• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
This is not the same trailer as the one shown in the Direct yesterday, I think it may contain some of the same footage but it's an extended trailer and has more gameplay and story in it. Trailer contains spoilers for KH3 and ReMind.
www.youtube.com

KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory – Release Date Announcement Trailer (Closed Captions)

Now is your chance to experience the musical magic of KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory! Click here to pre-order today: https://sqex.link/x5er

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
are you sure? Would there have been time for this to have occurred?
EgcOEg9UwAAv0bM

Supposing that there is a close relationship between the Princesses and the Keyblade, it seems likely that they will resonate with each other...

I have chosen one special girl. I do not know if she possesses a power like that of the Princesses. But, there is a chance, and this is an experiment. She may lead me to the place where the one holding the key is...

I shall send her off to the ocean of other worlds.
EgcOEg8U0AA0UkG

EgcOEg_VoAEceH7

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do we know how many songs there will be? I heard something about 36 stages but it sounds like it'll have more songs than that. Maybe?

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Read Ansem Report #11. He did this prior to becoming a Nobody/Heartless.

Kingdom Hearts - Dark Seeker Saga - Kingdom Hearts Insider

Kingdom Hearts Insider - the largest kingdom hearts community and news resource on the web!

ah. Interesting though there's the question of how he knew especially considering he was able to find four ancient keyblade wielders and turn them into heartless and nobodies. I still get the feeling with Kairi being able to use the keyblade and being so tied with imagery for the machines used to send Ven to the future that she's from the time of the foretellers.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
We know where/when Kairi is from, we saw her as a child in Birth By Sleep before she was sent off to the Destiny Islands *and* we met her grandmother, who is presumably her biological grandmother.

That said, that 'escape pod' thing is a device that showed up in KH1 and also shows up in KHUx in Daybreak Town rather than Radiant Garden, and it's entirely likely that Kairi's gonna meet the mystery girl spoken about in KH3 (who is also almost certainly a KHUx tie-in).

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017
ah. Interesting though there's the question of how he knew especially considering he was able to find four ancient keyblade wielders and turn them into heartless and nobodies. I still get the feeling with Kairi being able to use the keyblade and being so tied with imagery for the machines used to send Ven to the future that she's from the time of the foretellers.

The purpose of that machine isn't for time travel though. The one we saw in UX is incomplete, and it's because of that that Maleficent and the others are able to get to present time. A fully completed version is meant to be used to travel to other worlds, which is what Xehanort is doing with Kairi here.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They did it (the opposite way) in one of the Yu-Gi-Oh manga so there's precedent.

Balbanes

Oct 25, 2017
I'm too hyped for this game.

Also, I think it's funny that this could end up being the KH game that is the hardest to platinum.

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
This. I've been saying all along guys, Soriku was always the only option, the gayblade made it clear.

Seriously though, the fact that Nomura is complicating Kairi's story even further using the ark is... a choice.

Well to be clear, (it has been a while since I played the earlier games) I don't think Nomura has ever fully explained how Kairi ended up in DI.

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
As a huge fan of Theathrythm I am violently excited for this, especially since the KH series arguably has way better music than FF.

I really hope this hits 720p/60 on the switch in handheld, because otherwise I might as well get the X1 version

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

What do you mean by found four ancient wielders? Besides Braig, none of the Apprentices are wielders. The others later on were found separately. It is suspicious Xehanort stumbled upon them, but I imagine this was part of Luxu's plan.

Xehanort could sense the light in her. She radiates light like a beacon. In the first trailer we see her being chased by Heartless and that is how Xehanort first comes in contact with her.

Kairi's ability to wield was gained from Kairi touching Aqua's keyblade.

There is really no reason why they need to make her from the past when her life in Radiant Garden was already a big mystery to begin with. It is more likely that she interacted with Subject X at some point

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Well to be clear, (it has been a while since I played the earlier games) I don't think Nomura has ever fully explained how Kairi ended up in DI.
If I remember this all correctly, Aqua met Kairi during Birth by Sleep. She enchants Kairi's necklace with a spell to in the event that she's ever in trouble, the light within her will lead her to the light of another.

Flashforward a year and Xehanort has let Heartless into Radiant Garden. He grabs Kairi (seen in MoM's first trailer), puts her into a pod (seen in MoM's first trailer, written about in KH1's Ansem Report), and sends her off into the Ocean Between.

Due to Aqua's spell, it brings her to the Destiny Islands as her light sought out Sora / Riku's (or maybe Ventus's, since at that time his was a broken heart of light residing within Sora's 🤪).

Oct 25, 2017
Maaaan... on one hand, I don't want to pay $60 for a game that heavily reuses assets, but on the other hand all that story stuff looks too juicy to just "watch on YouTube".

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I fucking love the KH1/2 OST so I think I pretty much have to get this despite the high price tag

Ex-Psych

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm lowkey hoping that there's a section where you can actually play as Kairi, but looking at the trophy list my odds aren't looking good :(