• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Okay, maybe this isn't a big AAA Action RPG title, but it sure seems to share the same vibe. Even the characters and their racket-like tools look kinda keyblade-ish

That anime PV is pretty sweet. Character design is Oh Great (Air Gear, Bakemonogatari)

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
" You're so caught up in finding the balls that you forgot about the rackets that serve them *thwock* "

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully disney is more lenient with Kingdom Hearts after giving approval to this and to Disney Mirrorverse

images

The fact that KH has to gut itself to meet Disney's insane requests (in terms of story, disney character designs, and summons not actually being Disney characters) is always disappointing when these mobile games get free reign.

Also I don't understand what this is. Like pinball soccer?

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Those Disney redesigns look pretty bad.

In general... I don't think it's very KHish at all outside of the Mickey hoodie? It's just generic modern anime.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
Lol wtf. This shit even got Disney summons.

Also first time I'm seeing these Disney characters in official anime visuals like this (save Nomura art I guess).

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
The first vid in the OP is pretty rad.

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
Doesnt disney own the rights to the KH characters so why use knock offs when they can just use the real deal.

PachaelD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
XFLAG was surprising since that looked a bit like a Shironeko Tennis (colopl) skin. Between all that and Twisted Wonderland (Aniplex) Disney licensing seems to be happy with getting their brands through multiple publishers/developers with their own take on settings/characters

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see the KH, it's basically just anime + Disney.

This is more like Tokyo Mirage FE + Disney, especially on the visual flow and character design in general

oldzac

Jan 22, 2020
Looks nothing like Nomura's art style unless you think all Japanese art looks the same as one another.
Sometimes, when you want something to be true, you believe it, even in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. The rackets look like keyblades and that's enough for my fanboy mind to run wild.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Lol this can't be an accident. They literally look like Sora, Kairi, bishounen Mickey and a flamboyant Riku.

geHvoNR.jpg