• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Guess the Review Score

• 95+

Votes: 42 3.3%
  • 90-94

Votes: 192 15.2%
  • 85-89

Votes: 592 46.8%
  • 80-84

Votes: 366 28.9%
  • < 80

Votes: 73 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
80 - 84 is where im at, I know a couple of people who have been playing this for a couple of days and they all have compared it to FFXV vanilla content wise......
honestly, can't be as short, though for an 'action' game if the content is quality that matters more.so far from what we have seen it looks good with level gimmicks and overhauled battle system.just don't expect a 40+ hours game.

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017
honestly, can't be as short, though for an 'action' game if the content is quality that matters more.so far from what we have seen it looks good with level gimmicks and overhauled battle system.just don't expect a 40+ hours game.

It took 2 different leakers approximately 32-33 hours to finish the but of course this depends on the person.I think 25 hours is gonna be a safe bet.
Also keep in mind that when people are talking about content they post-game content, after you finish the main story.
Once again it has nothing to do with FFXV.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
It took 2 different leakers approximately 32-33 hours to finish the but of course this depends on the person.I think 25 hours is gonna be a safe bet.
Also keep in mind that when people are talking about content they post-game content, after you finish the main story.
Oh, post game content.
Sounds really good then, i guess they can add that later like Capcom on RE2/DMC V
Around 30 hours is fine

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

30 hours is a safe bet, 25 hours would mean DDD's lenght and KH III is definitely bigger.

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Reviewers frequently give underwhelming JRPGs pretty good ratings. Just look at Octopath or Ni no Kuni II as recent examples. Kingdom Hearts is a mixed bag, but the console entries have been fundamentally solid. I see no reason why it couldn't get above 85 if the former games mentioned managed the low 80s despite being so mediocre, if not outright bad in certain ways. KH3 seems polished, the game-play looks solid, and the Disney worlds are apparently better integrated than before, so the overall story being crap probably won't be too much of a detractor. I don't think it'll get hit too much from that if the other aspects are solid. I'll go with 85-88.

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017
I'm predicting 83 or 84 meta score. Definitely won't be below an 80.

85+ is not that important for this game, though. We already know it's going to be a great experience for most people who've been waiting.

Last edited:

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Reviewers frequently give underwhelming JRPGs pretty good ratings. Just look at Octopath or Ni no Kuni II as recent examples. Kingdom Hearts is a mixed bag, but the console entries have been fundamentally solid. I see no reason why it couldn't get above 85 if the former games mentioned managed the low 80s despite being so mediocre, if not outright bad in certain ways. KH3 seems polished, the game-play looks solid, and the Disney worlds are apparently better integrated than before, so the overall story being crap probably won't be too much of a detractor. I don't think it'll get hit too much from that if the other aspects are solid. I'll go with 85-88.

Thanks for reminding me about NNK2 score. Now I will be triggered if KH3 reviews worse. Osaka team's worst game is still better than NNK2.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Feels like scores are going to trickle in on this one. Lots of people getting review copies either at the eleventh hour or are even still waiting. Don't expect anything other than from the big big sites or fansites/influencers at embargo. I don't know anything, this is just an educated guess.

dimasok

Banned
Sep 9, 2018
I say a 90 but I expect an 85 which is great in my book. I mean if RDR2 can get a 97 and imho it deserves a maximum of 90 (80 in my book) then I dont see why KH3 cant. I mean the disaster that is FFXV had an 81 so...

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
I think the first leaker did some side stuff, so if you do the main story only it may be under 30.

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
I don't care about this game but fans better get ready for 'the story makes no sense' critiques without them playing the previous games

enkaisu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
I expect 85-89 from game journos, but on a personal level I expect 95+.

Also I'm shocked at KH3D getting a 75, I really enjoyed that game and I just finished it recently...

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I'm going with an 80-85 as I big fan of the series. With how good the Disney stuff seems now it could be higher but I won't get my hopes up.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Feels like scores are going to trickle in on this one. Lots of people getting review copies either at the eleventh hour or are even still waiting. Don't expect anything other than from the big big sites or fansites/influencers at embargo. I don't know anything, this is just an educated guess.

Cross fansites off of the list, hun. You probably have the best approximation of the current timeline by removing them

aerozombie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First metacritic to crack a 100 at a truly Kingdom Hearts score of 172/2!

Sounds like opencritic removed the embargo, safe money is on the actual embargo being the 28th.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
yeah 80-84 seems safe. surprised how low the series scores have been though given how many people absolutely love these games.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
KH3 was not in dev for 6+ years when they announced it at the PS event SE had not properly started yet, nomura said it was only to say something to the fans and that he showed it far too early, like FFXV when its not Versus XIII but not as bad.

However thats the impression it makes from the announcement to today

I don't buy it, game was in early development stage at that point and they did make a CG annoucment trailer with a target render at the end - it even said now in development.

Nomura says a lot of things, I rather look at the facts on how and when SE presented the game.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
75-80, critics will praise its lovingly recreated disney worlds and fun combat, but loath its writing and repetition. This is me speaking out of my ass if you couldnt tell

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Ugh ni no kuni 2. Its literally one of the most boring rpg's ive ever played. Im enjoying octopath, but its definitely like a 7.5-8 for me personally

Nov 1, 2017
FL, United States
I'm expecting the visuals, level design, gamplay, anything related to DIDNEEEE, and the soundtrack will push it to the mid to upper 80s even though the plot will be as incoherent as always.
As someone who only played I and II and the cut scene collections on the HD remakes, I really hope I know what the hell is going on.

weebro

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
I'm expecting the visuals, level design, gamplay, anything related to DIDNEEEE, and the soundtrack will push it to the mid to upper 80s even though the plot will be as incoherent as always.
As someone who only played I and II and the cut scene collections on the HD remakes, I really hope I know what the hell is going on.[/QUOTE]

giphy.webp

Deleted member 29464

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I voted 90 but yeah it's probably 85 to 89 or even 80 - 85, I forget plenty of great games I think deserve to be 90+ actually aren't.