll just be able to swap 'em out just like you could play FFIV music as Lightning.

They all have animations already, don't see why it couldn't be done.

Honestly really excited for this, Theatrhythm is my favorite 3DS game and this is basically that just better suited to button controls, I imagine.

Also the Pixar copyright is in, which suggests we'll see the Toy Story/Monsters Inc. stuff in a movie at the very least.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I hope so. If it's just setup, then that's perfectly fine. The second half of the trailer just has me worried they'll try to fit it in here somehow, and Kairi has been waiting in line for some good development longer than anyone else at this point.
I have a feeling this game is just going to be set-up and we are going to get 1/2 more games before KH4

I don't mind the asset reuse, I just wish KH2 Sora would stop getting the shaft.

I'm pretty sure this is the Kairi game

It lines up with Nomura saying ReMind being named what it was and it's title screen was a hint to what would be going on in the next game.
If that's true then Kairi got jibbed

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm outta here 'cause spoilers, but this is exactly what I wanted from a KH rhythm game.

The sudden cut to Nomura cutscene shenanigans cracks me up. Guess I'll need to play III before this?

Kurtikeya

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017
this game combined with dark road, and the Epilogue of KH3 are probably the building blocks for the next saga.

Who knows if KH4 is the next game, but the name of this, and the trailer tells me the master of masters reveal is happening in this game. It sounds like the events of this take place right before

the secret ending where Sora and Riku are in shibuya. Kairi and Riku being together doesn't really make sense otherwise.

It most likely takes place after.

Riku being in Shibuya is just a dream he's been having since Sora's vanishing. After getting guidance from Fairy Godmother he probably went to Kairi for the next step in finding Sora.