• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Wispmetas

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
What's in the Museum mode?

Cutscenes, art, collectibles, stuff like that that you unlock while playing can be viewed in the museum.

i've been a casual fan to the franchise, but i'm heavily leaning towards getting this game on day 1. i love rhythm games haha

6s.gif

Join us then...

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I played so much of the demo on performer I fear the game story will be a walk in the park now haha
Been watching a stream and yeah it looks like cake. It also seems like most songs follow the same pattern of omitting some notes at the beginning of the song and then gradually adding more. That threw me off at times in the demo.

playing memory dive Simple and Clean reminds me why rhythm game songs are a lot shorter than regular songs. It's tough to keep concentration for so long lol.

So it's the full version of the song? Not the opening version? Long songs was a slight criticism I had for the Persona dancing games. The final song in P5D is straight up 6 minutes long. While it felt good beating them with a full combo, it was really damn stressful at times. Getting a miss or a "good," both of which break a combo, near the end of a 4-6 minute song felt like shit.

OP
OP
Wispmetas

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
that would be neat, thanks in advance!
theatrythm had cards you could collect iirc

The best I can do is share this screenshot that shows a bit of the collectibles part of the museum:

Screenshot_004.png

As you can see there are various tabs on the top. And each collectible seems to have a platinum version (like a shiny/foil version).

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Is it OK for me to jump into this if I hadn't finished KH3? I stopped at the Pirates world for some reason over a year ago and haven't touched it since.

I've been thinking of just restarting the game on Critical with ReMind DLC but that's kinda far down my backlog list now.

OP
OP
Wispmetas

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Is it OK for me to jump into this if I hadn't finished KH3? I stopped at the Pirates world for some reason over a year ago and haven't touched it since.

I've been thinking of just restarting the game on Critical with ReMind DLC but that's kinda far down my backlog list now.

Think about it this way. You have 140 songs and only 8 of them are from KH3.

Sure if you go through with the story after KH3 you will get spoiled on what happened at the end of 3. If you dont care about that give it a go. If you do, you can still give it a go and on the story mode stop right before you reach the KH3 songs. You'll have plenty of songs to master if you want the game because it is a rhythm game.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Been watching streams and pretending I'm playing the game because I'm a sad little man.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
When is the review embargo up? I'm usually always Day 1 on KH, but very hesitant this time.

KingdomKey

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to Friday. Been playing some of the demo now and then, slowly improving on each song. It's going to take forever to get an A+++ rank on every song though.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I'm suppose to get my PS5 tomorrow and I was looking forward to booting MoM up on that on Friday but EB Games hasn't shipped the console yet so I think my plan to enjoy the game on next gen is falling through :(

jblanco

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not clear on coop mode. Is it a different mode, or can I play story mode in coop?

pagrab

Oct 27, 2017
I loved the Final Fantasy games on the 3DS and was afraid I will not like the change in gameplay but the demo was super fun, so a day one purchase for me.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
So it's the full version of the song? Not the opening version? Long songs was a slight criticism I had for the Persona dancing games. The final song in P5D is straight up 6 minutes long. While it felt good beating them with a full combo, it was really damn stressful at times. Getting a miss or a "good," both of which break a combo, near the end of a 4-6 minute song felt like shit.
There are both short and full versions (at least for Simple and Clean). I remember in the interview they said they wanted people to experience the full versions for Utada songs.

that would be neat, thanks in advance!
theatrythm had cards you could collect iirc
There bunch of collectable stuff.
Stained glass , Key artworks by Nomura, Cutscene screenshots (lol), Character (enemy) models, Keyblade artworks are what I found so far.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
I'm a massive KH fanboy, but with how budget this looks, how minimal the story seems to be, and with the PS5 release, I'm getting this later, especially with how quick 2.8 plummeted in price and how shafted I felt paying full price for it lol.

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm probably gonna get this eventually, demo was kinda fun actually. But for now I'll probably settle with watching SarahKey play through it.

Oct 25, 2017
How does the difficulty work for the campaign? You pick easy, standard or proud before starting the game like in the other titles?

Oleander

Oct 25, 2017
My EU copy shipped this morning, so I hope to have it a day early.

Sort of glad the PS5 isn't launching until next week -- it gives me the time to dive into this. Very excited, since I devoured the Theatrhythm games, and that demo was excellent.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How does the difficulty work for the campaign? You pick easy, standard or proud before starting the game like in the other titles?
You can change it whenever you want. In fact there's even some stars that require you to play on a specific difficulty so it would be impossible to get 100% in a single playthrough if they didn't let you change whenever you wanted.

Oct 25, 2017
You can change it whenever you want. In fact there's even some stars that require you to play on a specific difficulty so it would be impossible to get 100% in a single playthrough if they didn't let you change whenever you wanted.
Thank you. I'm really curious about the difficulty later on in the game, but I think it'll be a good challenge.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
beat KH1 and CoM worlds so far. 13th Struggle was probably the most fun song in terms of gameplay.
Boss battle was tough. The only time I had to switch to Standard difficulty.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Are the Disney partners just the same group that are party members in the respective worlds, or are there more?

Also curious if Auron shows up...

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Are the Disney partners just the same group that are party members in the respective worlds, or are there more?

Also curious if Auron shows up...

Here are all of the Disney party members...

Aladdin, Ariel, Beast, Peter Pan, Mulan, Hercules, Simba and Stitch.

And it doesn't matter which team you pick, the Disney party member will always be featured in the world they're from.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Any issues with the Switch version? If not, think I'll jump on board. (Just don't want to get burned and buy it only to find out it's a case of "oh yeah, the Switch version is completely busted! Get it on PS4 instead" like sometimes happens, and don't see reviews up yet.)

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Any issues with the Switch version? If not, think I'll jump on board. (Just don't want to get burned and buy it only to find out it's a case of "oh yeah, the Switch version is completely busted! Get it on PS4 instead" like sometimes happens, and don't see reviews up yet.)
The demo is available on the eshop so you can check it out.
So far, the full version feels the same as the demo for me.

OP
OP
Wispmetas

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

From what I gathered from playing the demo, it is on par with the PS4/XBOX version, 60 fps but probably runs at lower resolution at times. But yeah, give the demo a try.