• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
So the image in the box art with KH3 Sora I'm guessing is when Sora was sitting with Kairi on the tree in Destiny Islands. What's the thing behind Sora?
that's the tree, it's based on this shot only from Kairi perspective

EgdNyoK.png

Neo Hartless

Jan 8, 2019
Little mad that UX, and now this game confirms the pods in KHI are how Kairi reached DI because

a) They were originally implied to be the Heartless machines (Those symbols were NOT thalassa shells, as people are theorizing now) and are a lot cooler than those sci-fi tubes in Hollow Bastion.

b) It interferes with my headcannon that Ansem straight YEETed Kairi (and presumably other potential princesses of heart) into space with his bare hands.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
The final trailer of this game is the first Kingdom Hearts trailer that hasn't spoiled any obviously significant late game content.

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This would've been worth $60 if they would've redone everything using the same style/engine as KH3 or made a new art style entirely like Theatrhythm did but going back to PS2 models is just...not it. Also still don't like how the Kairi-centric game everyone has been asking for is....this. It feels like trolling in a way; especially when her scenes probably could've been included in Remind to make it meatier since there were complaints about it not feeling worth the cost. Oh well.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
This would've been worth $60 if they would've redone everything using the same style/engine as KH3 or made a new art style entirely like Theatrhythm did but going back to PS2 models is just...not it. Also still don't like how the Kairi-centric game everyone has been asking for is....this. It feels like a trolling in a way; especially when her scenes probably could've been included in Remind to make it meatier since there were complaints about it not feeling worth the cost. Oh well.
Yeah the first Kairi game being a rhythm game is a choice

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the first Kairi game being a rhythm game is a choice
I'm trying to not complain about it too much but it just...rubs me the wrong way. It's not 'let's make a Princess Peach game and have all the mechanics be tied to emotions' bad but it's a choice. There's a chance that the next game will (hopefully) be her and Riku as the joint protagonists but my one fear(tm) is Nomura going 'that's enough development for Kairi today' after this game. Only time will tell I guess.

Neo Hartless

Jan 8, 2019
IIRC, none of KH2's trailers showed anything past the Hollow Bastion revisit.

Coded didn't have much spoiled in advance either, but that had more to do with being episodic.
Now that you mention coded, the inital trailers made it seem like it was gonna tell a "behind the scenes" of KH before it changed directions halfway.

MoM seems to be more what the initial coded trailers promised.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Will definitely get this down the line. Not sure at launch as it seems like we're going to have a busy year.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
This would've been worth $60 if they would've redone everything using the same style/engine as KH3 or made a new art style entirely like Theatrhythm did but going back to PS2 models is just...not it. Also still don't like how the Kairi-centric game everyone has been asking for is....this. It feels like trolling in a way; especially when her scenes probably could've been included in Remind to make it meatier since there were complaints about it not feeling worth the cost. Oh well.
I feel ya. It doesn't even appear that she's playable, unless this pulls a Chain of Memories, but that would still suck. I suspect the reuse of assets from the remasters is partly to have expedited the development and make this easier to run on Switch.

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017
do we know what worlds/ what songs will be in?
We can put together a partial list based on trailers and stuff.

Kingdom Hearts
Destiny Islands
Bustin' Up on the Beach
Night of Fate
Traverse Town
Hand in Hand
To Our Surprise
Welcome to Wonderland
Olympus Coliseum
Go for it!
A Very Small Wish
A Day in Agrabah
Arabian Dream
Under the Sea
Scherzo di Notte
Kairi I
Simple and Clean (Hikari for Japanese version)

CoM/Re:CoM
Naminé
The 13th Struggle

Kingdom Hearts II
Sora
Riku
Roxas
Lazy Afternoons
Sinister Sundown
The Afternoon Streets
Working Together
Waltz of the Damned
Sinister Shadows
Savannah Pride
Vim and Vigor
Part of Your World
Darkness of the Unknown

358/2 Days
Vector to the Heavens
Another Side -Battle version-
Musique pour la tristesse de Xion

Birth by Sleep
Rage Awakened -The Origin-
The Encounter -Birth by Sleep version-
Dismiss
Terra
Ventus

Dream Drop Distance
All for One

Kingdom Hearts 0.2
Wave of Darkness I

Kingdom Hearts III
Let It Go

Other
Destati - KH Orchestra World Tour

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like we can play using the Seasalt trio.

Though that'd be a real awkward conversation for any song based on Days.

OP
OP
Xenosaga

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
For those who are interested in Melody of Memory, TGS special stream is confirmed!

The stream will have Tetsuya Nomura (voice only) and Yoko Shimomura as well. There will be live Piano performance.

Also confirms that the Co-Director of Melody of Memory is Masanobu Suzui, who was the director of Theatrhythm Final Fantasy.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Thinking about it, Kairi's history with Xehanort was probably going to be explored in Birth by Sleep volume 2 before that got cancelled, because it's odd to advertise KH3 as the end of Xehanort's saga and then have not only an origin mobile game come out after but also a console game that's still exploring his history with one of the protagonists.

Like Aqua's side in 0.2, I'm glad that Nomura is able to tell this story but I do hope it leads to a greater campaign for Kairi.

Enthus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Trying to decide if I want this on PS4 to be with my other KH games, or on Switch since I play a lot of rhythm games on there and graphics aren't the focus....

Or wait for a Steam release that I hope one day comes along with the other games.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
He ain't wrong though, Nintendo is selling $60 PS2 Pokemon games, that's not a good example to follow.

This game should've been $40, but I won't lie, I'm in too deep, I will totally pay $60.
That's GameFreak. At least Nintendo sells for full price actual good games.

Oct 25, 2017
He ain't wrong though, Nintendo is selling $60 PS2 Pokemon games, that's not a good example to follow.

This game should've been $40, but I won't lie, I'm in too deep, I will totally pay $60.
O I agree I Just said the same thing and got bombarded with "you don't think a music game can be $60?!!?
No I don't think any game that's still using Ps2 assets should be tho!

If this was pre kh3 id be right there with you asking for a collectors edition 😂😂.Ain't in as deep anymore

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still shocked they're charging $60 for something reusing PS2 assets. The Nintendo business model of everything being a full-priced release is becoming a trend, I feel.

Visual assets isn't where most of the budget of a rhythm game typically goes. do you want to say rhythm games don't deserve to be full priced?

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
O I agree I Just said the same thing and got bombarded with "you don't think a music game can be $60?!!?
No I don't think any game that's still using Ps2 assets should be tho!

If this was pre kh3 id be right there with you asking for a collectors edition 😂😂.Ain't in as deep anymore
This just reeks of "lazy devs" argumentation, which is dumb. It's 140 tracks. It's not a small task to create the timing-based gameplay for that many compositions (and several difficulties for each track, if this is at all like Theatrhythm), all the visuals that go with the tracks (even if using existing assets) + the story mode cutscenes. The price is more than justified, no matter if it doesn't satisfy superficial demands of graphic whiners.

Like, how would it have been much different if they had re-used KHIII assets? Why would that be worth 60$? They'd still have been re-using assets to ease the workload. Sure, it would have looked nicer, but would a Switch version been possible then? Would even a base PS4 version been able to offer a 60fps experience? I don't think they made these decisions because of laziness or cheapness.

Oct 25, 2017
This just reeks of "lazy devs" argumentation, which is dumb. It's 140 tracks. It's not a small task to create the timing-based gameplay for that many compositions (and several difficulties for each track, if this is at all like Theatrhythm), all the visuals that go with the tracks (even if using existing assets) + the story mode cutscenes. The price is more than justified, no matter if it doesn't satisfy superficial demands of graphic whiners.

Like, how would it have been much different if they had re-used KHIII assets? Why would that be worth 60$? They'd still have been re-using assets to ease the workload. Sure, it would have looked nicer, but would a Switch version been possible then? Would even a base PS4 version been able to offer a 60fps experience? I don't think they made these decisions because of laziness or cheapness.
First don't put words in my mouth and two the only ppl whining are those who keep coming after every person that questions the $60 price tag. If you fine with it be fine with it not a single person in any of these threads has said anything to the ppl excited for this game but y'all sure like coming after anybody not on board 100%

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
First don't put words in my mouth and two the only ppl whining are those who keep coming after every person that questions the $60 price tag. If you fine with it be fine with it not a single person in any of these threads has said anything to the ppl excited for this game but y'all sure like coming after anybody not on board 100%
Then don't make dumb arguments that just because a game doesn't use the absolute best assets available that it's worth less money.

Oct 25, 2017
Then don't make dumb arguments that just because a game doesn't use the absolute best assets available that it's worth less money.
Or you can keep it pushing and not get so defensive as I didn't bother you at all for wanting the game and you could have done the same instead of bothering to argue with me about what I see or anybody else see as value

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
I'm trying to not complain about it too much but it just...rubs me the wrong way. It's not 'let's make a Princess Peach game and have all the mechanics be tied to emotions' bad but it's a choice. There's a chance that the next game will (hopefully) be her and Riku as the joint protagonists but my one fear(tm) is Nomura going 'that's enough development for Kairi today' after this game. Only time will tell I guess.

Like we couldn't have her be the one with Donald and Goofy, did it really need to KH1 Sora?

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
the Kairi game is the spinoff game with no mainline game style combat

LMAO

This franchise is king of wasted potential

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Nothing that actually spoiled anything, though. The only bit of TWTNW that was even shown (in the TGS trailer shortly before the JP release) was from a scene that ended up way different in the final game.
They did show RikuAnsem in one of the trailers but I suppose you could file that into a bait and switch thing. I will agree that the trailers were way less spoilery than the ones for games after 2.