• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheCed

Oct 27, 2017
You don't have to finish the game on critical mode to get Oathkeeper.

Edit: Beat Xemnas. It's now time to spend hours getting destroyed by Xion.
It's way easier to get Oathkeeper.
You can get Oathkeeper on any difficulty, but Oblivion requires beating the game on Critical.
It's easier to get than Oblivion, since the latter requires beating Critical Mode.

Okay, I thought Oathkeeper was better.
I will do a Critical Run eventually to get it, but now I'm still on a Beginner Risk Taker Run.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Now I'm playing around with data greeting, I just realised something.. almost no disney characters are allowed to be placed? Just Donald/goofy? (And technically the KH original characters too I guess if you want to count them)

Guess disney didnt feel comfortable with it, which I dont entirely blame them for, but bit of a shame. I must say it's a really impressive photo mode and I almost never care about that stuff, I love it if only for a model viewer.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I thought Oathkeeper was better.
I will do a Critical Run eventually to get it, but now I'm still on a Beginner Risk Taker Run.

They're kind of the same keyblade. I think Oblivion has one more point of ATK and one less of MAG and Oathkeeper is the other way around, but overall they mostly overlap with each other pretty nicely. Most of their animations are the same and they both upgrade to Double Form as their second Form Change.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
Now I'm playing around with data greeting, I just realised something.. almost no disney characters are allowed to be placed? Just Donald/goofy? (And technically the KH original characters too I guess if you want to count them)

Guess disney didnt feel comfortable with it, which I dont entirely blame them for, but bit of a shame. I must say it's a really impressive photo mode and I almost never care about that stuff, I love it if only for a model viewer.
The only Arandelle location available is the Skoll arena, that basically sums up how much Disney was interested in data Greetings lol.

spunodi

Oct 27, 2017
I now have only Master Xehanort to beat on critical now before the data battles are done. Beating Xion was very satisfying. I echo the previous discussion where someone compared it to a rhythm game, I think I ended up doing certain actioms to the music in the end!

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished Re:mind. The ending was actually really good, I was surprised with how much I liked it.

Buuuuut, the episode as a whole was kind of garbage, not gonna lie. Easily the worst part of the game so far.

It's definitely not hard to see how people who bought this mostly for the story were a little disappointed.

I'm one of the people who would pay $30 just for the 14 superbosses, and if I didn't have to go through this shitty content in order to unlock them, it would be better for me. So I'm not sure who benefits from this even existing, considering the DLC would likely be a bit cheaper if it was just Limitcut + Secret Boss.

Gameplaywise, the biggest addition is the new playable characters, but they all play more or less like shit compared to Sora. Roxas is extremely OP, but still boring. Any future playthrough I do of this content I'll just pick Sora every time, for obvious reasons.

If I was reviewing just this portion of the DLC, I'd say 6 is too generous.

Now, do I think it's fair to review just this part of the DLC? No, but if a reviewer doesn't care about the combat, Limitcut either won't change their mind or will make them like it even less, so it's not like it would automatically improve the score for negative reviews.

Anyway, super hyped to start the superbosses tonight, finally!

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Saix down. Everything finally clicked. Then I looked up a no damage video on youtube and saw that I missed two of his openings, when he stabs the ground and when he tosses 5 axes. Ah well, I got through it.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Gameplaywise, the biggest addition is the new playable characters, but they all play more or less like shit compared to Sora. Roxas is extremely OP, but still boring. Any future playthrough I do of this content I'll just pick Sora every time, for obvious reasons.

The characters don't have your stats/equipment so for me (level 99 on Proud) it was extremely worth picking them. It made some fights an actual reasonably difficult challenge instead of "I could probably sit here doing nothing for a minute without dying".

Oct 25, 2017
The characters don't have your stats/equipment so for me (level 99 on Proud) it was extremely worth picking them. It made some fights an actual reasonably difficult challenge instead of "I could probably sit here doing nothing for a minute without dying".
Ah, I see. Yeah, that makes sense. Any reason why you got to level 99 on Proud, though, if you still care about challenge? Trophy?

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, I see. Yeah, that makes sense. Any reason why you got to level 99 on Proud, though, if you still care about challenge? Trophy?

Trophy, and I played at release (got Plat ~11 months ago) so DLC was not something I was thinking about. I did the leveling last.

I've said it before, but I mostly play these games on Standard and found that reasonably challenging. I played Proud because I heard the difficulty was a bit easier this time around and was up for a little more challenge. But that was an understatement; even Proud was ridiculously easy by the end. Even before I was level 99, just my natural amount of completionism (despite this not causing the same issue for earlier games) had made all the Graveyard bosses almost as easy as the Re:Mind bosses were. I couldn't attack if I wanted to enjoy seeing them do anything; only difference is that I at least had to guard a bit. If I accidentally used a shotlock it would melt entire boss phases.

So it was a problem regardless of leveling that far, really.

Oct 25, 2017
Trophy, and I played at release (got Plat ~11 months ago) so DLC was not something I was thinking about. I did the leveling last.

I've said it before, but I mostly play these games on Standard and found that reasonably challenging. I played Proud because I heard the difficulty was a bit easier this time around and was up for a little more challenge. But that was an understatement; even Proud was ridiculously easy by the end. Even before I was level 99, just my natural amount of completionism (despite this not causing the same issue for earlier games) had made all the Graveyard bosses almost as easy as the Re:Mind bosses were. I couldn't attack if I wanted to enjoy seeing them do anything; only difference is that I at least had to guard a bit. If I accidentally used a shotlock it would melt entire boss phases.

So it was a problem regardless of leveling that far, really.
Yeah, I can definitely relate, because your experience is exactly mine with Nier Automata. I had to actively stop doing anything but dodging so I could listen to the boss dialogue in that game. It was kind of frustrating, to be honest.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Just finished Re:mind. The ending was actually really good, I was surprised with how much I liked it.

Buuuuut, the episode as a whole was kind of garbage, not gonna lie. Easily the worst part of the game so far.

It's definitely not hard to see how people who bought this mostly for the story were a little disappointed.

I'm one of the people who would pay $30 just for the 14 superbosses, and if I didn't have to go through this shitty content in order to unlock them, it would be better for me. So I'm not sure who benefits from this even existing, considering the DLC would likely be a bit cheaper if it was just Limitcut + Secret Boss.

If I was reviewing just this portion of the DLC, I'd say 6 is too generous.

Now, do I think it's fair to review just this part of the DLC? No, but if a reviewer doesn't care about the combat, Limitcut either won't change their mind or will make them like it even less, so it's not like it would automatically improve the score for negative reviews.

Anyway, super hyped to start the superbosses tonight, finally!
Totally understandable that it disappointed, I loved ReMind because of some of the big set pieces towards the end but still found it disappointing overall. Before knowing what ReMind's contents were going to be, I was hoping for something like Final Mix where they add bits and pieces here throughout the story, on top of adding this new story. I had expected Sora's journey to save Kaira to be something totally new too, and not something that involved playing through many of the same battles in what was essentially the biggest chunk of KH3's story. Limit Cut makes it totally worth it though, in my opinion. But hey, at least we got to play as Kairi and she kicked serious butt. I really hope she gets her own full game soon.

Enjoy the super bosses! They're incredibly satisfying to learn and eventually conquer. Except Dark Riku.

Oct 25, 2017
Totally understandable that it disappointed, I loved ReMind because of some of the big set pieces towards the end but still found it disappointing overall. Before knowing what ReMind's contents were going to be, I was hoping for something like Final Mix where they add bits and pieces here throughout the story, on top of adding this new story. I had expected Sora's journey to save Kaira to be something totally new too, and not something that involved playing through many of the same battles in what was essentially the biggest chunk of KH3's story. Limit Cut makes it totally worth it though, in my opinion. But hey, at least we got to play as Kairi and she kicked serious butt. I really hope she gets her own full game soon.

Enjoy the super bosses! They're incredibly satisfying to learn and eventually conquer. Except Dark Riku.
That part of Sora
exploring Scala trying to do his thing before Sora arrived at Scala, so that the new time wouldn't overlap with things that already happened
was the cool kind of time travel mindfuckery, but yeah, there was far too much of the exact same shit. Not enough content actually addressing the time travel aspects.

And I really really can't wait. If I sound very negative in those impressions, it's because I expected very little of that segment and still found it worse than expected, but at the end of the day, the reason why I bought Re:mind and started KH III in the first place is the Limitcut Episode.

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017
Counter Shield OP!!!!!

giphy.gif

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Holy shit, finally got Master Xehanort's DM down without having to resort to links. I think his desperation move might be my favorite in the whole series now. Even more than Data Xemnas.

No bullshit, I ended up writing down on a piece of paper when to guard, when to dodge roll and when to delay either accordingly, taping it to the shelf under my TV and doing that DM over and over until I was finally able to get it memorized (lol)

Might actually attempt no damaging him now. I love this fucking DLC man

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit, finally got Master Xehanort's DM down without having to resort to links. I think his desperation move might be my favorite in the whole series now. Even more than Data Xemnas.

No bullshit, I ended up writing down on a piece of paper when to guard, when to dodge roll and when to delay either accordingly, taping it to the shelf under my TV and doing that DM over and over until I was finally able to get it memorized (lol)

Might actually attempt no damaging him now. I love this fucking DLC man

Good job!

Oct 25, 2017
Took me a while, but I just beat Young Xehanort! Fantastic fight. Still prefer Dark Inferno by a small bit, but it was so much fun! The post-guard break dodge was fundamental here, I loved it.

Didn't really master his post-DM moveset, the forms helped me a ton with their enhanced blocks in the fight I won.

It was also the first time I switched my Reprisals around, just to test different things.

This game is so good. :')

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
Fuck that Yozora video up there

I have his phase 1 pretty much down to a science, his DM less so but good enough to survive consistently at this point, but he keeps killing me on his phase 2. It's annoying because I can't really practice those moves like phase 1 without getting him down every time, which takes...time.

Either he kills me on his armor phase or somewhere after.

Hopefully I can get him tomorrow. I've watched videos, I just gotta do it.

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I have his phase 1 pretty much down to a science, his DM less so but good enough to survive consistently at this point, but he keeps killing me on his phase 2. It's annoying because I can't really practice those moves like phase 1 without getting him down every time, which takes...time.
I feel like this is exactly why he'll randomly begin with a DM sometimes. It gives you a chance to practice his second phase without having to sit through the first.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
I feel like this is exactly why he'll randomly begin with a DM sometimes. It gives you a chance to practice his second phase without having to sit through the first.

I flubbed that every time lol, but I think I'd be OK if he did it again now.

But do you know if he'll use his DM again after that?

And is the rest of the fight just phase 2 after that? Would be a little crazy.

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I flubbed that every time lol, but I think I'd be OK if he did it again now.

But do you know if he'll use his DM again after that?

And is the rest of the fight just phase 2 after that? Would be a little crazy.
I *think* he's capable of using the DM in phase 2. And yeah, in my experience, it's straight up been his phase 2 attacks afterwards.

spunodi

Oct 27, 2017
It took me about 4 hours today to beat Master Xehanort on critical. I REALLY hate the spinning ice bomb things Have now beaten True Organisation XIII! Xion was hard but a much faster and more fun fight.

Tried Yozora a few times. Ouch. My ass was well and truly handed to me. Gonna be a loooong weekend.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
The ice bomb thing really sucks because you can hit the first one back and it made me feel real smug about it, but all of them after that always happened when I was nowhere near him/wasn't able to target it. It felt really unfair/punishing for no reason.

Oct 27, 2017
Just got to the data battles after replaying the game with Pro codes. Getting absolutely destroyed lol. Managed to beat Luxord and Larxcene last night but wow this is not easy with pro codes on. Rolling with Default status, MP slip, and no cure off and hoping for the best.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
It took me about 4 hours today to beat Master Xehanort on critical. I REALLY hate the spinning ice bomb things Have now beaten True Organisation XIII! Xion was hard but a much faster and more fun fight.

Tried Yozora a few times. Ouch. My ass was well and truly handed to me. Gonna be a loooong weekend.

Took me about the same amount of time to beat MX, old fuck. His ice bomb can be easily avoided a lot of the time, but when it gets you it's super annoying. Idk why there's no ice status resistance in this game.

And I just finally beat Yozora, fucking finally. Took me 3 separate days of playing. I swear to god the last 20-30 hours I've been playing this game is some of the hardest shit in my life but it's finally over.

Oct 25, 2017
God the secret boss is just way too much. I think my best attempts have still only had me taking about 4 health bars off him so far.

Oct 25, 2017
Dark Riku is really challenging. Couldn't beat him last night, played about an hour. Still can't manage to completely avoid damage during his DM.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Took down Master Xehanort! It was really tough fight. The spinning ice bomb thing was really tricky... even if you know how to avoid it, if you mess up once it fucks up your rhythm and I panicked.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
Dark Riku is really challenging. Couldn't beat him last night, played about an hour. Still can't manage to completely avoid damage during his DM.
I just used Simba to skip it *shrug*

God the secret boss is just way too much. I think my best attempts have still only had me taking about 4 health bars off him so far.

Watch some videos...he's very daunting at first and it still took me 3 days to beat, but he is very very punishable.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit the secret boss....
I have seen a lot of videos of other players fighting the boss... but it's crazy how brutal the boss is when you actually fight it yourself..

Oct 27, 2017
Marluxia down! VERY frustrating getting him down to his final DM only to have him kill you but finally got past it. Going for Ansem next.